What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jono Wright

Parra Steve

Juniors
When he let the panthers scored their 2nd try i wanted to kick the dog, thankfully he turned that around and scored 2 pretty good tries.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok..I'm going to embaress Avenger here but meh who cares??

first Text message was sent at 22-0: Can you please run over him in the car park?

response from staggs: I don't want to f**k up my car.

Venge: I'll buy you a new one.

text message sent after Jono's first try: we'll just bitch slap him instead!

text message sent after his second try: f**k it! I'll buy him a car instead

:lol::lol:

Nikki

Coach
ok..I'm going to embaress Avenger here but meh who cares??

first Text message was sent at 22-0: Can you please run over him in the car park?

response from staggs: I don't want to f**k up my car.

Venge: I'll buy you a new one.

text message sent after Jono's first try: we'll just bitch slap him instead!

text message sent after his second try: f**k it! I'll buy him a car instead

:lol::lol:

Funny you say that.. He actually needs one!! lol

Stagger eel

Staff member
Funny you say that.. He actually needs one!! lol

lol...well Avenger has offered to buy him one so we'll leave that up to him.

btw, I congratulated him last night after the game and he looked at me with wry grin and say, atleast I held on to the ball...:lol:

lingard

Coach
Well, I still think he`ll turn into a very good centre. Has more attacking potential in him than Joel Reddy. I can see a lot in this guy.

strider

Post Whore
Went ok, though lucky he scored that try where he refused to pass to Hayne where he would have been under the posts, still a liability.

I disagree

my first impression was - omg you lucky SOB, I can't believe you nearly bombed that try

BUT ... I don't think that was luck at all - infact I think it was very good vision .... I reckon he had every intention of passing to hayne, but spotted coote going for the intercept so he made a good decision and kept the ball ... you watch a front on replay of it and he is watching coote closely and makes a decision based on coote's decision ..... had he tried to pass to hayne coote probably would have either knocked it down or worse intercepted it

i'm not convinced jono will be good, cos he does some really bad things at times, but he rescued himself from the hangman's noose last night

ps: I must also say I think when he let them score that try last night it was probably partly Inu's fault for not communicating well enough with him and telling him he had to knock it dead ..... its a team game fellas - talk!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well I rate Jono, still learning his trade but I reckon he'll go OK

Went ok, though lucky he scored that try where he refused to pass to Hayne where he would have been under the posts, still a liability.

I agree. It was a classic draw & pass situation.

Lucky for Wright, he didn't do a Ben Teo - if anyone happened to catch the worst bomb try of the year in the other game last night!

Last edited:

jono

Juniors
I agree. It was a classic draw & pass situation.

Lucky for Wright, he didn't do a Ben Teo - if anyone happened to catch the worst bomb try if the year in the other game last night!

Disagree , Jono was forced into dummying because Michael Gordon had got in between Him and Hayne , if he passed either Gordon intercepts or runs down Hayne.
At first I thought he screwed it up , but when I saw the head-on replay , I wqas discussing with the Penrith supporters that Gordon virtually forced Jono to dummy. You can see him yelling at Coote to tackle Jono

sooty

Juniors
Jono good to see you defend yourself:lol: perhaps you should have chipped and chased:lol:

roopy

Referee
Jono needs input from a few more coaches.
He has been a one coach guy till this year really.
Rip Taylor had him on the Central Coast in 2004, took him to the Knights under 20s in 2005 and 6, them to Wentworthville in '07.
Rip is a good coach, but he taught Jono everything he could 5 or 6 years ago, and Jono needs someone like Kenny to give him some input to fix up his obvious faults.

Parra Guru

Coach
Jono needs input from a few more coaches.
He has been a one coach guy till this year really.
Rip Taylor had him on the Central Coast in 2004, took him to the Knights under 20s in 2005 and 6, them to Wentworthville in '07.
Rip is a good coach, but he taught Jono everything he could 5 or 6 years ago, and Jono needs someone like Kenny to give him some input to fix up his obvious faults.

I hate to sound like Gus here but....

NO NO NO NO NO!!!