What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Hodgson

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah... that's deep man.

Unfortunately nothing to do with how a coach would logically tell a derp like Hodgson to maybe reduce the penalties (and extra tackles) he does give away to the opposition.
How the f**k would you know how a coach would do anything? You don't even understand why they make their decisions.

T.S Quint

Coach
I understand what he’s saying. Regardless of what Hodgson is on, he’s been poor to ok and outplayed by hands. Poo has argued Hodgson isn’t too old, and used hunt and cherry evans as an example.

I don't think you do understand what he's saying.
He's saying it's not Hodgson's age that's the problem (even though he doesn't think there is a problem, but that's another matter), it's his ability. You can be a good player at 34 as long as you have the ability (which personally I don't think he does).

Plus he’s blocking the path of another player.

Who?

Yet not long ago was saying we shouldn’t sign Moses as he’ll be old as the deal ends.

He wasn't saying we shouldn't sign him, he was saying we shouldn't sign him for such a long contract becaue he will most likely not be worth what we are paying by the end of it. If we were able to sign Moses to a two or even three year contract I think Pou would have been jumping for joy, but there wasn't much chance of that happening.

IFR33K

Coach
Testing the boundaries is what he brings to the team. In recent years we have been among the least penalised teams because we haven't tested the boundaries. This means we have left a lot of unpenalised grubby advantageous shit out on the field when we could have been reaping the benefits. Hodgson brings experience and footy IQ to this team. We are getting no value if we aren't using it.

if by experience and footy IQ you mean penalties, errors, missed tackles, shit kicks, poor options and just being slow, then I agree with you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
no need to dumb anything down. But if you want to put something down, start with whatever you’re smoking.
You mean my pipe?

GettyImages-610648922-1.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if by experience and footy IQ you mean penalties, errors, missed tackles, shit kicks, poor options and just being slow, then I agree with you.
I think T.Squint has proven that not everyone is smart enough to understand my posts, but also he doesn't have time to translate for the rest of you.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I read those threads all the time.
It usually goes something like this:

Random Parra fan: "Player X is so shit. I can't believe he's even out there, he's reserve grade quality. BA is an idiot!"

Pou: "Actually if you look at these stats which I will gladly post for you it proves that he's a decent first grader."

Random Parra fan: "Shut up you f**king idiot, you don't know shit!"

Pou: "Well I've given you the stats to prove it, what have you got merkin?"

Random Parra fan: "I've got my eyes and I can see."

Pou: "Wel you're just as stupid as the rest of these idiots then."

Rinse and repeat.
That's an interesting take on it. An alternate one would be:

During game...

Random Parra fans: [make posts and observations as they are watching the game]

Random Parra fans: [sometimes use the thread to vent or praise while they are supporting the team and experiencing the match]

Random Parra fans: [use these forums as conversation about footy, similar to how they would with fellow fans in person, just shooting the breeze not looking for an argument]

Post game...

Pou: [Without specific invitation, dredges up selective stats with the only apparent aim to be be contrary...]

Pou: [Continues ad nauseam - even posting things he doesn't actually believe - in the hope of sparking some argumentative exchanges to pass his time over the coming days...]

Most random Parra fans: [ignore the match day threads from 15mins after the game finishes]

Some random Parra fans: [choose to engage with Pou's posts on occasion, to show them up as the trolling that they are - and just to have a bit of sport with the guy to pass their time]

IFR33K

Coach
I think T.Squint has proven that not everyone is smart enough to understand my posts, but also he doesn't have time to translate for the rest of you.

Notice how last start Hodgson had a decent game. Off memory he defended well and kept it simple. Didn’t push the boundaries. Let’s hope he can actually play more of those types of games, and hands can come on and help close out the game.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Notice how last start Hodgson had a decent game. Off memory he defended well and kept it simple. Didn’t push the boundaries. Let’s hope he can actually play more of those types of games, and hands can come on and help close out the game.
From the 25-30minute mark

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
From what I can see, Pou is saying that he just doesn’t want to have Moses on contract for $1.2m when he is 34 years old because the chances of him being worth that much at that age are small.

He’s not saying that Moses definitely won’t be any good then, nor is he saying that Moses isn’t worth that much now. He might be happy to have Moses on. Smaller contract at that stage.

This doesn’t have much to do with Hodgson because he is on nowhere near as much as $1.2m a year. Pou thinks Hodgson offers value this year on his (probably) small contract. Most others don’t.
Sad when this has to be spelt out to deadshits.

yy_cheng

Coach
I was actually pissed when he did that grubber kick in traffic that went nowhere and his penalty he gave away

IFR33K

Coach
I don't think you do understand what he's saying.
He's saying it's not Hodgson's age that's the problem (even though he doesn't think there is a problem, but that's another matter), it's his ability. You can be a good player at 34 as long as you have the ability (which personally I don't think he does).

Who?

He wasn't saying we shouldn't sign him, he was saying we shouldn't sign him for such a long contract becaue he will most likely not be worth what we are paying by the end of it. If we were able to sign Moses to a two or even three year contract I think Pou would have been jumping for joy, but there wasn't much chance of that happening.

he’s only assuming. He may be right, he may be wrong.

what if Moses’ form continues to improve, even into his 30’s he becomes a more dominant player?

or what if in 2024 and 25 we go back to back taking out the title? Moses would deserve it imo.

IFR33K

Coach
I was actually pissed when he did that grubber kick in traffic that went nowhere and his penalty he gave away

Oh yeah I forgot about those. It was actually two penalties. He seemed to have an ok game after that start to the game.

but I guess us ‘deadshits’ need it dumbed down a little.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
he’s only assuming. He may be right, he may be wrong.

what if Moses’ form continues to improve, even into his 30’s he becomes a more dominant player?

or what if in 2024 and 25 we go back to back taking out the title? Moses would deserve it imo.

Of course he's assuming. No one knows how well Moses will be playing by that stage.
There's a chance Moses will be past his best by that stage and will be highly overpaid for the output he delivers. We will already have a more experienced Brown at the club on big money by then so take the higher percentage play and let another team sign Moses for the long. We can find another half who would probably be cheaper and use the money elsewhere in the team.

In saying this, I am happy we re-signed Moses and I think it's worth the risk to have him on the linger contract, but I can see where Pou is coming from.

T.S Quint

Coach

I was not impressed with the grubber, but I was even less impressed with the attempt to pick up the deflected ball from Simonsson. It made the grubber look worse than it was because we should have had possession back with a fresh set of tackles.

The first penalty he gave away was a bit bullshit I reckon. Hit his across the upper chest and his arm went over the shoulder. I didn't think it was worth a high tackle penalty.

The second penalty was just stupidity. Obviously raked the ball out for no reason. I think that led to their first try.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Of course he's assuming. No one knows how well Moses will be playing by that stage.
There's a chance Moses will be past his best by that stage and will be highly overpaid for the output he delivers. We will already have a more experienced Brown at the club on big money by then so take the higher percentage play and let another team sign Moses for the long. We can find another half who would probably be cheaper and use the money elsewhere in the team.

In saying this, I am happy we re-signed Moses and I think it's worth the risk to have him on the linger contract, but I can see where Pou is coming from.
You’re also not factoring in the likely increase in salary cap which reduces the proportion his salary takes up.