What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jono Wright

kanseki

Juniors
for some reason, i've never liked jono wright.. i can't entirely put my finger on it :( watching him play really got on my nerve >:|
please drop this guy and try someone else out in my opinion

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Wright caused INU nightmares, up & in forcing INU to cover the ever widening hole. INU played better than a lot have given him credit for. Sure he had some stuff ups but he was up against a very desperate team playing very dirty at times. I gave him a 6.5 out of ten tonight. Wright got a 5 out of ten as did Reddy. Lets see how they go next week. If they improve by 10 to 20% INU gets a 8.5/10 & Wright & Reddy get a 7/10 rating. I think they will improve next week against a more conservative Panthers rattled after losing to the Warriors.

Fathead

Bench
Dont know why Etu doesnt get a run in the side instead of Inu... Etu was in the 25 so it wouldnt cost us money....

strider

Post Whore
he had plenty of buddies in the sh*t defense and dropped balls department tonight

deadset - the cowboys suck, cos large parts of that game we were woeful :lol:

BissyB

Juniors
Our back 5 bar Hayne have been poor in recent weeks. Inu, Wright, Burt and Reddy havnt built on the platform layed out by our pack and are struggling defensively.

Delboy

First Grade
Burt got no help from inside tonight, he threw his hands in the air as was unmarked more than once when Jono went back inside. From the grandstand it looked as if a few opportunities were butchered on the left side.

Was a dreadful miss for that try in the second half, no it was awful, can't believe that he missed Taumata, was a poor game again from Jono

Stagger eel

Staff member
Dont know why Etu doesnt get a run in the side instead of Inu... Etu was in the 25 so it wouldnt cost us money....

tonights performace for Wenty would of answered that..

Justin Horo or Tom Humble at left centre

Djay

Juniors
How some of you's rated this guy as 1st grade standard he proved tonight how bad he really is.

yy_cheng

Coach
tonights performace for Wenty would of answered that..

Justin Horo or Tom Humble at left centre

Staggs, the way KK plays, do you think he could make a good centre with his running game and some ability to offload?

Defensively, he defends out there so it shouldn't be an issue.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
for some reason, i've never liked jono wright.. i can't entirely put my finger on it :( watching him play really got on my nerve >:|
please drop this guy and try someone else out in my opinion

That semis game against the Titans last year, Wright played very well. If I was DA I would stick with him to build his confidence. He would have learnt heaps tonight playing against a most desperate Cowboys stretching the ball wide in one sweep forcing defenders to stretch out and then turning the ball back the other way to have runners going through the holes caused when the defence was stretched. I think Wright got a massive learning experience tonight. Thurston & Co have done him, Reddy, Inu & others a great service for the games ahead. If the boys study the tapes and learn from tonight, they will shut out the Panthers next week and thrash them. Hope Robbo is playing as well as MK. Both played great tonight.

Things are looking up Eels fans, please go easy on the backs & just remember almost the same learning experiences occurred for some of our least experienced players late last year which forged a team mighty enough to get into the GF. We only need to improve around 10% each week from here on end to explode into the top 8 and go on to win the GF.

Losing Ben Smith with that hammy is a huge setback. Time for someone else to finally step forward and fill this hole... maybe Pat O'Hanlon?, time to blood him or do we go with a Wentworthville backrower or another young prop ready to be given a shot like Allgood or give Lasalo another go or just use Oake ??? Against a big Penrith pack maybe DA will go for a big unit like Manuokafoa???

kanseki

Juniors
Staggs, the way KK plays, do you think he could make a good centre with his running game and some ability to offload?

Defensively, he defends out there so it shouldn't be an issue.

im not staggs but..
i was thinkin KK could play as a back too LOL. i think it was a dream i had when teamlists were announced and they had KK as a centre lool.. strangest thing ever :crazy: hes certainly got the speed but i don't think he's 'big' enough

yy_cheng

Coach
im not staggs but..
i was thinkin KK could play as a back too LOL. i think it was a dream i had when teamlists were announced and they had KK as a centre lool.. strangest thing ever :crazy: hes certainly got the speed but i don't think he's 'big' enough

Besides speed, he has the footwork and would be great to get 1 on 1 against an opposing player. His run between 2 players and offload, possibly to the winger could just work.

In the middle as a half, he is too greedy for mine.