What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Reynolds milking

Spot On

Coach
Twice in the last year Josh Reynolds has milked penalties beyond belief to win his team the game. Last year v manly at brookvale with his self spear tackle and today falling over himself whilst trying to get up despite Tompkins not touching him.

I'm all for a bit of gamesmanship, but surely the referees aren't this dumb. I thought they had 'tip sheets' on players, wouldn't Reynolds read 'will constantly try to milk penalties, just ignore'?

It will come back to bite him, no doubt. Let's just hope it isn't for NSW, with the series at 1 all, 5 mins from full time in game 3 and he tries one of his specials only to have the ref, who is totally aware of his shenanigans, blow a penalty against him gifting QLD yet another series.

It's f**king sure to happen at the worst possible time.

AMD

Juniors
Watching in real time i first thought penalty, the initial call of knock on didn't bother me though since those things can be 50/50. It was painful to watch Cummins change his mind, especially since replays pretty much showed Reynolds milking it. In saying that, not really understanding all the hate for Reynolds here, you see penalties given for almost identical scenarios pretty much every weekend from numerous players. Its just a shame that its part of our game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don't blame Reynolds at all, if it was a tigers player I'd love it.

It's the referees fault for awarding it.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't even be bothered getting angry with it really.

I hate milking, and no matter how many times you hear the refs say "don't milk it, don't milk it" in general play you know that at some point they're going to fall for it.

Dogs have always been very good at it, I hardly find it surprising.

oikee

Juniors
They should have a test for mental geniusation when you register. Tore them a new one? The dogs only took the lead in the last few minutes from a bullshit penalty

Cue the excuses, a win is a win, is a win.
Warriors dont know how to win.
They know how to lose, moon doggy, let the geniuss rule.

There is a reason his nickname is grub and that he manages to keep the nickname when he plays with Michael Ennis. Not in the top group of talented 5/8s so he has the rubbish in his game to compensate. I guess it is working for him so he may as well keep it up.

Danish

Referee
Reynolds is a pathetic human, so you cant really be surprised by it.

I'm sure all the dogs fans that will defend him stood and applaauded Soward's gamesmanship that cost them a game at Kogarah back in 2009

ek999

First Grade
A couple of line breaks, a couple of line break assists and an assist in every try. Yeah real shit player

Cammo

Bench
Reynolds is a pathetic human, so you cant really be surprised by it.

I'm sure all the dogs fans that will defend him stood and applaauded Soward's gamesmanship that cost them a game at Kogarah back in 2009

Wait, are you saying fans of a Football club are biased????

No, surely that can't be. There needs to be an investigation!!!!!

bor

Juniors
At least he has great company in Ennis. Absolutely pathetic to see it rewarded again.

Cammo

Bench
Sorry mate, read it again. Never called them pathetic, the decision to give a penalty was.

Not you in particular mate, but Danish definitely called Reynolds a pathetic human as have many said of Ennis as well

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think who they are as people should be separated from who they are in general.

That being said, on the field they're two of the least likeable players going around. Can understand Dogs fans defending them though. I remember watching Maloney play for the Warriors and some of the shit he would pull and think to myself "I'd probably hate him if he wasn't playing for my team."