What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

skeepe

Immortal
Knightmare said:
At worst, Newcastle will do as well as the Raiders have done these past 5 years and tumble out the back door in the semis. At best, they'll shock all you critics who forgot all about 2004.

Considering the Knights finished 10th that year I'd think it was forgettable for all concerned.

Tommy Smith

Referee
3-4 weeks for swearing? LOL Im waiting for Ashton Kutcher to turn up and say "Punk'd" to Joey. This would have to be the biggest farce in the NRL's judicial history...even bgiger than the farcical suspensions handed out to the likes of Wiki, Morley and Woolford.

Btw is everyone sure that was the whole charge? Because im surprised the NRL didnt give naughty Joey a detention as well...oh and lets not forget writing lines on the board. "i must not swear".

Honestly people, what is our great sport coming to? A teams season down the drain because a player expressed disbelief in the only way sports people know how to a little pissant of a touch judge. A touch judge who was almost certainly teased at school so now feels big and tough by yelling "Mr, mr he swore at me".

Ladies and gentlemen, we are supposed to be adults. People swear in the heat of the moment...get over it, build a bridge, grow a spine. Live life. Oh happy days!

As for all this role model BS, well unless players only coincidentally began to swear as we began to shove microphones down their throats on the pitch then im sure that players have always used profanities on the pitch. So that would mean its the NRLs fault for turning Rugby Leagues players lives into the Trueman Show that we catch them committing attrocious, heinous crimes such as swearing. Consequently i would advise the Knights to charge the NRLwith a Grade 3 Reckless Coverage charge. Punishable with a kick in the balls for being thin skinned softcocks.

Knightmare

Coach
Raider_69 said:
LOL, idiot
You clearly dont know much about the situation

MMM played a recording of the incident in their 5pm news, Channel 10 showed footage that clearly shows who johns directed his words at. And its 100% certain that Johns called Checcin a "f**king merkin"

Really? Just 12 hours ago I could've sworn (no pun intended) everyone said he called the touchie a "f**king merkin!" As for the footage I've seen of the incident, there's no evidence that Joey was even directing his spray at anyone. Saying that this would encourage kids to swear at match officials is a joke too. Were kids probing eachother's arses after 'Hoppa-gate' in 2001? After Danny Williams K.O'd Mark O'Neill in 2004, did kids suddenly start throwing blind shots at eachother in back play? It's not just blinkered Knights fans who think this is a joke either. On the Sunday Roast, MG and Gus Gould treated the blow-up with disdain as well. MG is one of the most outspoken personalities in our game who calls it as it is, and Gus has had no problems coming out and critiscising Johns in the past (Origin 2003, anyone?) Seriously, I'm wondering if the NRL board has been reading the long-festering anti-Johns sentiment on this forum and decided to give Joey a lengthy suspension to make people happy, after Newcastle (arguably) have already been cost 2 match points because of poor officiating. FFS they might as well suspend Joey for the rest of the year, strip the Knights of all their points and burn EAS to the ground. This is a f**king joke.

Knightmare

Coach
Mr Saab said:
I am no fan of Johns, but 3 weeks is very harsh. I would have thought grade one and as a result of his carry over points 2 weeks.
Knights are goooooooooooooooooone

Your mob look to be in the same boat. Want to share Mad Monday together this year? There's some decent pubs in Brisbane :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
:lol:

Comparing Hoppa and Danny Williams popularity with kids to Johns popularity among the younger fans

mickdo

Coach
Knightmare said:
As for the footage I've seen of the incident, there's no evidence that Joey was even directing his spray at anyone.
Well, you either haven't seen any of the footage, or you are blind. I'm guessing the latter. :cool:

Knightmare

Coach
skeepe said:
Considering the Knights finished 10th that year I'd think it was forgettable for all concerned.

