What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh McGuire

Gareth67

First Grade
Like all things Corey, what appeared possible turned out to be the exact opposite of the actual. For some reason I can‘t help feeling sympathetic.

To be quite honest so did I , the look on his face echoed the man’s feelings . He seemed to be in the phase of actually about to let the pig skin fly , but then realized that it went straight out of his hands . Poor bloke .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unfortunately McGuire is a liability....has far to much loading with the judiciary to be of any benefit for us moving forward....is a risky proposition every time hes on the field.....not just for the amount of time hes suspended but the fact he could cost us games with 10 in the bin leaving us short a player....

Mojo

Bench
The interpretation of the rules is killing this bloke and many other players

Attackers stumbling into tackles and somehow the defender must in a split second adjust or be binned or suspended

have no problem for any penalty given to guys who take someone’s head off whilst running upright.

Defenders shouldn’t be victimised for mere accidents
Totally agree. It's not only penalties for incidents that are simply accidental, sometimes penalties are given for what used to be considered excellent, hard defence. Plus some rules that are encouraging milking: players staying down until a replay happens, turning in tackles, gazing at the ref with a hurt puppy expression. Just once I'd love to see someone get sin-binned for being a BS artist (as long as it's an opposition player).

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
I know they did it to Cameron Myth but they waited until he did something wrong. I wish they sent him off, just once, just for being a dick.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s most unfortunate that Josh seems to have that nervous twitch in his arms that is the cause of his troubles, that and the fact he is such a good looking fella . I notice that the refs are not as severe with those ugly brutes playing the game . 🤔

Maddragon99

Juniors
This business of Sims being moved on still bothers me. If we want to move on anyone it should be McGuire. He was suspended for 7wks this year & is already suspended for 5wks to start ‘22.

Moose plays with heart but his suspension record is just unworkable.

denis preston

First Grade
This business of Sims being moved on still bothers me. If we want to move on anyone it should be McGuire. He was suspended for 7wks this year & is already suspended for 5wks to start ‘22.

Moose plays with heart but his suspension record is just unworkable.
It is not good is it. 5 weeks to start and it would be very very optimistic to believe he curbs his ways that he won't serve another 5 weeks during the season. 10 weeks out must be very frustrating for the club as they are still paying for him to get splinters. This is a challenge for the coaches and they must get it right as the refs will be targeting him for sure. Disappointing as he is one of the few forwards that has a reasonable post contact metre count and all his good points may diminish just to go through the motions to stay on the field.

blacksafake

First Grade
It is not good is it. 5 weeks to start and it would be very very optimistic to believe he curbs his ways that he won't serve another 5 weeks during the season. 10 weeks out must be very frustrating for the club as they are still paying for him to get splinters. This is a challenge for the coaches and they must get it right as the refs will be targeting him for sure. Disappointing as he is one of the few forwards that has a reasonable post contact metre count and all his good points may diminish just to go through the motions to stay on the field.
All true but I think he’s been unlucky in some of the suspensions with players falling into him at times.
Unfortunately the carry over points are the issues which applies to all players.
Maybe cases should be judged on their merits by abolishing carry over points.
I don’t think he’s the type of player who’ll go into his shell so we can expect him to play his natural game.