What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Chewme - No, but I am a lawyer.

CrazyEel - Okay. My bad for being touchy. All I was saying was that a good lawyer could cast enough doubt on the veracity of the evidence, and what they reveal about Johns' intention, to make it very difficult for the NRL to suspend him.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
to say your grip on the paul harrigan thrown has been loosened would be an understatement

Hahahahahaha! Thrown... That's great. Drewy, you're not the shiniest apple in the barrel.

mickdo

Coach
ShadesOfTheSun said:
All I was saying was that a good lawyer could cast enough doubt on the veracity of the evidence, and what they reveal about Johns' intention, to make it very difficult for the NRL to suspend him.
I doubt it, but I guess we will see.

CrazyEel

Bench
ShadesOfTheSun said:
Chewme - No, but I am a lawyer.

CrazyEel - Okay. My bad for being touchy. All I was saying was that a good lawyer could cast enough doubt on the veracity of the evidence, and what they reveal about Johns' intention, to make it very difficult for the NRL to suspend him.
Well this is where we disagree :D
The judiciary can, if they so choose and have a mindset to do so, which in this particular case I believe they will, find those remarks were, in all probability, directed at a match official regardless of what evidence a good lawyer may produce. Judicary members are not 'legal' officers and those are the 'rules' of interpretation of probability under which the judiciary operates. There have been numerous past inconsistent decisions that would never have stood in any "legal" environment.

BWNB

First Grade
Deserves all he gets, he is the face of rugby league and we can't have him going off like that. I think the job should be handed to Brett Kimmorley or Matt Orford ( the other Two halfs)

For anyone who has given Johns a serve here then you are kidding yourselves.ANY TEAM in that situation at that time of the game and then proven that they got it wrong would have at least one player who would do that..Every team has at least one player who would swear at the ref.

Some sticks need to be told they are a stick..Checchin was a ref and now he does little than run up n down and then shrugs his shoulders and says..'i dont know'..lets look at the video replay..i cant be assed to make a decision.

Comes down to laziness and it happened in the brisbane game..a touchie so far behind play..a player clearly puts his foot on the line..there is no one better in position to see it..and they go to video ref..lazy!

Same game.. storm wrap up the game..camera shot f the bench and here is Kidwell up on his feet punching the air yelling.." f**k YEAH" national television..beamed into brisbane and melbourne..crowd close.ever heard the players go off at each other behind the goal posts after a try..a drop out?Dont think for one second that you wont hear..lets hit these c....s

Been happening since anyone kicked a ball around..so dont think that your teams players would lie down and accept a proven wrong decision for one single second..

mickdo

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
For anyone who has given Johns a serve here then you are kidding yourselves.ANY TEAM in that situation at that time of the game and then proven that they got it wrong would have at least one player who would do that..Every team has at least one player who would swear at the ref.
Yes, but Johns has done it repeatedly and has been warned and kept doing it.
Some sticks need to be told they are a stick..Checchin was a ref and now he does little than run up n down and then shrugs his shoulders and says..'i dont know'..lets look at the video replay..i cant be assed to make a decision.

Comes down to laziness and it happened in the brisbane game..a touchie so far behind play..a player clearly puts his foot on the line..there is no one better in position to see it..and they go to video ref..lazy!
That somehow excuses it? wtf?
Same game.. storm wrap up the game..camera shot f the bench and here is Kidwell up on his feet punching the air yelling.." f**k YEAH" national television..beamed into brisbane and melbourne..crowd close.ever heard the players go off at each other behind the goal posts after a try..a drop out?Dont think for one second that you wont hear..lets hit these c....s
Irrelevant, it wasn't directed at an oficial
Been happening since anyone kicked a ball around..so dont think that your teams players would lie down and accept a proven wrong decision for one single second..
If they were repeat offenders and were warned to stop doing it and didn't, then they wouldn't have many excuses left

Sugar

Bench

get over it ya f**kin sook

beckster05

Juniors
Personally I think that this is a joke. :x In no way am I condoning what Joey said BUT the thing is that referees and officials are sworn at in every game. If someone else of a lesser statute in the game said the same thing would they be facing a 3 possibly longer suspension, I think not. In my opinion the NRL has set a VERY DANGEROUS precedent on this matter. In the coming weeks we will see if the NRL will put the same penalty Jphnsy's facing to any other player that does a similar thing. I think not. They are just out to make an example of Joey. Come on NRL get a reality check.

Razor

Coach
get over it ya f**kin sook

I think it's the anti-Newcastle brigade that is having a sook. Waaaaaah Johns said f**king merkin waaah I'm so deeply hurt. How about you guys stop being 5-years old?

Bicey_18

Bench
Bobby DIGital said:
You're an idiot. If you're gonna talk sh*t, at least have some facts to prove your point.

The Raiders have finished in front of the bitch ass Knights for the 3 seasons before this one. Even when we came 14th last year, you still copped the spoon chump.quote]

You just proved who the idiot really is...... Can you not read what I said? I said "And yet we WILL still finish ahead of your mob"

Whos the moron now????????

I have seen countless times on fox sports coverage of the league, players swearing when talking to the ref.. ie,. they have been f**king holding us down all night as well ...what about the f**king grapple tacklesthey do to us........ That is swearing in general conversation..NOT swearing at someone to personally insult them.....That is the difference that knights fans can't seem to get through their heads ........there is a big difference . one is acceptable to most officials the other is definatly NOT

Red Bear

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Deserves all he gets, he is the face of rugby league and we can't have him going off like that. I think the job should be handed to Brett Kimmorley or Matt Orford ( the other Two halfs)
You see, the problem with that is they aren't worthy of wiping Johns arsehole when it comes to playing the game. Probably better behaved etc but Johns is freaking good and therefore will be the face of league (although he doesnt seem to be in many ads or anything for the game itself, so maybe he isnt the face?)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Razor said:
I think it's the anti-Newcastle brigade that is having a sook. Waaaaaah Johns said f**king merkin waaah I'm so deeply hurt. How about you guys stop being 5-years old?

Or Joey needs to learn to not be a brat. He needs to learn to act like a role model. If Joey said nothing, which he should have, nothing would have been said. He needs to respect referees!

Latest posts