What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns tips Inglis to become the best EVER!

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
Hang on....they said the same about SBW.

..... and Benji.

...and Karmichael.

Did the best ever say they were going to be the best ever? Not to say he's going to be right but it's a fair endorsement from the best.

Noa

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Hang on....they said the same about SBW.

..... and Benji.

...and Karmichael.

Dont recall anyone claiming Benji or k-Hunt could be the greatest player of all-time.Though I do remember some saying SBW would be the best Kiwi footballer of all-time.

It amuses me how fans of other teams seem to almost get jealous that it's not there star getting the plaudits. I can see some Parramatta fans whispering into their Jarryd Hayne posters " Dont listen to them Jarryd, your better then them."

innsaneink

Referee
Youre right when you say...almost get jealous.

Actually...a fair way off.

Really, Matt King thinks he'll do this, Andrew johns thinks he'll do that, its all been said before about SBW, Benji and cutie too....opinions are like arseholes and my point is anyone from Andrew Johns to Cyril Brinkworth in bay 12 row 4, who's been watching footy for twice as long as Johns has been alive.... can have an opinion.

Theyre worth not much, nowhere near what the players actually do on the field.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
Dont recall anyone claiming Benji or k-Hunt could be the greatest player of all-time.Though I do remember some saying SBW would be the best Kiwi footballer of all-time.

It amuses me how fans of other teams seem to almost get jealous that it's not there star getting the plaudits. I can see some Parramatta fans whispering into their Jarryd Hayne posters " Dont listen to them Jarryd, your better then them."
Well, The best players don't need to be told they are the best. They show it through their skills. Inglis is good and good on him but it doesn't mean Benji, SBW or Hayne in form can't be just as good.

JJ

Immortal
SBW and Inglis are the best of them... given any luck with injuries for SBW

Does anyone care what Johns says?

MSIH

Bench
Noa Nandruku said:
I can see some Parramatta fans whispering into their Jarryd Hayne posters " Dont listen to them Jarryd, your better then them."

:lol: :lol: Great call.

Nickeel

Juniors
Noa Nandruku said:
I can see some Parramatta fans whispering into their Jarryd Hayne posters " Dont listen to them Jarryd, your better then them."

Pretty lame tbh.

Inglis is better than Hayne. Who denies that? Who would be deluded enough to say otherwise?

Nick

Hutty1986

Immortal
JJ said:
SBW and Inglis are the best of them... given any luck with injuries for SBW

Does anyone care what Johns says?

Well, he does have a faaaaaaaaair bit of footy knowledge mate

What a compliment to receive at just 19!

Simo

First Grade
Ok I think Inglis is a good player and I heard when he was off contract last year (or the year before) EVERY club tried to sign him.

BUT COMEON!!! The greatest ever?? A little bit of an early prediction. People thought Chris Walker could play football at one stage in his carrer aswell, so I say lets not get carried away with him just yet.

A great prospect but no need to elevate him to ridiculous heights just yet.

Misanthrope

Staff member
He wouldn't be far off the mark, really. Inglis is certainly the most complete young gun doing the rounds at the moment. SBW has his moments, but his injuries and the fact he's a forward tend to count against him in the 'greatest ever' department. Hunt's so far behind the likes of Inglis and SBW it's not funny.

Meanie

Juniors
CWBush said:
Hunt's so far behind the likes of Inglis and SBW it's not funny.

Only being the incumbent test fullback who's likely to retain his spot and all. :roll:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Only being the incumbent test fullback who's likely to retain his spot and all.

What does that have to do with the SBW (a Kiwi) and Inglis (who only broke onto the scene this season)? You're joking if you don't think SBW would be picked in an Aussie team if he were eligible. Hunt's selection as Australian fullback was due entirely to injury and poor form from better fullbacks. He shouldn't even been near an Australian jersey, given that he's a Kiwi and all.

Noa

First Grade
In defence of Karmichael once he's moved to his rightful position at 5/8 or lock (the quicker the better) I have no doubt he'll be a top 3 player in the league.

Balmain_Boy

To be honest I think the plaudits being directed Inglis' way are a little over the top. There's no doubt he's a phenomenal and precocious talent, but I don't think he's acheived anything more than SBW and Benji did in their breakout years. I suppose he has done it a little younger than those two.

As for being in the top 2 or 3 players already, that's laughable. He's capable of doing things noone else in the game can, but to suggest he has as much impact on a game as the top 3 going around is farcical.

TehRenegade

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
To be honest I think the plaudits being directed Inglis' way are a little over the top. There's no doubt he's a phenomenal and precocious talent, but I don't think he's acheived anything more than SBW and Benji did in their breakout years. I suppose he has done it a little younger than those two.

As for being in the top 2 or 3 players already, that's laughable. He's capable of doing things noone else in the game can, but to suggest he has as much impact on a game as the top 3 going around is farcical.

Agreed, these sort of comments are laughable at best. The kid is 19, he's played one full season. To call him in the top 3 players already is disrespectful to players like Lockyer, Buderus, etc, who've done it for years and years and years to earn their rightful spot at the top. If Inglis is still playing the same scintillating style of football in 5 years, perhaps he's more worthy of the title then.

Don't get me wrong, who wouldn't want Inglis in their team, but as for now, that's all he is, a gun youngster. Don't burden the young lad with all these un-necessary comparisons, they will do more harm than good.