What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

There was also this. I remember quite well what happened with Terry. Reasonably sure that he also apologised at some stage for his involvement with 3P.
Loved Leabeater's contribution as a player.

But what a wanker...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Spags can go to hell.

He is dreaming if he thinks he is getting control back into this joint

If he is only getting 200-300 names for an EGM to sneak his way back in.

Can you imagine the how many would sign a petition to force and EGM the moment he back doored it into the joint.

There will be a riot seriously.

People never forget that period between 2010-2016 was 95% of spags doing and it took us 4 years post him to clean it up.

emjaycee

Coach
So as I understand it the EGM has 4 motions, each to dismiss a particular Director of the PLC, with no named replacements. Each motion needs 75%+1 vote to pass I believe.

At next year's AGM, these 4 spots will need to filled so candidates will be running from this group, with the aim of taking a majority position on the Board of the PLC.

If successfull, the idea is to remove the 2 PLC nominated Directors to the PNRL Board and replace them with their own people from the elected 4.

Once there are 2 on the PNRL board, the plan is then to convince 2 existing PNRL Directors to vote to wind back the PNRL constitution so that PLC board has total control of PNRL and suddenly, Spags has control of the footy team again.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So as I understand it the EGM has 4 motions, each to dismiss a particular Director of the PLC, with no named replacements. Each motion needs 75%+1 vote to pass I believe.

At next year's AGM, these 4 spots will need to filled so candidates will be running from this group, with the aim of taking a majority position on the Board of the PLC.

If successfull, the idea is to remove the 2 PLC nominated Directors to the PNRL Board and replace them with their own people from the elected 4.

Once there are 2 on the PNRL board, the plan is then to convince 2 existing PNRL Directors to vote to wind back the PNRL constitution so that PLC board has total control of PNRL and suddenly, Spags has control of the footy team again.
He's got it all worked out eh.
FW!

emjaycee

Coach
He's got it all worked out eh.
FW!
Well he has a plan.
Whether it eventuates is another matter because the likelihood of each step actually succeeding is very limited.

When the same people were trying to block some of the changes Max was trying to introduce to the consitution, they had just over 25% of voters at the meetings, so enough to block the change. Once postal voting was introduced, that number dropped to approx 10% and the motions Max wanted got passed.

So a couple of hundred people that want the change might not be enough for even step 1, IF sufficient numbers turn up at the EGM and/or postal voting is allowed at the EGM (I do not know whether it is or not).

I also think the likelihood of our current professional PNRL board of bankers and accountants suddenly agreeing to take us back to the dark old days where a $20M+ business was run by ex-footballers and dodgy business people is very, very low, so I don't believe step 4 will ever happen if it got that far.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Well he has a plan.
Whether it eventuates is another matter because the likelihood of each step actually succeeding is very limited.

When the same people were trying to block some of the changes Max was trying to introduce to the consitution, they had just over 25% of voters at the meetings, so enough to block the change. Once postal voting was introduced, that number dropped to approx 10% and the motions Max wanted got passed.

So a couple of hundred people that want the change might not be enough for even step 1, IF sufficient numbers turn up at the EGM and/or postal voting is allowed at the EGM (I do not know whether it is or not).

I also think the likelihood of our current professional PNRL board of bankers and accountants suddenly agreeing to take us back to the dark old days where a $20M+ business was run by ex-footballers and dodgy business people is very, very low, so I don't believe step 4 will ever happen if it got that far.
I'm a believer that there should be at least one board member who has an NRL background. Not necessarily a player. Could be a coach, administrator etc preferably with an Eels history. Probably a tall order for our club though.
Sounds like the next meeting might be worth attending. You could shout me a beer? 😁

Latest posts