What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jono Wright

bartman

Immortal
Burt got no help from inside tonight, he threw his hands in the air as was unmarked more than once when Jono went back inside. From the grandstand it looked as if a few opportunities were butchered on the left side.

Was a dreadful miss for that try in the second half, no it was awful, can't believe that he missed Taumata, was a poor game again from Jono
Burt was getting very upset at the abject lack of ball getting out to him threw Wright all night. Maybe it didn't come across on TV, but Burt seemed really aggro about it.

Humble would be a better inclusion at centre next week imo than Wright.

yy_cheng

Coach
Burt was getting very upset at the abject lack of ball getting out to him threw Wright all night. Maybe it didn't come across on TV, but Burt seemed really aggro about it.

Humble would be a better inclusion at centre next week imo than Wright.

You don't get to see that on TV. They sort of zoom in on Wright. But Wright never evened looked at passing to Burt

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Write tonight looked like a carbon copy of Joel Reddy from 3 years ago. Im of the opinion that he will end up being just as good.

Seems like Ando is turning our centers into workers rather then runners with flair.

yy_cheng

Coach
Write tonight looked like a carbon copy of Joel Reddy from 3 years ago. Im of the opinion that he will end up being just as good.

Seems like Ando is turning our centers into workers rather then runners with flair.

Thing is is that Wright has played centre in his junior years. Reddy had played FB I think.

Reddy makes use of his winger.

Wright has no idea.

I just get this feeling that some of the players who are leaving or are playing for a contract are playing selfish to impress. Rather than playing for the benefit of the team.

yy_cheng

Coach
I never really rated Tonga and didn't really mind that he left us but he impressed me today.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
There was a time when Reddy had no idea either. Wright is still learning. I get the feeling he will be here for a long time and he isnt a target for other teams both on field and in recruitment. I dont think he is ready for first grade yet either, but there isnt a grade to put him in at the moment either. The NSW cup is not nearly good enough for him.

And I got blasted for this a few years ago, but if it wasnt for bloody Lyon, Tonga would have stayed with us instead of going to the Bullcheats!

Parra Steve

Juniors
Wright needs to play more first grade games and more consistently, I think there's a good player there but he's lacking in experience and it shows

Forty20

First Grade
Wright is caught in limbo right now. Having seen quite a few of Wenty's games by virtue of Wednesday arvos on Foxtel he is consistently playing at a level above NSW Cup. However his lack of continuity in the first grade team has stunted his growth at the top level and as such what we are witnessing is a young lad second guessing his abilities, causing him to take the wrong option more than not.

Like Parra Steve said, there is a good first grade player in there. Whether we are patient enough to nurture it to fruition is an entirely different matter.

Confidence makes a world of difference, as we should all well know given last year and he is lacking in it right now.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Wright is caught in limbo right now. Having seen quite a few of Wenty's games by virtue of Wednesday arvos on Foxtel he is consistently playing at a level above NSW Cup. However his lack of continuity in the first grade team has stunted his growth at the top level and as such what we are witnessing is a young lad second guessing his abilities, causing him to take the wrong option more than not.

Like Parra Steve said, there is a good first grade player in there. Whether we are patient enough to nurture it to fruition is an entirely different matter.

Confidence makes a world of difference, as we should all well know given last year and he is lacking in it right now.

Agreed.... so what does DA do with the Panthers this Sat night, put Wright up against Jennings or Purtell??? Who is going to shut down Jennings???
or how???

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Agreed.... so what does DA do with the Panthers this Sat night, put Wright up against Jennings or Purtell??? Who is going to shut down Jennings???
or how???

I shouldnt never be a one man job.

You know what was great about us tonight, although we leaked more points then usual, we were putting 3 men into tackles almost all game. Even right until the end. Thats what we should do with Penrith. Crowd their second reciever and when Jennings does get the ball, present a straight line of defence infront of him. Jast like last year at Parra.

If the Cowboys didnt have the best player in the world in their team, they would not have scored one point and we would have scored 3 more tries.

Forty20

First Grade
or how???

Honestly if I was in Ando's position I would run Hayne against Wright (and Reddy for that matter) all week long.

Yes Jennings has better acceleration but Hayne is stronger and has a better top end speed (definite citation needed there) while they have similar footwork. If they can get to a point where they can limit Hayne then they will be able to disrupt Jennings.

Besides the battle against Penrith won't be won by the outside backs. I'm hoping our pack won't give them a chance and will be rolling them down the middle all day long.

It has taken 18 weeks but Fui has finally hit his straps and he has got back his last yard of acceleration, which had simply disappeared previously this year. Now that he is once more bending the line our front row rotation is as close to perfectly balanced as it will ever be.

Back to Wright, he should be picked against the Panthers. Preferably marking Purtell but maybe Ando backing him to rip into Jennings is just what he needs?

ROGUE

Juniors
If we plod along with wright in the future we are accepting mediocrity and we've done too much of that in the past

Joely01

Bench
Seriously lets just let him go to the Sharks (who allways buys our fringe 1st graders) and bring in Sio or Etu as out back up for origin and injury. Wright looks lost out their, and when you are playing out wide off hayne with his cut out passes you have to be aware and he just looks like he needs some more sleep. Sharks will come and snap him up for sure :lol::lol:

Latest posts