What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Nikki

Coach
MarkInTheStands said:
Players Lists were circulated at the event.

NRL Players
Luke Burt
Nathan Cayless
Josh Cordoba
Brett Finch
Joe Galuvao
Eric Grothe
Weller Hauraki
Jarryd Hayne
Nathan Hindmarsh
Krisnan Inu
Todd Lowrie
Matthew Keating
Kris Keating
Anthony Mitchell
Feleti Mateo
Fuifui Moimoi
Brendan Oake
Junior paulo
Joel Reddy
Mark Riddell
Chad Robinson
Ben Smith
Tim Smith
Talima Tautai
Daniel Wagon

NSW Gup Players

James Grehan
Iwi Hauraki
Justin Horo
Paul Ivan
Jeremy Latimore
James Maloney
Duan Poaneki
Matt Raftery
Etu Uaisele
Justin Wood
Jonathan Wright
Broderick Wright

NYC Squad
Mitch Allgood
Jason Baitieri
David Baumann
Nathan Campbell
Shaun Cox
Jay Heming
Trent Hodkinson
Justin Hunt
Taniela Lasalo
Joel Latham
Luke Latham
Mase Laula Togagae
Owen Lauofo
Martin Lewis
John Mannah
Tim Mannah
Ben McLennan
Fareni Moefaauo
Daniel Mortimer
Luke Montinelli
Dom Nasso
Tim Robinson
Sonny Taputoa Rea
Kene Te Whata
Tony Williams

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere else, but Joey was saying that Jason is out for the season after injuring himself in England. Cant remember reading that anywhere, but I may have just missed it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Cause I knew a quote like this would come up.

Any rate.

Agenda

1, Welcome & Apologies.
  • Alan Overton apologies for the Annual report leaving Members names unpublished.
  • Non attendees include, Peter Miller, Greg Mitchell, John Kolc, Nathan Hindmarsh, Jarryd Hayne, and Krisnan Inu.
2) Minutes of the 60th Annual General Meeting, - Accepted, (MITS as Seconder).
3) Correspondence, - No Items of Correspondence
4) Election of Directors, - The Current Board was retained unopposed.
5) Annual Report.
  • Moved and Spoken too by Chris Jurd, who spoke about how the report shows a club that brings players through the grades, and the Happiness this brings, and the Loyalty it Inspires.
6) Financial Statement
  • Moved and Spoken too by John Fenwick (#89), (Clubs time keeper), Advised that there was an additional $130,000 spent on Development Costs, and Pointed out that the Club is Financially dependant on the Leagues club.
7) Election of Life Members,
  1. Joe Grima,
  2. Barry Guy (Gent with Black here and Moustache sells Doubles on Game day)
  3. Peter Miller
8) Presentation of Awards,
  • Jack Boyle Tackling award - Nathan Hindmarsh, accepted by Ron Hilditch
  • Murry Wilson Try Scoring award - Jointly won by Jarryd Hayne and Kris Inu
9) General Business
  • Alan Overton asked Denis Fitzgerald to speak to issue arising from the club Since the end of the season
  • Ray Price Lounge, as reported, what was not reported is that the Letter that went to the board was tabled, and Denis Spoke to the letter at the Trust meeting, then Alan and Denis left the room while the decision was made, Alan and Denis were made aware of the decision not to change but to create a Statue for Price after the meeting was over, and the trust assumes without asking the club, that they Football club or NRL club would foot half the bill, which could total to $60,000.
  • Tim Smith, In 2007 season he had no issues that were bought to the attention of the club. The 2 Incidents have bought the club into Disrepute. Sponsors have called, questioning the image their brand is associated with. It is confirmed, Tim did not drink at the Tollgate, Apparently acted up at the BP on Church Street before heading down to the Tollgate. Denis did have the termination letter ready. Tim is Bipolar, Confirmed. He still may not play again with the club, the club want to see him get himself right before they think about this.
  • Jarryd Hayne signing, was good to see and the 2 Reports he sat down for were good for the club, while he stated he has signed for less then Market Value, Denis said, it wasn't much less and it is a good Contract for a 19 year old.
  • Kris's interview in the paper today showed the loyalty the club inspires, and Negotiations with his manager started 2 weeks ago.
  • 2 Games at Telstra is Very much for the Money to get more people and sponsor in. Previous Contract with the Stadium was for 11 games, now is for 10. Parramatta Stadium Capacity, 20,500. Telstra Capacity 81,000. Discounted A Class tickets to opposition games at the Stadium will be offered.
  • Leagues Club Demographic has changed, more people of Asian or Arabic background. Most People at the club don't want to go to Football, the Downturn compared from 1 Saturday to a Game Saturday is around $20,000 because club patrons wanting to play the Machines or eat at Tingha Palace, have to park over 1 Km away.
  • National Youth Comp is happening, and we are preparing well, Next year, 2 NRL games on the Bill, NYC and NRL. Always the same 2 teams.
  • NSW League is the NSW CUP. Parramatta have entered into a Joint Venture with Wenty who have been a strong supporter of the club since 1947. Rip Taylor is Coach and Parramatta will provide 10 Players for them.
  • SG Ball and Matthews will play Home Stand alone games at Cabramatta as Normal
  • Team is Training as Normal, Denis Spoke with them About their behaviour, Denis asked them to raise their hand if they think the Media treat the players unfairly, All including Denis Raised their hands, but Denis said we have to live with it and Rise above it. Denis Also said most of the Senior players do not drink?
  • Players coming and going, again the club will rely on it's juniors as we have won the last 3 premier league Premierships. Joe Galuvao should be a good replacement for Ian Hindmarsh and is Raring to go and settling in well.
  • League operations cost the Leagues club $5.8 million this year, with Pokie Tax and smoking bans, the club is in financial trouble.
  • 3pm Grand Finals, Denis Voted for Night time, Asked why don't people complain about State of Origin being held and Night on a Weeknight. Kids don't have a problem staying up for that, or indeed missing it if they do go to bed.
  • Congratulation from Member Brian to Michael Hagen, Brian is concerned about the health of "Jim" Miller
  • Board was questions as to if there will be a vote about any future full time moves to Telstra, Again advised this was a finical deal, The leagues club is paying an extra 10.4 Million tax (Number 4 on the Clubs Tax Ladder) compared to when the law was not in effect. Smoking bans have caused a 15% downturn in revenue which is about $150,000 per week.
  • Junior League congratulated the District Club for its ongoing support of the Junior League, and how it helps to bring through local juniors, we have the best junior system going, contrasted us to East's who are planing to cut back funding to their Junior league. Also Congratulated Denis for his Stand on the Anti-tampering laws and agreed with Denis's comment in 2006 that it would cause great problems at clubs similar to what has happened at the bulldogs. Congratulated Andrew hill (Football Manager) and Gareth Holmes (Matts Coach) on their work and on going support of Junior league.
10) Meeting Closed.

