What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT is about to be on Fox

MrT

Juniors
Everyone wanted him but Fitzgerald. What's the hardest to swallow is that he was our and we let him go, it's not like we chased him and missed out, we showed him the door.

Just be afraid if Hagan fails and the good young players coming through follow Taylor to Souths eventually. I mean Tim Smith, Jarryd Hayne, Inu.

Wouldn't surprise me. These will be the first players Souths will target one JT becomes coach

Eelectrica

Referee
Only other thing I can think of that JT said is that Hayne will be a great fullback in the future.
Reason he is on the wing now is because their is less work to be done on the wing, but indicated in a couple of years time will be ready for fullback.

strider

Post Whore
Eelectrica said:
Only other thing I can think of that JT said is that Hayne will be a great fullback in the future.
Reason he is on the wing now is because their is less work to be done on the wing, but indicated in a couple of years time will be ready for fullback.
oh yeah ... that too ... i was surprised he said he felt he should maybe be on the wing for another season and maybe reddy at fullback cos reddy has played well every time he's played nrl .... and the panel asked him if hayne will play fullback next yr and he said - i don't know i won't be there

Utey

Coach
I can say one thing for sure, if Hages doesnt produces the fans will want blood!

JT is very genuine but I think we are moving in the right direction to appoint someone new with no Brian Smith influence.

parra pete

Referee
MrT said:
Everyone wanted him but Fitzgerald. What's the hardest to swallow is that he was our and we let him go, it's not like we chased him and missed out, we showed him the door.

Just be afraid if Hagan fails and the good young players coming through follow Taylor to Souths eventually. I mean Tim Smith, Jarryd Hayne, Inu.

Wouldn't surprise me. These will be the first players Souths will target one JT becomes coach

Woe is us...The sky is gonna fall in now premiership winning coach Michael Hagan has been placed in charge...
How could we let that happen???????
Talk about pessimism. Look for positives and worry about things that are happening, not may happen....Those kids are all locked up for another three years.

MrT

Juniors
parra pete said:
Woe is us...The sky is gonna fall in now premiership winning coach Michael Hagan has been placed in charge...
How could we let that happen???????
Talk about pessimism. Look for positives and worry about things that are happening, not may happen....Those kids are all locked up for another three years.

Premiership winning coach....Brian Smith would have won 5 premierships with Johns and Buderus in his side.

How good did the Knights look on Sat night. Name me a player at Knights that hagan has a had a DIRECT positive influence on their careers.

I can say JT has had a few.

I really Hope Hagan succeeds, not for him, but for my Eels

MrT

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
I can say one thing for sure, if Hages doesnt produces the fans will want blood!

JT is very genuine but I think we are moving in the right direction to appoint someone new with no Brian Smith influence.

Gee I'm sick of hearing this, "no Brian Smith influence". What on Earth are you people talking about. Do you honestly think that JT does everything like BS. Well he doesn't, he has a mind of his own. It's not like BS is his father and he was coached throughout his whole career by the man. JT has a great brain for the game, he was never strong or fast but was a very good player.

I have a feeling he would have become very successful at Parra, now it will happen elsewhere.

As for Hagan, I don't believe he's better than BS. Time will tell

Utey

Coach
I am a big big fan of Smithy, that was not said in spite!!! Just to make it clear.

I would have loved for JT to stay but when players came out suggesting he be given the head coaching spot, Fitzy had no choice really? You cant have players playing for Hages but really spiteful about JT missing out on the top job.

I think a player cleanout, a new coach will install a new type of culture into the club. Its all coming into player. Whether it was the right decision or not who knows until next season...

parra pete

Referee
MrT said:
Premiership winning coach....Brian Smith would have won 5 premierships with Johns and Buderus in his side.

How good did the Knights look on Sat night. Name me a player at Knights that hagan has a had a DIRECT positive influence on their careers.

I can say JT has had a few.

I really Hope Hagan succeeds, not for him, but for my Eels

Cross the bridge when you arrive at it.... Take the time to smell the roses.
Ob la di, ob la dah. Life goes on..or Que Sera Que Sera..whatever will be will be. There is NO indespensable man. One door shuts another opens....
JT is enjoying success at the moment. He's got some good talent to work with too.
Don't be a pessimist. Life is too short to sweat what MIGHT occur. The worst fears in life are the imagined ones, 99% of which NEVER happen.

btaag

Juniors
Time WILL tell, I only hope the whole Hagen/Taylor issue does not work out like a reverse Paul Roo's Terry Wallace situation where the "stand-in" coach turns out to be a great full-timer........in our case (unlike the Swans) we have let the part timer go.....

Hagen has a good track record, yet also has something to prove. If I were him I would be sick of all the talk that he cannot win a game without Johns, and I hope he has a positive effect on the players.

The way I see it, if a Smith-taught coach like Taylor can have such a positive effect on the players, a popular, experienced coach like Hagen will have an even bigger impact.

BD5733

Juniors
Yeah, JT is the greatest coach of all time because he won a couple of games.

Michael Hagan is hopeless because he won a premiership, but it was only because he had Andrew Johns.

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

MrT

Juniors
btaag said:
Time WILL tell, I only hope the whole Hagen/Taylor issue does not work out like a reverse Paul Roo's Terry Wallace situation where the "stand-in" coach turns out to be a great full-timer........in our case (unlike the Swans) we have let the part timer go.....

Hagen has a good track record, yet also has something to prove. If I were him I would be sick of all the talk that he cannot win a game without Johns, and I hope he has a positive effect on the players.

The way I see it, if a Smith-taught coach like Taylor can have such a positive effect on the players, a popular, experienced coach like Hagen will have an even bigger impact.

Hagan couldn't be that good, you can't even spell his name

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Smith never won us a premership, Taylor was Smiths understudy......too much of a risk if there objective is to win a premiership!

Taylor has done well, but realistically he has got an underperforming team, performing to there normal levels! And in all honesty...Hagan will do this aswell!
What remians to be seen is if he can get us to a premiership force....and with how signings are going....i think he cant next yr!

Nikki

Coach
Hellsy said:
So for those of us that don't have FOXTEL... can someone please explain what was said??

The jist of it was that Hagan didn't call... Don't you just hate it when guys do that :roll: :lol: