What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT is about to be on Fox

parra pete said:
Cross the bridge when you arrive at it.... Take the time to smell the roses.
Ob la di, ob la dah. Life goes on..or Que Sera Que Sera..whatever will be will be. There is NO indespensable man. One door shuts another opens....
JT is enjoying success at the moment. He's got some good talent to work with too.
Don't be a pessimist. Life is too short to sweat what MIGHT occur. The worst fears in life are the imagined ones, 99% of which NEVER happen.

:clap: you are a wise man.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Well would you be happy to be letting go Jared Hayne to sign Daniel Fitzhenry?

Seems similar to me we are leting go the new most talented prospect in coaching to sign a guy who yeah won a premiership, but his team could have won it wiithout him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
Well would you be happy to be letting go Jared Hayne to sign Daniel Fitzhenry?

Seems similar to me we are leting go the new most talented prospect in coaching to sign a guy who yeah won a premiership, but his team could have won it wiithout him.

that's an absolutely ridiculous comparason..

The "Hagan is a sh*t coach" arguement falls by the way side the moment the best player in the world rates him highly. I don't buy into it.

The Colonel

Immortal
JT has the same team that Brian Smith had at the start of the year performing well. This is the same team that Brian took to the minor premiership. The difference - a happier side with out all the frustrations from the start of the season. It hasn't been a genius move by JT to acheive this - all he has done is worked hard to bring back the harmony amongst the players that was there last season that wasn't there at the start of this year. The frustrations caused either directly or indirectly by the board not wanting to extend Smiths contract beyond next year are gone and the players are playing to their potential.

You are all quick to criticise Hagan when he hasn't done anything here yet. Most of you would still find something to whinge about if Jack Gibson was coach....

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
Yeah thats the bloke. Ended up being coach at Tigers and a sidekick for Rex Mossop..(i think)

you mean Barry Ross???? :lol: :lol:

they deadset hated each other..but than again Mossop didn't get on with any poor fool who worked with him.

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Jack was replaced by Anderson (can't recall his first name) at Souths..in the late seventies
Actually, if I recall correctly, it was in the 80's and Jack quit Souths in protest because they sacked his 3rd grade coach ---- Brian Smith :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
Actually, if I recall correctly, it was in the 80's and Jack quit Souths in protest because they sacked his 3rd grade coach ---- Brian Smith :lol: :lol:

funny that!!...considering Smithy was the third grade coach at Souths when they beat us in the grand final 1981..;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
funny that!!...considering Smithy was the third grade coach at Souths when they beat us in the grand final 1981..;-)
Wasn't having a go at Smith mate, was just laughing at the irony of it all, big Jack resigning over losing B Smith. :crazy:

parra pete

Referee
Once again Crazy, you are spot on......
But I'm pretty sure Bill Anderson did work with Rex and Barry Ross. (Barry was a teacher at Hurlstone Ag College if my fading memory serves me correct)

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
Wasn't having a go at Smith mate, was just laughing at the irony of it all, big Jack resigning over losing B Smith. :crazy:

yeah i know..don't worry. ;-)

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Once again Crazy, you are spot on......
But I'm pretty sure Bill Anderson did work with Rex and Barry Ross. (Barry was a teacher at Hurlstone Ag College if my fading memory serves me correct)
Again, if memory serves me correct, Bill worked with Ray Warren on the mid week cup and later with Ray and Rex on weekends when Rex moved to ch 10 when they got the weekend rights.

Stagger eel

Staff member
classic commentary in the 1982 Grand Final..

RM: Neil Hunt has gone over in the corner...

BR: The touch judge has fallen over!!!

RM: did he allow the try????

BR: Yes..but he fell over..

RM: That's not important...I don't care if he fell over..

Rexy was mighty pissed off at that point....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Redback71

First Grade
Woe is us...The sky is gonna fall in now premiership winning coach Michael Hagan has been placed in charge...
How could we let that happen???????
Talk about pessimism. Look for positives and worry about things that are happening, not may happen....Those kids are all locked up for another three years.

well isnt the fact we lost half our squad and signed nobody a case for pessimism.

like what do players actually think of hagan as a coach? when was the last time the knights signed a descent player? cant be because so much of the cap is tied up in johns and buderus. now that smith is there you wait and see the the quality players the knights sign next year compared to what the eels sign during hagans 3 year reign of terror.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Redback71 said:
well isnt the fact we lost half our squad and signed nobody a case for pessimism.

like what do players actually think of hagan as a coach? when was the last time the knights signed a descent player? cant be because so much of the cap is tied up in johns and buderus. now that smith is there you wait and see the the quality players the knights sign next year compared to what the eels sign during hagans 3 year reign of terror.

name me a player that the knights have signed for next year??

one thing you need to understand is that Parramatta isn't the only club going through this looke at Newcastle, North Queensland, Cronulla, Canberra, Penrith and the Roosters.

parra pete

Referee
Redback71 said:

No, Brian, there is NEVER a case for pessimism
"Always look on the bright side of life" :whistle :whistle

Or as Mick Jaggar wrote, "You can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need".or
"Be careful what you pray for, you just might get it.. "Paul Kelly.

The Colonel

Immortal
Redback71 said:

Considering we have managed to keep the majority of the juniors that everyone wanted to keep probably not.

like what do players actually think of hagan as a coach?
Johns rates him highly as do most of the rest of the team.

when was the last time the knights signed a descent player?

Name me five marquee signings (big name signings - not fringe first graders or fading stars)the Knights have made in the history of their club as opposed to just when Hagan has been coach. They have rarely ventured into the market....