What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

mickdo

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Ohhhhh now i see..repeatedly..in the one game..once
And..ohhh surprise of surprises checchin says he couldnt see..lets see that being lazy..thats being in the wrong position..thats hoping for a video ref to make a decision.
Not saying hes the son of god ...saying that its s crap decision that doesnt deserve 4 weeks..1 week..fine.Ps johns was the son of god in GF 2001..his medal says soo..whateva
Nah, Kennedy was the son of god that night

aqua_duck

Coach
with hagan getting a 5k fine I'd like to know if Grimaldi will get the same as his comments on sports tonight were a mirror image of what Hagan said

Also of note, if a ref makes a mistake, you shouldn't swear at him but instead maybe physically manhandling him, you'll get a similar suspension either way (re Jeremy Smith)

Look I don't think anyone is saying he should've got away with it but 3 weeks is pretty harsh considering Smith got 4 for actually manhandling a ref

Mayor West

Juniors
The main problem as locky has stated all along is Johns own bad record...i think everyone would agree that 2 weeks is about right...and if Johns was clean thats what he would've got..and ppl complaining that ppl swear all the time on the field, geez he swore at an official...He didnt swear about the decision in general...he called the guy a f**king merkin..big difference then saying thats a s**t call...well in my view anyway

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
How many weeks did Blocker get for patting the ref on the head ?
You'd think the message would be clear to all players.......Leave the refs/touch judges alone and you wont have an issue.

lockyno1

Post Whore
theVodkaCircle said:
Leave the refs/touch judges alone and you wont have an issue.

Bingo and a heck of a lot of people are forgetting this part! If Joey says nothing, well he would be playing this week!

Sugar

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Bingo and a heck of a lot of people are forgetting this part! If Joey says nothing, well he would be playing this week!
maybe next year mad dog can teach him how to lose a game gracefully
(he had some practise with us)

CrazyEel

Bench
"The Newcastle Knights have requested a copy of the footage from the NRL's match review committee and have until midday tomorrow to decide if any further action will be taken," a Knights statement said.

But the club may find itself as shocked as match review committee chairman Greg McCallum who, when it was suggested that some might find the grade three charge harsh, responded: "Probably most people haven't seen the video."

McCallum said Johns' column in the Sunday Telegraph, in which he said he would not apologise for the incident, was not considered as evidence.

He said the game's image had been considered by the committee, which graded Johns' charge lower than those handed out to Melbourne's Scott Hill and Parramatta's Jeremy Smith for manhandling referees earlier this season.

"I think that the response to that's reflected in the charge, the fact that a player's been charged at that level I think it's reasonable to suggest that that's been taken into account," McCallum said.

Johns' charge arose out of a 79th minute incident during Friday's 16-14 loss in which he is alleged to have called Cechin a "f...ing c..t".

source http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/2502/Default.aspx

BWNB

First Grade
Well with the ever expading game (Gold Coast and Melbourne) we dont need these type of people wrecking our good reputation. Over the years it has been tarnished by all the Dogs scandles and the Trent Barret push up scandle.WE dont need to put up with this no longer! We need to get a new marketing campain get clean skins like
Billy Slater
Brett Kimmorley
Colin Best
Nathan Merrit
Clint Newton

Wake up guys get them in and our game will go international in no time!

Gene Krupa

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Well with the ever expading game (Gold Coast and Melbourne) we dont need these type of people wrecking our good reputation. Over the years it has been tarnished by all the Dogs scandles and the Trent Barret push up scandle.WE dont need to put up with this no longer! We need to get a new marketing campain get clean skins like
Billy Slater
Brett Kimmorley
Colin Best
Nathan Merrit
Clint Newton

Billy Slater? :lol: Clean skin? :lol: Mr suspended 3 times this year alone? :lol: :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
didn't Newton elbow someone in the head and get like 12 weeks for it which forced him to miss the USA vs Australia game back in 2004

Alex28

Coach
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Billy Slater
Brett Kimmorley
Colin Best
Nathan Merrit
Clint Newton

When I think "who are the superstars that will sell the game to the masses" there is one bloke I think of...

Colin Best.

You fool :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Alex28 said:
When I think "who are the superstars that will sell the game to the masses" there is one bloke I think of...

Colin Best.

You fool :lol:

I agree. Brett Kimmorley sells the game to the nearest hospital by the amount of people he puts into hospital!:lol:

Red Bear

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Billy Slater
Brett Kimmorley
Colin Best
Nathan Merrit
Clint Newton

Cheap shot Slater? 1 Nut kimmorley? Clint the flying forearm Newton? Colin sh*thouse Best? hahahahaha you idiot

btw, there was nothing in the Barrett "Scandal"

adamkungl

Immortal
Billy Slater is the only one on that list worth marketing, and he is by no means a cleanskin. Headkicking comes to mind. Kimmorley...lol, no comment, if that's the best you can come up with...
As for Johns, maybe he should calm it down a bit but to get suspended is a bloody joke, the ref should watch the game instead of whining like a bitch.

BWNB

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
Cheap shot Slater? 1 Nut kimmorley? Clint the flying forearm Newton? Colin sh*thouse Best? hahahahaha you idiot

btw, there was nothing in the Barrett "Scandal"

Im pretty sure there was. At least the scum gave him a one way fare to England.

Knightmare

Coach
Raider_69 said:
GOLD GOLD GOLD
I love it!

Joey's mouth has ended the knights season :lol:
Hilarious! :lol:

As skeepe said, he is a petulant, arrogant bad sport, having a tanty and throwing his toys out of the pram when things dont go his way

*BOOM!*
Whats the sound?
thats the sound of barge arse being brought back to earth

At worst, Newcastle will do as well as the Raiders have done these past 5 years and tumble out the back door in the semis. At best, they'll shock all you critics who forgot all about 2004.

Latest posts