Players Lists were circulated at the event.

NRL Players
Luke Burt
Nathan Cayless
Josh Cordoba
Brett Finch
Joe Galuvao
Eric Grothe
Weller Hauraki
Jarryd Hayne
Nathan Hindmarsh
Krisnan Inu
Todd Lowrie
Matthew Keating
Kris Keating
Anthony Mitchell
Feleti Mateo
Fuifui Moimoi
Brendan Oake
Junior paulo
Joel Reddy
Mark Riddell
Chad Robinson
Ben Smith
Tim Smith
Talima Tautai
Daniel Wagon

NSW Gup Players

James Grehan
Iwi Hauraki
Justin Horo
Paul Ivan
Jeremy Latimore
James Maloney
Duan Poaneki
Matt Raftery
Etu Uaisele
Justin Wood
Jonathan Wright
Broderick Wright

NYC Squad
Mitch Allgood
Jason Baitieri
David Baumann
Nathan Campbell
Shaun Cox
Jay Heming
Trent Hodkinson
Justin Hunt
Taniela Lasalo
Joel Latham
Luke Latham
Mase Laula Togagae
Owen Lauofo
Martin Lewis
John Mannah
Tim Mannah
Ben McLennan
Fareni Moefaauo
Daniel Mortimer
Luke Montinelli
Dom Nasso
Tim Robinson
Sonny Taputoa Rea
Kene Te Whata
Tony Williams

extremely detailed and well structured...I suggest everyone have a read at the above info as it kinda answers alot of queries and concerns that people have had this year on a vast array of issues.

Bigfella

Coach
Thanks Mits. A lot of effort went into that.

