What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hodgson

T.S Quint

Coach
so you can now predict Moses’ form in 2027? Didn’t you previously tell us qld just won origin and had two players well into their 30’s?

One minute you’re using that argument for, and next you’re using that argument against.

choose a storyline and stick with it please.

From what I can see, Pou is saying that he just doesn’t want to have Moses on contract for $1.2m when he is 34 years old because the chances of him being worth that much at that age are small.

He’s not saying that Moses definitely won’t be any good then, nor is he saying that Moses isn’t worth that much now. He might be happy to have Moses on. Smaller contract at that stage.

This doesn’t have much to do with Hodgson because he is on nowhere near as much as $1.2m a year. Pou thinks Hodgson offers value this year on his (probably) small contract. Most others don’t.

T.S Quint

Coach
When camouflaged shit is posted, it's not a hard job to expose the camouflage... but someone's gotta do it 😎

Or one could just state your argument (including any relevant evidence) without resorting to name calling and just outright being a dick.

He called Pou a troll and inferred that he’s not an eels fan. It’s pretty obvious that neither of these things are true.

IFR33K

Coach
From what I can see, Pou is saying that he just doesn’t want to have Moses on contract for $1.2m when he is 34 years old because the chances of him being worth that much at that age are small.

He’s not saying that Moses definitely won’t be any good then, nor is he saying that Moses isn’t worth that much now. He might be happy to have Moses on. Smaller contract at that stage.

This doesn’t have much to do with Hodgson because he is on nowhere near as much as $1.2m a year. Pou thinks Hodgson offers value this year on his (probably) small contract. Most others don’t.

I understand what he’s saying. Regardless of what Hodgson is on, he’s been poor to ok and outplayed by hands. Plus he’s blocking the path of another player. Poo has argued Hodgson isn’t too old, and used hunt and cherry evans as an example.
Yet not long ago was saying we shouldn’t sign Moses as he’ll be old as the deal ends.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just more bad luck I suppose ...

f**k we're unlucky....
Only unlucky for Hodgson. But we are paying him little enough that we don't need him playing 80 minutes, and he is happy to do what's best for the team, so it's win/win. Are you concerned we can't beat anyone with Hodgson in the team?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He needs to worry attempting to improve, not testing the boundaries
Testing the boundaries is what he brings to the team. In recent years we have been among the least penalised teams because we haven't tested the boundaries. This means we have left a lot of unpenalised grubby advantageous shit out on the field when we could have been reaping the benefits. Hodgson brings experience and footy IQ to this team. We are getting no value if we aren't using it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so you can now predict Moses’ form in 2027?
No, I can predict his age.
Didn’t you previously tell us qld just won origin and had two players well into their 30’s?
Qld don't have to worry about the salary cap.
One minute you’re using that argument for, and next you’re using that argument against.

choose a storyline and stick with it please.
Maybe you need to stop misrepresenting my position. If you don't understand just ask politely for a clarification and I'll dumb it down even further for you. There's no need to be a smartarse.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Ok, well I’m sure there are instances of trolling to get certain members on here riled up. Can you blame him though with the level of vitriol that gets sent his way.
I would say the trolling of what he labels dumb Eels fans (or similar wording) came well before any good natured return fire (hardly vitriol) that deservedly goes his way. Read any match day thread after full-time to see how the cycle actually commences.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I understand what he’s saying. Regardless of what Hodgson is on, he’s been poor to ok and outplayed by hands. Plus he’s blocking the path of another player. Poo has argued Hodgson isn’t too old, and used hunt and cherry evans as an example.
Yet not long ago was saying we shouldn’t sign Moses as he’ll be old as the deal ends.
I was saying it would be better for us (not the player) if we were able to negotiate with him again at age 32 (as we did with Hodgson) rather than paying him at 34 based on his form at age 28.

Obviously the club knew how old he will be at the end of this latest contract, and that would've been a factor in negotiations. There's a good chance he will be on unders in the early years of the contract and overs down the back. But of course we'll never know for sure because we don't know the details of the contract.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Any coach with a clue understands the value of all the penalties not conceded. You obviously don't.
Yeah... that's deep man.

Unfortunately nothing to do with how a coach would logically tell a derp like Hodgson to maybe reduce the penalties (and extra tackles) he does give away to the opposition.

T.S Quint

Coach
I would say the trolling of what he labels dumb Eels fans (or similar wording) came well before any good natured return fire (hardly vitriol) that deservedly goes his way. Read any match day thread after full-time to see how the cycle actually commences.

I read those threads all the time.
It usually goes something like this:

Random Parra fan: "Player X is so shit. I can't believe he's even out there, he's reserve grade quality. BA is an idiot!"

Pou: "Actually if you look at these stats which I will gladly post for you it proves that he's a decent first grader."

Random Parra fan: "Shut up you f**king idiot, you don't know shit!"

Pou: "Well I've given you the stats to prove it, what have you got merkin?"

Random Parra fan: "I've got my eyes and I can see."

Pou: "Wel you're just as stupid as the rest of these idiots then."

Rinse and repeat.

IFR33K

Coach
No, I can predict his age.

Qld don't have to worry about the salary cap.

Maybe you need to stop misrepresenting my position. If you don't understand just ask politely for a clarification and I'll dumb it down even further for you. There's no need to be a smartarse.

no need to dumb anything down. But if you want to put something down, start with whatever you’re smoking.