What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

Got mine yesterday as well.

I obviously cant vote as I dont live anywhere near Parra anymore.

Not really any value in renewing for us bushies.
I agree, but will take a blue blood for this year and see what happens.
Again as stated in other threads the merchidise they send is not what everybody wants and most true fans would have similar stuff already and the discount at the BGA HQ is no help to me nor are the discounts to home games and entry to the members bar at ANZ. I option for non-ticketed regional members would be better as they don't need the discounts etc, take some of the crappy stuff like discounts etc out and make a blue blood regional pack for $50.
But I'll join and see what the stuff they send is like, if it's all cheap crap then i won't be rejoining next year.
In anycase if you join this year and get all the stuff, next year you'll get all the stuff again? they'll have to change whats in the pack for mine.

Stagger eel

Staff member
AND that is something I finally agree with Twizzle on....!!!!
Perhaps they could look at "Outpost membership"...I love my Eels, and would love to continue to be part of it..but it is not about passion any more for the Club ---- its about surviving from year to year. I'd rather spend the $70 bucks on the grand kids....I don't need a membership badge to prove my loyalty. Just sad to end a membership period due to a 200% (or near enough to it) increase in membership fees....
I think the Club will find that there will be plenty of bushies who react the same way...

Mmmmmmm, wonder how much it is to join the Raiders...;-)

quick question pete, when you first became a member was due to hellsy's on line campaign? or were you a member prior to that?

parra pete

Referee
No I was a member prior to that....and I had several others in town join up as well. Couple enlisted (after Helen's campaign)..I don't think they rejoin again. Not worth it for us bushies.
AND I agree with what Parra-matters said, they'll have to change the "but wait, there's more" items each year...

Stagger eel

Staff member
No I was a member prior to that....and I had several others in town join up as well. Couple enlisted (after Helen's campaign)..I don't think they rejoin again. Not worth it for us bushies.
AND I agree with what Parra-matters said, they'll have to change the "but wait, there's more" items each year...

so you and Hellsy combined influenced the people of your town to sign up??...I would of thought your mate Dennis would of atleast shouted you and Hellsy lunch and a beer for doing their job...;-)

parra pete

Referee
No.I wouldn't expect Denis - or anyone else - to shout - I don't operate like that. If I get passionate about something, I get passionate about it to the nth degree.
Denis was a very good mate of mine, and he did more for me, than I ever did for him. I liked the bloke, both as a mate and as an administrator.
I am just disappointed at how 'Outpost' followers have been treated by the Club.
BUT it won't deminish my support for the Club, although with the switch in players from Club to Club, year in, year out, the NRL has really just become a series of exhibition matches....players being the performing seals...euphoria on a Grand Final win lasts Sunday/Monday...On Tuesday after the Grand Final, who cares, it's the next season already...

Stagger eel

Staff member
No.I wouldn't expect Denis - or anyone else - to shout - I don't operate like that. If I get passionate about something, I get passionate about it to the nth degree.
Denis was a very good mate of mine, and he did more for me, than I ever did for him. I liked the bloke, both as a mate and as an administrator.
I am just disappointed at how 'Outpost' followers have been treated by the Club.
BUT it won't deminish my support for the Club, although with the switch in players from Club to Club, year in, year out, the NRL has really just become a series of exhibition matches....players being the performing seals...euphoria on a Grand Final win lasts Sunday/Monday...On Tuesday after the Grand Final, who cares, it's the next season already...

oh ok..so other than the good folk from Hay and others who knew about it courtasy of this thread, are you saying that the 'outpost' followers were being looked after by the old regime? who never once, promoted membership for the football club...so it's ok to be vocal about it now, but didn't have a problem when Auntie Jane from dubbo who's probably been a fan all her life never knew how to become a member of the football club, prior to the board ellections?

parra pete

Referee
Just because I can't see any value in it, doesn't mean anyone else doesn't. As I said, my FULLTIME following of Parramatta started in the 1960 season - next year will be my 50th as a supporter.
It makes no difference to my support if I am a member or not.
I am disappointed that $70 for Aunt Fanny at Dubbo or Uncle Bill in Mungindi is not exactly encouraging them to join. Let them continue to be vocal fans in the bush, WITHOUT forking out.
Don't let it stress you Stagger..It is not stressing me....
BTW, all praise to Helen for her efforts in getting people to join the Club. I am not knocking it AT ALL. Just won't be re-joining, but that's my decision. I don't get a vote..so I can't really see the point. Can you?

