What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

eels81236

Bench
He rang me today too. Started by saying "Hi, this is Ricky Stuart from the Parramatta Eels" and then a slight pause. I said "G'day, Ricky". He then rambled on with the rest of his message. I thought it was live. He got me, the merkin.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
He rang me today too. Started by saying "Hi, this is Ricky Stuart from the Parramatta Eels" and then a slight pause. I said "G'day, Ricky". He then rambled on with the rest of his message. I thought it was live. He got me, the merkin.

I'm sure alot of people got tricked mate, the only reason i didn't was because i couldn't quite here the beginning properly and i caught on quickly.

Suitman

Post Whore

I would have rung him back and said "Hi, I'm eels81236. I'm in Ricky, are you?"

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Got an email ...

We have some exciting news: Your 2013 membership pack has been dispatched and is expected to arrive within approximately 20 working days.

wow - 4 weeks! ... it must be coming via siberia ... hahaha

Eels Dude

Coach
You should be excited Strider, that email was probably sent 4 weeks ago but it took all this time to get to you, therefore your membership pack should arrive this week some time.

well i got sent the wrong pack and was going to be sent the correct one in 10-12 days that was on the 16th of January. Still no replacement, contacted ken edwards via twitter and Eric Grothe Snr offered to help i sent him my membership number and got a call from the membership dept a hour or so later and was told they would post another from thier office on friday of last week. Still hasn't turned up yet.
I think they are using a 3rd party to collate and pack the orders and that 3rd party is making a few mistakes and causing delays. EGS is looking into how the packs are sent because it is starting to become a big problem with only 2 and half weeks til rd1.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
well i got sent the wrong pack and was going to be sent the correct one in 10-12 days that was on the 16th of January. Still no replacement, contacted ken edwards via twitter and Eric Grothe Snr offered to help i sent him my membership number and got a call from the membership dept a hour or so later and was told they would post another from thier office on friday of last week. Still hasn't turned up yet.
I think they are using a 3rd party to collate and pack the orders and that 3rd party is making a few mistakes and causing delays. EGS is looking into how the packs are sent because it is starting to become a big problem with only 2 and half weeks til rd1.

f**k - that sounds pretty ordinary.

Eels Dude

Coach
The fact that EGS is taking charge when it comes to looking into these matters is just proof of how f**ked our membership department is to begin with.

byrner

Juniors
most seem to fail the IQ test stage, as can be noted by the LU poster who aren't members.

poo poo have you stepped up yet?

What are you on about? Your sentence does not make sense.

I will wait until I am in Parra next and walk in to join. I tried to use the online system a few times and it got to the last page, after I put my pay details in, and came back with a system error.
Samething has happened to a few ppl I know.

Kornstar

Coach
I received my daughters pack in January to my old address.

I received 1 of my 2 memberships/season tickets 2 weeks ago to my new address and am still waiting for the 2nd one.

My mate who sits next to me hasn't got his yet either.

I'll panic next Thursday if I haven't got it.

so today i got a package with a scarf and a sticker in it? isn't there meant to be a Cap and lanyard or something?
Anyway there is a thing in the letter box saying there is a parcel at the post office for me so maybe there is something in that from them.
All i can say is it really is getting beyond a joke as this or similar seems to happen every year and every year they tell us it will be better next year. If i could be a ticketed member i would and the trinkets would be a bonus but being a non ticketed member who use to be happy to pay $25 a year for a badge and a yearbook to $70 for not much else it really is not worth it anymore when you have to chase everything all the way just to get it.
So unless there are major changes then they will lose 2 members next year.
And they want to get to 40k members by 2017, in the immortal words of Darryl Kerrigan "Tell em' he's dreamin'!"

Gronk

Staff member
From the article about Storm being sold to a UK interest.

Souths, privately owned by actor Russell Crowe and businessman Peter Holmes a Court, is budgeting for a $1.3 million net profit this year, according to CEO Shane Richardson.
It would make Souths one of only two NRL clubs, along with the Australian Securities Exchange-listed Brisbane Broncos, to be profitable.
Souths is budgeting for revenue of about $21.3 million in 2013, up from $17.3 million last year.
Richardson says the club is aiming for 25,000 members, up from 22,000 in 2012, and will have sponsorship revenue of more than $6 million.
Mattiske says Souths is a good example for other clubs because it has achieved a financial turnaround under its present owners without any poker machine or licensed club revenue.
“They have been able to find other revenue through membership initiatives, increased sponsorship, corporate hospitality and match-day revenue,” he says.
Parramatta CEO Ken Edwards says his club has a five-year plan to achieve profits. It will be seeking a new major sponsor by the end of the season, as Edwards believes the rights to be worth more than current partner Pirtek is paying.
Parramatta has also been rejuvenated under new coach Ricky Stuart, with membership sales up and the club operating at full capacity for corporate hospitality at Parramatta Stadium.
“We do more, so we need to look at other options such as playing at another venue,” Edwards says.
http://afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/news_ltd_has_uk_buyer_for_melbourne_kdPVtkAuXrPhQjaCvV9l7O

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
still waiting on them to return my phone call and it would be one more

only been waiting 3 months