What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hodgson

Pazza

First Grade
Why do people think Hopgood would make a competent hooker? And also lose what Hopgood can do competently for 20 minutes of his probable 40 minute capacity?
Start Hands, hope he can last 80 and have Jrthur on bench in case he can’t.
Drop Hodgson to NSW Cup, hope he relearns how to at least not be a game changing liability, if he does then maybe he can take Jrthur’s spot as emergency Hand cover.
Either way, tell Hodgson there is absolutely zero chance he plays NRL next year and strongly suggest he’s better off exploring a bit more cash in UK than taking up his option.

I don't think hopgood would make a good hooker but out of the players atm that don't play hooker hopgoods skill set and size most suit that position.

I think its a real tough ask for hands to play 80 week in week out at this stage of his developent. He wasn't even playing 80 at hooker at nsw cup level.

Hop playing 9 for the opening 20 is an idea to take the stress off hands and rid the team of hodgson.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
From what I’ve heard the biggest problem with Matty is his size, but he’s only 17 and got plenty of time to bulk up. Sounds like he can tackle with very good service.

It will be very exciting to see how quickly he is elevated into the top 30.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't think hopgood would make a good hooker but out of the players atm that don't play hooker hopgoods skill set and size most suit that position.

I think its a real tough ask for hands to play 80 week in week out at this stage of his developent. He wasn't even playing 80 at hooker at nsw cup level.

Hop playing 9 for the opening 20 is an idea to take the stress off hands and rid the team of hodgson.
Remember the Kenny Edwards Experience? Hopgood’s skill set and size aren’t suited to playing hooker. On top of that his biggest weakness, fitness, would be even more exposed by making him fill in at hooker.
Start Hands, hope he can play 80 but have someone on bench for final 20 or so if he can’t. Hands is our best hooker but he probably isn’t so far in front of others, especially fatigued, that having him on at the death is necessary

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Let's wait and see how we go against a more representative sample of the competition. So far we have beaten the bottom two teams, and played our other six games against the top half of the competition, including four of the top five in premiership betting. All while missing ten games from big money forwards. Despite all that we still have a positive points differential.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let's wait and see how we go against a more representative sample of the competition. So far we have beaten the bottom two teams, and played our other six games against the top half of the competition, including four of the top five in premiership betting. All while missing ten games from big money forwards. Despite all that we still have a positive points differential.
That's the positive so far our F/A is still in the green despite the below par start.

But those first 3 weeks will haunt us for the rest of the year playing catch up.

Should have won 2 of those at a minimum.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In 2020 we played in 11 games decided by 6 points or less, and we won nine of them. We were very lucky. So far this year we are 1 from 4 in games decided by 6 points or less. I wouldn't say it's especially unlucky. It is 50% plus/minus one game. But hopefully we have good luck for the rest of the season.

IFR33K

Coach
Remember the Kenny Edwards Experience? Hopgood’s skill set and size aren’t suited to playing hooker. On top of that his biggest weakness, fitness, would be even more exposed by making him fill in at hooker.
Start Hands, hope he can play 80 but have someone on bench for final 20 or so if he can’t. Hands is our best hooker but he probably isn’t so far in front of others, especially fatigued, that having him on at the death is necessary

If I’m not mistaken hopgood was a hooker in the juniors. I’m sure I’ve read that.

IFR33K

Coach
It was great seeing the little garden gnome play the worst game of his life last week. But We would be better with Mahoney than Hodgson. We would be better with 16 of the other starting Hookers than Hodgson.

Mate we’d be better with a genuine reserve grade hooker

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It is funny Ba did put Terepo,Stone and KE at hooker. Like he doesn't realise it is one of the most important positions in the game. Comical really.
His cut his teef at MelBun, where they had the greatest dummy half of all time. Shows how much the potato learned.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have no doubt at the time you supported the decision like you normally do.
It’s not why the premiers put 50 on us. It’s not like they targeted him in the line. They were just too good, and we shat ourselves. Edwards at hooker was a coincidence.

Latest posts