What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh McGuire

BBTB

Juniors
The "sting" in defence is exactly how we ended up with Moose & Fui on the sideline repeated times.

The big shot only leads to greater problems as we are heavily scrutinised and always will be.

If Fui wants to be a 1st grader (I'm not sure he is) best he develop his attacking skills and give the opposition "headaches" that way rather than trying to rattle them with bone jarring hits that go wrong.
Big shots are ok, but they need to zero in on the ball carrying arm.....stay away from the "head"..

Dragon David

First Grade
Big shots are ok, but they need to zero in on the ball carrying arm.....stay away from the "head"..
A lot of the problem is that tacklers try and hit around the chest area where the ball is more or less held to nullify off loads and maybe to jolt the ball out for a knock on, but many times the attacking player drops his head and therefore it gets in the way of the chest tackler and whammo - right on the head.

justadragon

Bench
The "sting" in defence is exactly how we ended up with Moose & Fui on the sideline repeated times.

The big shot only leads to greater problems as we are heavily scrutinised and always will be.

If Fui wants to be a 1st grader (I'm not sure he is) best he develop his attacking skills and give the opposition "headaches" that way rather than trying to rattle them with bone jarring hits that go wrong.
agree with you OT but lets not forget the last suspension was for a hip drop tackle, not some sort of big shot, of course if he was playing for the roosters then it would have been just an accident. So i wish him a massive comeback into the NRL and hope to see a grand performance from him

Dragon David

First Grade
agree with you OT but lets not forget the last suspension was for a hip drop tackle, not some sort of big shot, of course if he was playing for the roosters then it would have been just an accident. So i wish him a massive comeback into the NRL and hope to see a grand performance from him
Yes, fingers crossed. My thoughts about Fui are that he tries too hard in all facets of his game which lead him into making mistakes and mistimed tackles etc. He is all heart and both he and his sister are proud Red V players wanting to prove themselves.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Fui has definitely been target for refs and judiciary. I am not sure I’m in a majority here, but I thought his hit on paps was more a 10 mins in the bin. Compare it to the hit on rav4 last weekend, and I’m of the opinion that Tupao’s was worse. More time to plan, straight at the head without a dropping player. Only difference is fyi BD naturally more power and the heads of the two players are like the difference between al-foil and titanium ;)

thebigredv

First Grade
Fui has definitely been target for refs and judiciary. I am not sure I’m in a majority here, but I thought his hit on paps was more a 10 mins in the bin. Compare it to the hit on rav4 last weekend, and I’m of the opinion that Tupao’s was worse. More time to plan, straight at the head without a dropping player. Only difference is fyi BD naturally more power and the heads of the two players are like the difference between al-foil and titanium ;)

The hit on Papenhyuzen was not half as bad as it was made out to be. He was just the first to err after the new rules were put in place. I realise Papenhyuzen was out for some time after but if that happens in a game tonight it's a sin bin, I agree. If Rava had done what most players do and lay down, Tupou would have been binned eventually after some investigation. It's mostly theatrics.

The two late hits given to Su'a this year are disgraceful. If those are bins, then Cleanskin Tupou's was a send off. There is zero consistency, and YES, the bigger clubs often get the rub of the green.

justadragon

Bench
Yes, fingers crossed. My thoughts about Fui are that he tries too hard in all facets of his game which lead him into making mistakes and mistimed tackles etc. He is all heart and both he and his sister are proud Red V players wanting to prove themselves.
yep you are right Dave, I seem to recall a period for Fui last year where I think he may have been playing in the centers, and he was going great guns, then one thing led another and it all went pear shaped where yes he may have been trying too hard as well. Anyway lets hope on Sunday he just does his job for the team as I'm sure they have been training that way and he can cement a spot on the bench

justadragon

Bench
The hit on Papenhyuzen was not half as bad as it was made out to be. He was just the first to err after the new rules were put in place. I realise Papenhyuzen was out for some time after but if that happens in a game tonight it's a sin bin, I agree. If Rava had done what most players do and lay down, Tupou would have been binned eventually after some investigation. It's mostly theatrics.

