What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT is about to be on Fox

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
one thing you need to understand is that Parramatta isn't the only club going through this looke at Newcastle, North Queensland, Cronulla, Canberra, Penrith and the Roosters.

Exactly right. Check the forum of the majority of the others who haven't signed a name player and the same arguments about their management is being made. Keeping who we have may well prove to be more important than signing a heap of players.

Stagger eel

Staff member
you can probably add Manly to the mix as their major signing came from England and it's well documeted why he went there.

Saints have signed Woolford and McDougall and have lost Greenshields, Best, Bailey, Barrett and Timmins.

The Dogs have lost the best frontrower and the most promising backrower of the game and have gained Darryl Millard.

the only big winners out of the cap increase and the introduction of the titens are Souths and the Titens themselves.

CrazyEel

Bench
The Colonel said:
Keeping who we have may well prove to be more important than signing a heap of players.
So true that, once the dragons forwards resigned, we already have as good as anything that was available anyway.

Besides, what's the point of doom and gloom, the world will end next year anyway :sarcasm:

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
So true that, once the dragons forwards resigned, we already have as good as anything that was available anyway.

Besides, what's the point of doom and gloom, the world will end next year anyway :sarcasm:

I meant to ask you, how is that religious cult you joined earlier this year??

parra pete

Referee
Crazy, you are probably pretty close to the point, given the episodes at present in India, Iraq, Middle East, Timor...
Football then will take a back seat..and who cares who we sign.
Who was it that said ....."I don't know what weapons World War Three will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with stones."

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Crazy, you are probably pretty close to the point, given the episodes at present in India, Iraq, Middle East, Timor...
Football then will take a back seat..and who cares who we sign.
Who was it that said ....."I don't know what weapons World War Three will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with stones."
Do't know about all that Pete, that's just for the pessimists to worry about. Me, I'm just looking forward to the footy next year :D

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember Billy Andresen.

Gee we really do have some old codgers (sp?) here !! hahahahhahaha..

CrazyEel

Bench
yy_cheng said:
I remember Billy Andresen.

Gee we really do have some old codgers (sp?) here !! hahahahhahaha..
Cheeky bugger, you vaguely remember Billy Anderson and I clearly remember watching Ken Thornett strut his stuff on ole cumberland oval. :lol: :lol: :lol:

parra pete

Referee
CrazyEel said:
Do't know about all that Pete, that's just for the pessimists to worry about. Me, I'm just looking forward to the footy next year :D

:lol: me too.....I was just given em something else to worry about. As Joke (oops I mean Joh) Bjelke Petersen used to say 'feeding the chooks' :lol:

parra pete

Referee
CrazyEel said:
Cheeky bugger, you vaguely remember Billy Anderson and I clearly remember watching Ken Thornett strut his stuff on ole cumberland oval. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of Ken, he is not too good at the moment. He had a tree fall on him on his property in Orange and was in hospital at Westmead.

Now there was a footballer. My ALL TIME favorite Parramatta player....God, as he was known to me and my mates.....

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
:lol: me too.....I was just given em something else to wory about. As Joke (oops I mean Joh) Bjelke Petersen used to say 'feeding the chooks' :lol:
I know mate, some seem to have the ability to worry about not having anything to worry about ;-)
Better to worry about the world coming to an end :lol: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
Speaking of Ken, he is not too good at the moment. He had a tree fall on him on his property in Orange and was in hospital at Westmead.

Got any news on that pete?

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:
Oh, hadn't heard that, hope he is doing ok now!

parra pete said:
Now there was a footballer. My ALL TIME favorite Parramatta player....God, as he was known to me and my mates.....
Same here, in 62 when he was on loan from Leeds we won all 8 (?) games with him and not a single one without him.... nuff said. :(

parra pete

Referee
No I haven't heard any more about Ken. I just heard he was in a bad way.
Crazy..we tried to replace Ken with Brian Cox, Clive Crawley, Keith Griffiths, Roger Ludkin...there's some names for a Blast from the Past.
The Parra team was beaten by Wests in the semi final in 62 with Gil MacDougall, father of Adam, scoring both tries...

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
No I haven't heard any more about Ken. I just heard he was in a bad way.
Crazy..we tried to replace Ken with Brian Cox, Clive Crawley, Keith Griffiths, Roger Ludkin...there's some names for a Blast from the Past.
The Parra team was beaten by Wests in the semi final in 62 with Gil MacDougall, father of Adam, scoring both tries...

Was around six weeks ago. Has returned home and all is well. ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Great news. Thanks Colonel. Was he at the reunion?
I mentioned Ken's accident to John Peard in Brisbane and he hadn't heard about it. John did tell me however that the great Jack Gibson is in a nursing home in the Shire.

The Colonel

Immortal
No idea if he was at the reunion but going on past years if he is fit enough he would have been there.

Not surprised to hear that about Big Jack. His health has been deteriorating fairly quickly.

Latest posts