They came within 2 points of making the finals. But Joey went down after round 3 that year and wasn't seen again. I thought that meant Newcastle were supposed to get the spoon, because after all, they NEVER win a game when Johns isn't playing, and they NEVER lose when he's there. :roll:

Knightmare

Coach
mickdo said:
Well, you either haven't seen any of the footage, or you are blind. I'm guessing the latter. :cool:

:LOL: I'll bet I've seen it more than you have. I can't see an official (ref or touch-judge) anywhere near when Joey lets fly.

Knightmare

Coach
True, but remember in 2005 while Joey was out, Newcastle had nearly half the regular side out as well. Even when Joey returned, the Knights didn't find winning form immediately. If I remember correctly, they got done 50-0 by Parramatta at home with barge-arse in the number 7.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
3-4 weeks for swearing? LOL Im waiting for Ashton Kutcher to turn up and say "Punk'd" to Joey. This would have to be the biggest farce in the NRL's judicial history...even bgiger than the farcical suspensions handed out to the likes of Wiki, Morley and Woolford.

Btw is everyone sure that was the whole charge? Because im surprised the NRL didnt give naughty Joey a detention as well...oh and lets not forget writing lines on the board. "i must not swear".

Honestly people, what is our great sport coming to? A teams season down the drain because a player expressed disbelief in the only way sports people know how to a little pissant of a touch judge. A touch judge who was almost certainly teased at school so now feels big and tough by yelling "Mr, mr he swore at me".

Ladies and gentlemen, we are supposed to be adults. People swear in the heat of the moment...get over it, build a bridge, grow a spine. Live life. Oh happy days!

As for all this role model BS, well unless players only coincidentally began to swear as we began to shove microphones down their throats on the pitch then im sure that players have always used profanities on the pitch. So that would mean its the NRLs fault for turning Rugby Leagues players lives into the Trueman Show that we catch them committing attrocious, heinous crimes such as swearing. Consequently i would advise the Knights to charge the NRLwith a Grade 3 Reckless Coverage charge. Punishable with a kick in the balls for being thin skinned softcocks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CrazyEel

Bench
Knightmare said:
I'll bet I've seen it more than you have. I can't see an official (ref or touch-judge) anywhere near when Joey lets fly.
The footage shown on foxsports tonight actually shows him pointing directly at Chechin when he says it.
"The Newcastle Knights have requested a copy of the footage from the NRL's match review committee and have until midday tomorrow to decide if any further action will be taken," a Knights statement said.

But the club may find itself as shocked as match review committee chairman Greg McCallum who, when it was suggested that some might find the grade three charge harsh, responded: "Probably most people haven't seen the video."
source http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/2502/Default.aspx

OVP

Coach
Cmon Joey ... THROOOOOOOOOOOW that mouthguard ... you know you want to !! :lol:

0,5001,5213010,00.jpg

mickdo

Coach
Knightmare said:
:LOL: I'll bet I've seen it more than you have. I can't see an official (ref or touch-judge) anywhere near when Joey lets fly.
I think you need one of these...

scoutwitheyechart.jpg

mickdo

Coach
Knightmare said:
True, but remember in 2005 while Joey was out, Newcastle had nearly half the regular side out as well. Even when Joey returned, the Knights didn't find winning form immediately. If I remember correctly, they got done 50-0 by Parramatta at home with barge-arse in the number 7.
Nope, pretty sure he was still out for that game. He was back for the return clash 6 weeks later and you beat us at Parra stadium.

mickdo

Coach
Knightmare said:
A,B,D,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.
Glasses suit you, mickdo. :)
Wow.... you missed the first and biggest letter...
Maybe you just have trouble seeing what's staring you right in the face.

hgfds

Juniors
A couple of weeks off would be good for Johns he is obviously feeling the stress mentally and physically,he will be rejuvenated after the rest.

lockyno1

Post Whore
hgfds said:
A couple of weeks off would be good for Johns he is obviously feeling the stress mentally and physically,he will be rejuvenated after the rest.

Knights will be gone when he comes back! They have a bye in round 26, and byes don't count in terms of suspension!:lol: