What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Periera Signs For A Further Two Years

Warabrook saint

Juniors
In what way does he remind you? When Greg Inglis played for Norths Devils he was a gangly young player often running down the sideline using his fend to score.
Jordan Periera has more bulk about him and uses that to his advantage.
Physically, they are two very different players.
He's a richard the third

Mr Red

First Grade
I’m not sold on him. Handy backup player but not sure if he’s what we need as a permanent winger.
He has good aggression in his game which is missing in a lot of our backs, but personally I would like to see a winger capable of running 80m to score like Brett Morris used to.
He doesn’t seem quick at all...and we already have enough slowness in the backline.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
By the way it is good to see you back posting once again , I expect that you were well and truly down in the dumps as we all were . And please ensure that there is none of that ' nude stripping ' when you chaps go out for your end of season drinks ! :innocent:[/QUOTE]

Gareth we are not that silly lol

possm

Coach
He is an enthusiastic player and caught most high balls as a winger which is also refreshing at the Dragons. Show defensive qualities and good return carries. Well deserved and should start next year.
In my opinion he is a second tier player who would rate in the bottom 6 of the competition. He is a great depth player. He is not a top first grade winger and not an outstanding player. I rate B Morris way ahead of him right now as it looks like the Rooster have signed Morris as a depth winger.

Vinnie

Juniors
Ive gone on here and said that Periera is not a first grade winger !! I will now humbly say that his last few games were exceptional and admit that he got better and better. So congats Jordan you earn t it. Actually both him and Nene were exceptional the last few games.

I have to say his signing doesn't inspire a lot of hope in all our noted up and coming backs getting first grade call ups so we may be resigned to losing most of them and that is so unfortunate.

Let's hope Nene stands up and plays consistently like he did at the end because we know he can but he just doesn't and i really think it's due to laziness !!!

possm

Coach
Provided Pereira's contract price is reasonable, I feel he is worth extending but do not feel he is an automatic selection in first grade next year. However, Pereira represents the type and level of backup player we need more of at the Club. Too often ISP players selected to first grade just aren't up to scratch mainly because they have not been prepared properly for first grade.

Gareth67

First Grade
By the way it is good to see you back posting once again , I expect that you were well and truly down in the dumps as we all were . And please ensure that there is none of that ' nude stripping ' when you chaps go out for your end of season drinks . :innocent:

Mate , I was referring to Mary ! :yum:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
In my opinion he is a second tier player who would rate in the bottom 6 of the competition. He is a great depth player. He is not a top first grade winger and not an outstanding player. I rate B Morris way ahead of him right now as it looks like the Rooster have signed Morris as a depth winger.

Morris won’t be depth at the Chooks next year.

It still annoys me that McGregor’s presence is the most likely reason why he left SGI in 2014.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The main query I have surrounding Peirera is why there was zero interest for him from rival clubs?

This begs the question; how many teams would include Jordan in their starting lineups?

It’s an interesting thought.

Good on him. I thought he made the most of the opportunities provided, and grabbed the bull by the horn (as it were), He’s certainly a busy player who’s always eager to be involved. Peirera needs to work on catching during the off-season.

Reactions: jak

Bench
The main query I have surrounding Peirera is why there was zero interest for him from rival clubs?

This begs the question; how many teams would include Jordan in their starting lineups?

It’s an interesting thought.

Good on him. I thought he made the most of the opportunities provided, and grabbed the bull by the horn (as it were), He’s certainly a busy player who’s always eager to be involved. Peirera needs to work on catching during the off-season.
I thought he handled the bombs quite well. I think he has a wing spot next year. He runs hard but I am not sure he could run 80 meters without getting run down.

Como Connection

First Grade
Solid player. Good to see him re-signed

Reminds me a bit of Rod Wishart. Hope he turns out as good as Wishart but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Cost the 99 GF running the ball out from the kickoff after a Dragons try and dropped the ball.
Melbourne score in the next six.
CC

rasaint

Juniors
Jordan runs as hard as he can, catches the high balls and defends well. He deserves credit and posters on here have been positive.

My observation is that he lacks genuine speed. That means in those close sprint and dives in the corner to finish a backline move he won’t make it. He isn’t slow but teams need quick players on the wing.Jordan is about Nightie speed. Big fast wingers are what is required.

Nene Mc has been very good this year. If he gets fresh air in front of him only Ado Carr or a jimmy the jet will run him down. Nene is great running the ball back and against Brisbane and Souths again carried big metres and it appears he is being released? He is a top class winger.

I am a little concerned that it appears we are replacing Nene Mc and Nightie with a relatively slow gutsy stocky winger and a Fijian guy that hasn’t set the world on fire.

Does look good for next year.

Latest posts