What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Jodeci

Bench
Hello All,

Just got off the phone with a member of the Membership Team, I have been told that a letter from the CEO will be coming out to all members of the FC to advise them that you can no longer purchase a $25 Membership to the PDRLC (Football Club) only, and if you want to renew your FC membership or become a member of the FC you have to sign-up for a "Blue Blood" Membership pack from the Blue and Gold Army, membership offerings.

Blue Bloods (Old Blue and Gold Army) are designed for any fan regardless of distance from the club, and Ticketed membership includes Blue Blood's so all Ticketed Members (STH's) are now members of the FC, as was envisaged and put forward during the election campaign and as such more closely aligns us with the NRL's membership campaign.

So as far as I can see it, they are completely replacing membership of the FC with the Blue and Gold army (Or the Old STH/Blue and Gold Army), and no more membership numbers. I do wonder what will happen with the 2010 Annual Report, in regards to putting everyones name down. Should add a few extra pages if they do it.

Your PDRL will be rolled into the Blue Blood so you dont loose your voting rights, etc

wasn't his main agenda, wanting to seperate the football club from the leagues club groups family tree, for one of a better term. and we all thought, what a great idea, lets operate a cashless football club..wonderful!!

sorry Mr Hindmarsh we can't pay you this week [or ever for that matter] as the leagues club has decided to cut all funding from the football club, but we trust that you will stay on and pay us the privlidge of playing for this great club,,

because you love us!! :D

yeah..he was a looney.

I was just having a read though this thread and came up with this....

I have to wonder what Mr Formsbee is doing now.

Last edited:

J.hardiplank

Juniors
Are they still gonna give out the annual report booklet thingy for this year, or have they given up on it, or forgotten about me?

bartman

Immortal
Has the FC AGM date been announced yet, or does anyone have any inside info on when it might be scheduled for?

Just trying to advance plan diary dates... any help appreciated :)

Hellsy

Immortal
It usually is a weekend or so before Xmas, on a Sunday morning. But who knows with a new board, that may change?
It will be announced soon I'd imagine

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Got a letter from the club today saying that my football club membership is $70. I can't afford that. I can't make most games so I don't have a season ticket. Guess they aren't interested in anyone who isn't a season ticket holder.

Hellsy

Immortal
Getting us in line with other NRL clubs was probably never going to suit everyone.
Sorry you can't afford it ME, but I don't think has anything to do with "Guess they aren't interested in anyone who isn't a season ticket holder."

parra pete

Referee
I have been a voting member for the past nine years. At $70, I don't think I will be re joining either. I've got a cap, key ring holder, and half the other stuff they were giving away. Don't want the Tattoos, I would rather people think I'm a goose, than get my skin drawn on and remove all doubt.(To each his own though..Tattoos are just not me.)
Just have to go back to being a follower rather than a member. My fifty years of being a Parramatta supporter occurs next season...1960 - 2010...
Perhaps the Club should have signed Tim Smith, because member No 460 won't be renewing, and will therefore have nothing to hand back. There are at least six other members in town who won't be rejoining either, going by what they have told me.
Better to have 1000 at $25, than 300 @ $70.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think the idea is to make the football club for STH's only. So football club membership won't decrease, it'll just mean many who aren't STH's will be forced out, so to speak.

parra pete

Referee
Plus the 2500+ season tickets holders which get the Footy Club membership included that didn't before....

Yep...Good on em...It's a business now.. $70 won't break anyone..I can afford it..but I won't pay it. But hey that's just me. Not interested in the smoke and mirrors that make it look like a good deal.
All they need now is Tim Shaw coming out and saying, "But wait , there's more. If you join up in the next forty eight hours - we'll throw in a set of steak knives too".
Once upon a time in the Wild Wild West the Snake Oil salesmen used to lure Indians with promise of trinketts ..beads, and firewater....Goes to show .....The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Just bloody disappointed for the poor old fan who can't afford to fork out seventy bucks for the right to say - "Hey, I'm a member of the Parramatta District Football Club..Look here's my badge".

Well Hellsy,

The Journey that we started on AGM day in 2006 has come to an end, the club is now actively seeking members and their membership form is on the website. It has been a long road and I would think, that everyone who has joined up over the last 3 years via this thread has a you to thank for their form and signatures to join.

I hope the club acknowledges such in the future.

Pete, ME, I am sorry if you don't feel the clubs new offerings are appropriate or affordable for you. I will say Pete, that part of a blue blood pack is a members card and keyring that is still proof of your membership, regardless of the extra paraphernalia.

Having said that, I can respect your decision, but having fought so hard to increase memberships and for some to have a membership , I can tell you, regardless of what I think of some of those in charge at our club at the moment, I will retain my membership, thankfully that is now quite easy for me to do as a long term season ticket holder.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine yesterday as well.

I obviously cant vote as I dont live anywhere near Parra anymore.

Not really any value in renewing for us bushies.

parra pete

Referee
Got mine yesterday as well.

I obviously cant vote as I dont live anywhere near Parra anymore.

Not really any value in renewing for us bushies.

AND that is something I finally agree with Twizzle on....!!!!
Perhaps they could look at "Outpost membership"...I love my Eels, and would love to continue to be part of it..but it is not about passion any more for the Club ---- its about surviving from year to year. I'd rather spend the $70 bucks on the grand kids....I don't need a membership badge to prove my loyalty. Just sad to end a membership period due to a 200% (or near enough to it) increase in membership fees....
I think the Club will find that there will be plenty of bushies who react the same way...

Mmmmmmm, wonder how much it is to join the Raiders...;-)

Latest posts