joie

Juniors
Membership to the football club was something that needed to be looked at but I'm not sure that asking members who have been members for years to start paying $70 is the way to go. I guess paying more is just the way everything is going. I will pay as I am not going to lose my membership after all these years and I hope that other members will make an effort to retain their memberships but I can understand that it will simply not be affordable for some.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just because I can't see any value in it, doesn't mean anyone else doesn't. As I said, my FULLTIME following of Parramatta started in the 1960 season - next year will be my 50th as a supporter.
It makes no difference to my support if I am a member or not.
I am disappointed that $70 for Aunt Fanny at Dubbo or Uncle Bill in Mungindi is not exactly encouraging them to join. Let them continue to be vocal fans in the bush, WITHOUT forking out.
Don't let it stress you Stagger..It is not stressing me....
BTW, all praise to Helen for her efforts in getting people to join the Club. I am not knocking it AT ALL. Just won't be re-joining, but that's my decision. I don't get a vote..so I can't really see the point. Can you?

it's not stressing me at all peter...just find it intriguing that you're now complaining about the $70 figure when the old board never promoted it all..atleast Aunt Fanny and uncle Bill knows that a foorball club exists by simply logging onto the official website.

parra pete

Referee
Because $25 was value for us in the bush. $70 isn't. As for the old regime promoting membership pffft. who cares. I didn't join up because someone asked me to, I joined because I was interested and wanted to..Same reason as I donated to the 'Keep the Eels at Parramatta Fund' in the late seventies..because I wanted to. I worry about me.
"Looking forward, looking back, we've come a long way down the track"
My opinion, people in the bush are interested at $25....not interested at $70...Result - the Club throws all its eggs into one basket, loading the bases with city people.
'Not waving, drowning'..My membership makes no difference, a dozen people out here in Hay withdrawing, makes no difference but multiply that by the members in the regional centres and across the rest of the State. NOW that could make a difference.
But who cares. It is a Club for the STH, and so it should be..Start spreading the news.....

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
souths were the perfect example of a club with a lot of supporters but not many game attendees and the fans left it too late respond initially.

parra pete, spending your $25 on some official merchandise would probably be just as helpful to the clubs coffers as your FC membership and still give you connection to the team.

Pete,

Can I ask, why Bush people are interested at $25 and not at $70.

I know the sad stories of the drought, that everyone is on there arse out Hay and other truly rural, salt of the earth communities Past the Blue Mountains, but is it a value proposition, or something else?

It is not like you are getting the same thing for $45 more.

The Blue Blood Pack delivers, (from the website http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=membership2010-nonticketed)

• Membership card
• Members lanyard
• Members hat
• Members bumper sticker
• Members key ring
• Members cooler bag
• Members coaster set
• Members tattoo sheet
• 2009 Parramatta Eels Year Book
• $20 voucher for the BGA HQ (formerly Parra Footy Heaven)
• Discounted merchandise at BGA HQ
• Access to the Eels members only bar for ANZ Stadium home games
• Discounted tickets (15% off) to Eels home games*
• Discounted tickets to away games (subject to venue’s own terms and conditions)*

• Entry to the annual member’s forum
• Preferential buying windows for NRL Grand Final, NRL Final Series and State of Origin tickets*
• Invitation to attend members only events
• Opportunity to win exclusive members prizes at all home games
• PDRL membership (16 years and over)
• Pirtek Pages subscription (mailed out quarterly)
• Weekly e-newsletter subscription (e-mail address must be provided)

Now the BOLD areas are things the PDRL members already get, the Italics are things I believe that Bush people can use and are additional to the previous membership.

For many years listening to a state wide sports show, many "Bushies" complained about the preferential treatment given to Season Ticket Holders for Big games like the SOO series and the Grand Final. Indeed I have heard tell of Many "Bushies" that make a regular trip of it, but can not secure good tickets because those blasted STH's those City Slickers have gotten the best ones before you. With this addition to your membership, Bushies have the same shot as other members, via the phone or Internet to secure their tickets. I highlight the card in that as it will have your new member number on it.

The Exclusive prizes on game day are for non-ticketed members (last year) were posted out (they were a voucher at Wally Wynn's).

If the BGA Voucher can be redeemed on-line, you get access to exclusive merch via the BGA store, stuff you can't get at your regular sports store (Sorry Matters).

And if you do happen to make a weekend of it and come to Cumberland on a Sunday you get cheaper tickets if you plan ahead and you are a member. Or if you are in the Big Smoke on business for a game where the boys are playing away, you can walk up get cheaper tickets and sit with all the other Eels members who have made the trek.

Suitman

Post Whore
Pete,

Can I ask, why Bush people are interested at $25 and not at $70.

I know the sad stories of the drought, that everyone is on there arse out Hay and other truly rural, salt of the earth communities Past the Blue Mountains, but is it a value proposition, or something else?

It is not like you are getting the same thing for $45 more.