This concerns me:

Spoke with them About their behaviour, Denis asked them to raise their hand if they think the Media treat the players unfairly, All including Denis Raised their hands, but Denis said we have to live with it and Rise above it. Denis Also said most of the Senior players do not drink?

Players hardly need any more excuses and mollycoddling.

And that bit in bold is the greatest crock even for Dennis.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Oscarman said:
Badge turned up today - bigger than last year's. only sent off the money last week.:D

you lucky bugger.
some of us that turned up at the AGM to renew were told that our badges were not ready so they will mail it out to us.
told to wait about 4 weeks and then call back if we don't get anything.

but they still took our [increased] membership payments immediately.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
you lucky bugger.
some of us that turned up at the AGM to renew were told that our badges were not ready so they will mail it out to us.
told to wait about 4 weeks and then call back if we don't get anything.

but they still took our [increased] membership payments immediately.

you too hey??? :?

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Thanks Mits. A lot of effort went into that.

This concerns me:

Players hardly need any more excuses and mollycoddling.

And that bit in bold is the greatest crock even for Dennis.

Before I comment, I'd like to hear Denis' actual quote.
Don't forget, MITS was only taking notes under time restraints and pressure..

Need the news from the horses mouth to be accurate.
Is there a copy of the minutes of the meeting available to all shareholders?

Suity

Oscarman said:
Badge turned up today - bigger than last year's. only sent off the money last week.:D
Lucky you, my cheque was cashed over 2 weeks ago and they said they posted it 2 mondays ago and I still don't have it.

parra pete

Referee
The membership list in the Annual Report is NOT accurate. I had an email from Kevin Wise explaining the reason and in part it is printed here.
If anyone else has not received their report I suggest they get in contact with Kevin Wise by email. It will help them correct the errors. I have been shown as a non voting member which is not right, having been a financial member for the past six years.
[I]Dear Peter,
There have been some major problems with the computer listing of Members of the Football Club and the listing of members in the Annual Report.
I would have had at least 50 calls with respect to names missing from the listing in the Annual Report. You will notice when you receive your report that your name is not on the list even though you are a member.
Two years ago we went to a computer system for memberships.
For the Annual report last year we had to complete the listing for the Annual Report manually which meant going through all past members listed since memberships began even if they were members or not.
This took six people three days to go through. When the lists were compiled for the Annual Report it was believed that the list for the report was accurate. On checking the final draft for the report it was realized that a number of members were left off the list in the report.
A further report was printed which appeared much more accurate and this was used as the mailing list to members. On receiving a number of telephone calls and emails we have found this list still has some names missing.
It is only when I received your email that even though you are a financial member you are still not on the new list.
I have posted to-day an Annual Report to you and have checked that you are a financial member.
[/I]

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Before I comment, I'd like to hear Denis' actual quote.
Don't forget, MITS was only taking notes under time restraints and pressure..

Need the news from the horses mouth to be accurate.
Is there a copy of the minutes of the meeting available to all shareholders?

Suity

if you ask the club they may provide one for you but having read what MITS wrote, I can honostly say that information is more than accurate and as detailed as it could be.

Bigfella

Coach
eela, you and some of the people on this forum have had drinks with the players.

What would you say to the suggestion that most of the senior players don't drink?

I'm not trying to turn this into a Royal Commission, but do you think that sort of statement to members is:

1. Accurate or
2. Likely to address any drinking culture in the club, if there is one?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
eela, you and some of the people on this forum have had drinks with the players.

What would you say to the suggestion that most of the senior players don't drink?

I'm not trying to turn this into a Royal Commission, but do you think that sort of statement to members is:

1. Accurate or

the only non drinkers i can think off a PJ [bo longer at the club] and INU, the rest of them do drink, I would think that most of the senior players are quite responsable during the cause of the season.

I'm not exactly sure what the answer is in regards to the drinking culture [if there is one] at the club, I don't know how bad it is or how it is in comparason to other clubs.

I've definitely not spent no where near enough time with players to make that call.

Hellsy

Immortal
Bigfella said:

1. Accurate or

As eela said - PJ and Inu are about the only ones who don't drink.

Mind you they don't drink themselves into drunken stupers either.

I think it is a completely false ststement and if Denis believes it to be true he should join his players back at their dinner after the games more often

Stagger eel

Staff member
carson said:
Maybe he meant that the senior players wouldn't bother having a drink with him.

I wouldn't imagine that there would be many players into shiraz or Cab Savs...

Latest posts