What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Reynolds milking

Cheops

Juniors
To be honest, the decision that really annoyed me the most was Hurrell not getting the penalty when he was hit high. Whether I like it or not, every little tap on the head has been a penalty for a few years at least if a player stays down including one against us on John Morris last week. Hurrell gets hit straight in the head, the video refs have 2 or 3 looks at it and for some reason decide it's ok today. It didn't matter in the end because the dogs dropped it about 3 tackles later but that's not the point.

ek999

First Grade
To be honest, the decision that really annoyed me the most was Hurrell not getting the penalty when he was hit high. Whether I like it or not, every little tap on the head has been a penalty for a few years at least if a player stays down including one against us on John Morris last week. Hurrell gets hit straight in the head, the video refs have 2 or 3 looks at it and for some reason decide it's ok today. It didn't matter in the end because the dogs dropped it about 3 tackles later but that's not the point.

The way I understand it works is it can only be penalised after a video ref review if they deem it worthy of going on report. In this very rare case they decided it wasn't worthy

bottle

Coach
I thought oinkee doinkee said he wasn't posting in here anymore.
I smell someone's pants burning.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The way I understand it works is it can only be penalised after a video ref review if they deem it worthy of going on report. In this very rare case they decided it wasn't worthy

Surely that can't be right. In other games there's been borderline shoulder tackles that slipped up and were still penalised after the video ref had a look.

Considering how irrelevant putting a player on report is when the match review look at everything anyway I'd be surprised if this was the case. Not saying you're wrong, I don't know, it would just be illogical to me if that was the case.

Cheops

Juniors

I would be happy if they didn't pull up soft ones on review like the one today as long as they are consistent. But they've been pulling up every little lovetap for a few years now except that one.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah I agree. I was surprised it wasn't a penalty. Ironically it was a correct decision

Perce

Juniors
I'm no Josh Reynolds fan but a penalty is a penalty is a penalty. It either is or isn't. Faking an injury doesn't make something less of a penalty. I don't see that as cheating. Exaggerating the affect of a genuine wrongdoing is not the same as pretending something happened that didn't.

Hmm. Except it wasn't a penalty, because Tomkins was not touching him at the time he spilled the ball - and there was no injury or faking of an injury. I'm assuming you didn't see the incident and decided to guess.

Cammo

Bench
At the end of the day he milked a penalty, nothing we haven't seen forever in any sport.

The blame needs to go to officials who fall for it, not players for trying to earn their side an advantage

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
If anyone actually watched properly Tomkins locks his legs around Reynolds leg. That was what the penalty was for.

Apey

Staff member
If anyone actually watched properly Tomkins locks his legs around Reynolds leg. That was what the penalty was for.

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain if a player holds his hands up in the air he is innocent.

Packy

Bench
If you don't want to give the penalty get out of the f**kin ruck. Simple. This is the 100th penalty this year for this sort of thing and you cry over this one?

JoeD

First Grade
Can anyone clarify when a ref can change his mind and when a video ref can intervene?

Reynolds is easily my most hated player ever. Lacks sportsmanship.
Milking is a blight on the great game.
Wake the f**k up referees and NRL and get tough on milking.

Latest posts