What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - How long do we wait?

TruSaint

Referee
Offer was reported put on table prior to SOO.
If my memory is correct it was circa 2.5 mil for 4 years ?

nrlnrl

First Grade
relax, it'll be finalised after Origin ( maybe before end of July, but no need for concern guys )

David007

Juniors
If it's a done deal . Why isn't the deal done?

I agree. And the only explanation I can come up with is down to the uncertainty of a coach. Why would a player sign a long term contract without knowing who his coach is going to be? It'll be the same story for many players. All the more reason to get a replacement for Price NOW!

I mentioned Justin Morgan for coach in the Price posts. He actually coached Dugan in Canberra last season so could be positive in harnessing his potential brain explosions as he has experienced them before. From what I've heard Furner was not one on instilling discipline.

If it was a done deal it would've been done. If you know what I mean.

As long as he's not signed, someone can make him a better offer. And a better offer could easily be the same or a bit less money at a team that's not second last.

I find the complacency a bit surprising. We are looking like a bit of a joke at the moment and this could easily be the sort of Souffs f*** up that would turn us into a fully fledged laughing stock.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. But if he ended up at Brisbane or C****rbury I'd hardly be going "hey, never saw that coming".

TruSaint

Referee
relax, it'll be finalised after Origin ( maybe before end of July, but no need for concern guys )

nrlnrl, i agree that it probably will happen, but as Father Ted said, it hasnt. As for SOO being the cause, why would that be? The spend a few days in camp every 3 weeks or so. Thought it would be a nice boost to get this signature before we start an auction again.

st.phil

Bench
Doust commented last night that they were very deep in negotiations but implored patience as signing a guy like Duges to a long term big buck contract is not as simple as making a ham sandwich. Reading between the lines it appears a fait accompli - hopefully announced in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
If his ex is about to give birth in Brisbane next week and Dugans great wish is to be a hands on Father. I won't be too shocked if he flies north

nrlnrl

First Grade
nrlnrl, i agree that it probably will happen, but as Father Ted said, it hasnt. As for SOO being the cause, why would that be? The spend a few days in camp every 3 weeks or so. Thought it would be a nice boost to get this signature before we start an auction again.

I can relate to your doubts, but I've heard him say on numerous occasions words along the lines of "I'm just looking forward to securing my future in the Red V / with the Dragons".

I think it's respectful & professional to leave it until after Origin when his focus is 100% on playing in the NRL. I've seen it happen with other players from other teams & strongly believe it'll be worth the wait.

Please have some faith guys !

TruSaint

Referee
I can relate to your doubts, but I've heard him say on numerous occasions words along the lines of "I'm just looking forward to securing my future in the Red V / with the Dragons".

I think it's respectful & professional to leave it until after Origin when his focus is 100% on playing in the NRL. I've seen it happen with other players from other teams & strongly believe it'll be worth the wait.

Please have some faith guys !

Fair call.
Here's hoping we r right :)

tumbidragon

First Grade
Doust commented last night that they were very deep in negotiations but implored patience as signing a guy like Duges to a long term big buck contract is not as simple as making a ham sandwich. Reading between the lines it appears a fait accompli - hopefully announced in the next few weeks.
Are you sure that's not "reading between the dough" *Boom, boom ting!
Well that's my "funny" for the week lol

Here's what worries me. There's a chance that he'll miss SOO next week because his partner/ex-partner/whatever is giving birth in Brisbane. Good on him, it'd be the right choice to put the birth of a child ahead of a proper NRL game, let alone a Harlem Globetrotters who-gives-a-f*** exhibition game.

But the kid, when born, is going to live, with his or her mom, in Brisbane. A city with a team that's got a hole at fullback and plenty of salary cap space.

I'm not Dugan and I've got no insight into what matters to him in life. But I wouldn't be living in the Gong if my kids were in Brisbane.

BennyV

Referee
Here's what worries me. There's a chance that he'll miss SOO next week because his partner/ex-partner/whatever is giving birth in Brisbane. Good on him, it'd be the right choice to put the birth of a child ahead of a proper NRL game, let alone a Harlem Globetrotters who-gives-a-f*** exhibition game.

But the kid, when born, is going to live, with his or her mom, in Brisbane. A city with a team that's got a hole at fullback and plenty of salary cap space.

I'm not Dugan and I've got no insight into what matters to him in life. But I wouldn't be living in the Gong if my kids were in Brisbane.

If that's the case, however, I hold no hard feelings against the guy. If he chases the money or doesn't want to be at Saints, then he'll be up there with Tallis, but if he genuinely wants to move there to be closer to his boy and be a better dad, you can't really blame him, it's a fair call.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Going to be interesting if Barba goes to the Broncos. Do you think they'd still be keen on signing Dugan as well? You could try either one at 5/8 since Norman is leaving.

Personally I think he'll re-sign.

st.phil

Bench
His ex moved up there this year...you can raise a child just as easy in Syd / Gong as you can in Brissy. Perhaps she should move back for us Dragons fans?

Latest posts