What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges: Johns facing four weeks

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
done and done, email fired away

"Thats Gold Entry:

Dear Cheif, i would like to nominate the NRL's efforts in suspending Andrew Johns for his out burst on friday night for thats gold... Nothing funnier then the holier then thou Joey being brought back down to earth

THATS GOLD!

Cheers
Nick"

Any reply must be reproduced on this site :lol:

Jono078

Referee
The Colonel said:
Direct your anger to Johns rather than the judiciary then - as captain he should know better. Regardless of the circumstances you cannot abuse the officials.
No.. what about the 230865283 players to swear at officials before Johns?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Jono078 said:

Take off your Knights glasses and what would you ahve given him? It looked bad and honestly I would ahve given him 2 weeks not 3 but I think the punishment is about right really. Fact is Johns has a responsibility like Lockyer to be a role model. Some suspension was needed for this breach.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jono078 said:

The NRL should have acted before now, that much is certain. Now that they have decided to act against the no 1 player in the game hopefully they should continue the practise. That is like arguing that because ten people got away with drink driving you should be let off as well.

The thing is two to three weeks is not as excessive as everyone is making out and that is what he has copped. The 93 points from weeks previous plus loading goes on top of that taking it out to three-four weeks.

Jono078

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Take off your Knights glasses and what would you ahve given him? It looked bad and honestly I would ahve given him 2 weeks not 3 but I think the punishment is about right really. Fact is Johns has a responsibility like Lockyer to be a role model. Some suspension was needed for this breach.

$15,000 and 1 week if I were to give anything.

legend

Coach
I still think the Knights can get through against the Cowboys without Johns but the Panthers game and the first week of the finals are another thing.

The finals race has been opened up again for the likes of Penrith, Cowboys and Sharks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ok, for one second how about everyone takes the "I hate Andrew Johns with a complete passion" glasses off and have a look at this "incident" combined with the other charges which have been handed out.

Firstly, lets look at what happened to Anthony Quinn:
He abused touch judge Russell Turner THREE times in the Knights/Storm game a few weeks ago. Turner comes on, reports it, the Knights have a penalty go against them and Melbourne go on to score from the ensuing set. What action did Anthony Quinn face after the game? Absolutely nothing. The NRL say "a penalty was sufficient" even though he said what he did three times.

Andrew Johns on Friday night:
Touch judge Matt Cecchin misses a blatant knock down from Steve Matai, denying the Knights any chance of having one,possibly two final tackles to grab victory. Johns, after Cecchin misses the incident, in his rage yells out "f**king merkin", Cecchin comes in, penalty Manly. The NRL have a look at this on the Monday morning, giving Johns a possible four week suspension.

How do these two incidents compare? One involves Andrew Johns (A supposed role model), while the other involves Anthony Quinn (a lesser player, not seen as a role model). Two similar incidents, two massively different actions taken against the players. Something doesn't add up here.

Now we compare these two separate incidents to something like what Luke O'Donnell did on Saturday night. O'Donnell comes down on the Warriors player, gives him an elbow straight into the jaw, yet only gets one week out of it. You tell me which one is worse - A player swearing at a touch judge, which in all honesty is not hurting anyone, or something which has the potential to cause a fair bit of damage to the tackled player, not least of all a broken jaw.

There is something seriously wrong with the judiciary system and it needs a major overhaul.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jono078 said:
$15,000 and 1 week if I were to give anything.

The NRL don't fine players for on-field offences like the AFL. They couldn't have slapped him with a fine regardless.

Jono078

Referee
The Colonel said:
The NRL don't fine players for on-field offences like the AFL. They couldn't have slapped him with a fine regardless.

Fair enough, but that's what I would of done and probably what the NRL should do.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Knights fans... just give up now.. it's easier:lol:

brooksy19

Bench
Jobdog said:
Andrew Johns on Friday night:
Johns, after Cecchin misses the incident, in his rage yells out "f**king merkin", Cecchin comes in, penalty Manly.

I believe it was "f**king merkin"

:lol:

Latest posts