The two late hits given to Su'a this year are disgraceful. If those are bins, then Cleanskin Tupou's was a send off. There is zero consistency, and YES, the bigger clubs often get the rub of the green.
yep absolutely spot on, you can also make a claim that the hip drop tackles made by fui and JWH were very similar, yet completely different outcomes for the offender,

Gareth67

First Grade
Unfortunately the rorters have a history of some very big name forwards who get away with blue bluudy murder and Hargreaves is one of them .

Does the name Adrian Morley ring a bell . The pommy street fighter was a renown head hunter , yet he always got off Scott-free .

I can only assume that Uncle Nick got his hands on the spare Joh Bjelki Peterson’s brown paper bags after he passed on . 🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
yep you are right Dave, I seem to recall a period for Fui last year where I think he may have been playing in the centers, and he was going great guns, then one thing led another and it all went pear shaped where yes he may have been trying too hard as well. Anyway lets hope on Sunday he just does his job for the team as I'm sure they have been training that way and he can cement a spot on the bench
Yes. With Su'a gone for an extended period, we are back to where we were without him. So we need a guy like Fui to really step up and deliver. Fingers crossed for him.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
When Fui hit Pap McGuire was in the bin and Fui was desperate to shut down the backline movement. Having said that the tackle looked pretty bad.

On the other hand, I think his 5 weeks suspension for the tackle on the Eels winger was really tough. It took no account of Dunster continuing to struggle which I thought changed the nature of the tackle.

I bumped into Fui down at the beachfront at Wollongong a couple of days before his return to NSW Cup. He admitted being unsure of exactly what he'd done wrong in that tackle. At the time he was relaxing with Josh Kerr and Jayden Hunt. Like the other two Fui was softly spoken and humble and happy to give me some time. I am hoping for a good game from him on Sunday.

Dragon David

First Grade
yep absolutely spot on, you can also make a claim that the hip drop tackles made by fui and JWH were very similar, yet completely different outcomes for the offender,
getsmarty has put up a post in the judiciary thread in which Fui talks about the inconsistencies in the outcomes of judgement regarding the hip drop (sounds like a cool dance) and Fui is 100% right with what he said in my opinion.

Dragon David

First Grade
Unfortunately the rorters have a history of some very big name forwards who get away with blue bluudy murder and Hargreaves is one of them .

Does the name Adrian Morley ring a bell . The pommy street fighter was a renown head hunter , yet he always got off Scott-free .

I can only assume that Uncle Nick got his hands on the spare Joh Bjelki Peterson’s brown paper bags after he passed on . 🤔
Gee I'd like for someone from the Roosters who has been hard done by squeal about the goings on with the club. There just has to be some shenanigans going on in that compound.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Paps was out for 10 weeks, so 10 in the bin only.....Nah

Gareth67

First Grade
A nice article which will certainly raise a few eyebrows , perhaps more so about turning to the drink as a result of the character assassinations by our ever fair minded media leeches .

It is most pleasing to see the man knuckle down to the task , reduce his playing weight , cut out the biff and as a result become a true leader in the Dragons team .

Well done Josh and keep up the good work .

What a shame that the article was written in a English newspaper and not a Australian one .

Dragon David

First Grade
A nice article which will certainly raise a few eyebrows , perhaps more so about turning to the drink as a result of the character assassinations by our ever fair minded media leeches .

It is most pleasing to see the man knuckle down to the task , reduce his playing weight , cut out the biff and as a result become a true leader in the Dragons team .

Well done Josh and keep up the good work .

What a shame that the article was written in a English newspaper and not a Australian one .
Just as this article was written in a UK paper (Daily Mail - owned by Daily Mail and General Trust), Fui's was written in a Shepparton News paper (owned by McPherson Media Group) as if they don't trust the Murdoch and Fairfax press which I am all in favour of. Guys like Weidler show too much bias in my opinion. Whatever you do Dragons, don't give any scoop to Weidler the fiddler, the weasel.