What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

Lebbo73

Bench
I’m
Not disagreeing with that. You implied nrl360 disagreed with judiciary. They didn’t.
No, I implied that NRL 360 disagreed with big players being missing for big games for tripping and pulling hair. Grubby acts.

Delboy

First Grade
Quoted for truth. Sam has more of a clue in his bashed up head than all those idiots at NRL HQ combined.
Personally , still confused why Kane Evans got suspended for,being taller than the person he tackled and received the same punishment as Marty Tapau and a swinging arm. They really need to do some corrective surgery on the MRC and judiciary panel, it's pretty close to broken.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Softgraves is a grub and deserved what he got. Hopefully he doesn’t get to play again this year. Always the 3rd player in a tackle is afraid to go in on his own. His lack of courage make him revert to cheap shots and foul play.

lazza

Juniors
What is worse? Which may have caused an injury to an opponent which is the point of the suspension system:

- Smiths wingnut which led to a letter
- Kaufusi shot on hodgesons liver while someone holding him up
- burgess pulling hair
- jwh attempted trip

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
What is worse? Which may have caused an injury to an opponent which is the point of the suspension system:

- burgess pulling hair
- jwh attempted trip
Didn't they call these prowler tackles and ban them? I've seen a few this year but they seem to be a-ok with the refs now.

TheFrog

Coach
They are too busy trying to sanitise the game to appeal to those that will never watch it anyway.
They don't watch it but they can cause the game grief if it does not ensure the game is as safe to play as is reasonably possible, and that means tripping is not allowed. Your bloke knows the rules better than anyone.

ReddFelon

Juniors
I could do without media input on the judiciary process in general. I still hold the endless whining in the RL media responsible for the state of today's game adjudication. Referees used to send guys off and bin players without any hassle. Endless media harassment has given us the current situation where refs are terrified to penalise. The judiciary is just another aspect, foul play will be sorted with fines and suspensions. "Oh but maybe different rules for finals", no, shut up Gould.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

- burgess pulling hair
- jwh attempted trip
I have no idea where you got the idea the point of the system is about injuries.

The point of the system is to penalise play which falls outside the rules of the game.

Tripping is outside the rules of the game.
Hair pulling is outside the rules of the game (contrary conduct).

The players who most recently committed these acts had a litany of charges throughout the season which rendered them unable to receive a fine for their minor charges, then with loading they were subject to a suspension.

It's pretty simple as Danish has indicated, don't be a peanut and you won't get suspended.

skeepe

Immortal

- burgess pulling hair
- jwh attempted trip

It was his kidneys, and this is a Storm tactic. Two blokes hold the ball carrier up, leave his back exposed for a third player to hit him in the kidneys as hard as possible.

It’s f**king dangerous and if not outside the rules, it should be.

I have no problems with smashing someone in the ribs or whatever if they’re open - been part of the game forever. But this hitting in the back nonsense the Storm are doing is just a dog act, plain and simple.

SDM

First Grade
It was his kidneys, and this is a Storm tactic. Two blokes hold the ball carrier up, leave his back exposed for a third player to hit him in the kidneys as hard as possible.

It’s f**king dangerous and if not outside the rules, it should be.

I have no problems with smashing someone in the ribs or whatever if they’re open - been part of the game forever. But this hitting in the back nonsense the Storm are doing is just a dog act, plain and simple.
I agree, it is a dog act, but at the moment, it is only outside the rules if the third player hits below the knee

yobbo84

First Grade

The game has completely lost the plot. Seriously - if someone can possibly point me to anything Burgess said that would warrant this, I'm all ears

I don't see how it's any different to Trent Robinson claiming trial by media, or James Graham calling for the judiciary to be scrapped over ridiculous inconsistencies.

Danish

Referee

The game has completely lost the plot. Seriously - if someone can possibly point me to anything Burgess said that would warrant this, I'm all ears

I don't see how it's any different to Trent Robinson claiming trial by media, or James Graham calling for the judiciary to be scrapped over ridiculous inconsistencies.

If I’m splitting hairs, I’d say that Robbo’s venom was aimed at the media, Graham was only claiming inconsistencies with rulings, while Sam actually questioned the judiciary’s integrity by labelling it a kangaroo court.

That’s the clear difference I’d say.

However, I don’t really see that the NRL needs to do anything about it. Burgess let off some steam and personally I think a lot of it was him fed up with constant media hounding him about it. Greenberg turning into a full on storyline with this stupid meeting is just making it even more of a distraction from the actual game.

If I were Souths, I’d tell burgess not to go then call toddy and tell him to f**k off. What’s he gonna do? Suspend Sam? Ridiculous

yobbo84

First Grade
If I’m splitting hairs, I’d say that Robbo’s venom was aimed at the media, Graham was only claiming inconsistencies with rulings, while Sam actually questioned the judiciary’s integrity by labelling it a kangaroo court.

That’s the clear difference I’d say.

However, I don’t really see that the NRL needs to do anything about it. Burgess let off some steam and personally I think a lot of it was him fed up with constant media hounding him about it. Greenberg turning into a full on storyline with this stupid meeting is just making it even more of a distraction from the actual game.

If I were Souths, I’d tell burgess not to go then call toddy and tell him to f**k off. What’s he gonna do? Suspend Sam? Ridiculous
Yeah fair enough. I'd be more than happy if my club told the NRL to piss off.

Springs09

Juniors
I agree, it is a dog act, but at the moment, it is only outside the rules if the third player hits below the knee

Wasn't something done about this ages ago when a Roosters player broke Craig Wing's ribs with a dog shot to his exposed back?

Latest posts