The Blue Blood Pack delivers, (from the website http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=membership2010-nonticketed)

• Membership card
• Members lanyard
• Members hat
• Members bumper sticker
• Members key ring
• Members cooler bag
• Members coaster set
• Members tattoo sheet
• 2009 Parramatta Eels Year Book
• $20 voucher for the BGA HQ (formerly Parra Footy Heaven)
• Discounted merchandise at BGA HQ
• Access to the Eels members only bar for ANZ Stadium home games
• Discounted tickets (15% off) to Eels home games*
• Discounted tickets to away games (subject to venue’s own terms and conditions)*
• Entry to the annual member’s forum
• Preferential buying windows for NRL Grand Final, NRL Final Series and State of Origin tickets*
• Invitation to attend members only events
• Opportunity to win exclusive members prizes at all home games
• PDRL membership (16 years and over)
• Pirtek Pages subscription (mailed out quarterly)
• Weekly e-newsletter subscription (e-mail address must be provided)

Now the BOLD areas are things the PDRL members already get, the Italics are things I believe that Bush people can use and are additional to the previous membership.

For many years listening to a state wide sports show, many "Bushies" complained about the preferential treatment given to Season Ticket Holders for Big games like the SOO series and the Grand Final. Indeed I have heard tell of Many "Bushies" that make a regular trip of it, but can not secure good tickets because those blasted STH's those City Slickers have gotten the best ones before you. With this addition to your membership, Bushies have the same shot as other members, via the phone or Internet to secure their tickets. I highlight the card in that as it will have your new member number on it.

The Exclusive prizes on game day are for non-ticketed members (last year) were posted out (they were a voucher at Wally Wynn's).

If the BGA Voucher can be redeemed on-line, you get access to exclusive merch via the BGA store, stuff you can't get at your regular sports store (Sorry Matters).

And if you do happen to make a weekend of it and come to Cumberland on a Sunday you get cheaper tickets if you plan ahead and you are a member. Or if you are in the Big Smoke on business for a game where the boys are playing away, you can walk up get cheaper tickets and sit with all the other Eels members who have made the trek.

Well done Mark.

Makes the extra $45 seem like chicken feed tbh.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
As a member for 2009, I would hope that I get the Year Book anyway..That surely is part of my last year's subscription. If I don't, I'll feel like I've been dudded.
BUT for an extra $45 ..plus postage..say another $10..I don't think it is worth it..
Don't let me put anyone off joining. If I still lived in South Granville I would be the first to rejoin.
As for the other benefits ---I get my GF tickets through my connections at the Raiders and I go to SOO in Brisbane, courtesy of SouthsLogan Magpies.

As a member for 2009, I would hope that I get the Year Book anyway..That surely is part of my last year's subscription. If I don't, I'll feel like I've been dudded.
BUT for an extra $45 ..plus postage..say another $10..I don't think it is worth it..
Don't let me put anyone off joining. If I still lived in South Granville I would be the first to rejoin.
As for the other benefits ---I get my GF tickets through my connections at the Raiders and I go to SOO in Brisbane, courtesy of SouthsLogan Magpies.

But what about other Bushies? You are representative of them I am sure, which would mean every League fan in the Bush gets his tickets the same way? Then why the several years of complaining I heard from Bushies on 2KY every morning the Tickets went on sale?

Stagger eel

Staff member
maybe Pete should hook Aunty Fanny up with wayne "snoopy" Collins for connections than she won't need to pay the $70 nor miss out on gf tickets..problem solved.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well Hellsy,

The Journey that we started on AGM day in 2006 has come to an end, the club is now actively seeking members and their membership form is on the website. It has been a long road and I would think, that everyone who has joined up over the last 3 years via this thread has a you to thank for their form and signatures to join.

I hope the club acknowledges such in the future.

Pete, ME, I am sorry if you don't feel the clubs new offerings are appropriate or affordable for you. I will say Pete, that part of a blue blood pack is a members card and keyring that is still proof of your membership, regardless of the extra paraphernalia.

Having said that, I can respect your decision, but having fought so hard to increase memberships and for some to have a membership , I can tell you, regardless of what I think of some of those in charge at our club at the moment, I will retain my membership, thankfully that is now quite easy for me to do as a long term season ticket holder.

It has certainly been a journey.
I would like to thank yourself, Jess, Stags, Nix, holic, bean, Dad and everyone else for co-siging form after form with me!

Hellsy

Immortal
To those that don't like the new membership packages.... CALL THE CLUB AND EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS.

Alot of the things added this year have been done through people doing just that, so perhaps in kind some of the people on here are responsible for the price being upped.

Perhaps if enough people express their thoughts the club will look at it next year and offer an addition variation to be more like what it has always been.

For goodness sakes I am just so glad we have options this year to choose from.