What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jonah lomu to london broncos ??????

jonah lomu has had some meetings with cullen sports, in the aim of jonah lomu joining the london broncos if cullen sports buys the london broncos superleague team

FredParky

Juniors
But would he not be a quota player? I think they are up to quota unless he is a Kolpak ruling South sea islander?

FredParky

Juniors
Its good publicity though if it is anything like true, and in this game in 'Blighty' any news in the newspapers is good news.

in the sunday paper last week both jonahs manager and wife, PR agent and eric watson have been confirmed of having a meeting with jonah about going to the broncos

shaggy

Juniors
im pretty sure he played leage up until the end of high-school
he never really retired from union he stopped playin about 2 yrs ago due 2 the fact that he had problems with his kidneys & has 2 have dialises 4 it, it was also revieled he played with this problem through his hole carrer menaing he has never played @ 100%, if he got the transplant (which last i heard he was on the waitng list trying 2 find a donar) then i guess he would return 2 the game

cheeseman_james said:
im pretty sure he played leage up until the end of high-school
he never really retired from union he stopped playin about 2 yrs ago due 2 the fact that he had problems with his kidneys & has 2 have dialises 4 it, it was also revieled he played with this problem through his hole carrer menaing he has never played @ 100%, if he got the transplant (which last i heard he was on the waitng list trying 2 find a donar) then i guess he would return 2 the game

he had his kidney transplant like 3 to 5 months ago

joshreading

Staff member
It would be a MASSIVE boost to the London Broncos and Rugby League in Great Britain. The amount of Kiwi's atleast that would turn out to see him play would be a boost. (probably double the crowds)

i also hear danny williams has signed for 1 year with the london broncos with danny missing out on the first 9 games due to suspension

Fatbob

Juniors
This is the problem with rugby league in England. Why has this rumour not made the papers/tv? I'd love to see it happen but more importantly I'd love to see the rumour make some waves. Ellery Hanley to the London Monarchs anybody?? :lol:

Latest posts