What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

Iamback

Coach
Tatola always had his feet planted on the ground and simply grabbed Kennedy by the waist and dragged him to the ground. He didn't lose his feet (Fuimaono) or come third man in (Carrigan). It's unfortunate Kennedy got injured but absolutely zero wrong with the tackle. If you're going to charge that we may as well play OzTag.

Injuries sadly are part of footy

Iamback

Coach
Are you purposefully daft?

You make a claim that a hip drop tackle is only with multiple tacklers - I showed that this hasn't been the case.

You could have conceded that you were wrong. Instead, you say is it's hard to define - I gave a pretty clear definition.
You suggest that Fuimaono's tackle was more of a "trip" - but it wasn't by any measure

You suggest it was just a tackle to get them on their back - but neither player ended up on their back and I referenced it wasn't a tackle technique by a wrestling/BJJ leverage technique to get an opponent to the ground.

It's much simpler - the MRC are just incompetent and inconsistent with what they charge and that have benefited some teams over others.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges here though.

Those individual tackles are more a slinging tackle

From 2 years ago

Paulo made a point of apologising to Fifita after the 26-12 victory, but was adamant he had not made a hip-drop tackle, which involves a player dropping his full body weight on to the back of the attacking player's legs.

Frailty

First Grade
I think you are comparing apples to oranges here though.

Those individual tackles are more a slinging tackle

From 2 years ago

Paulo made a point of apologising to Fifita after the 26-12 victory, but was adamant he had not made a hip-drop tackle, which involves a player dropping his full body weight on to the back of the attacking player's legs.
"It's not a hip drop because it's one on one"
"it's not a hip drop its more of a trip"
"It's not a hip drop, its more of a slinging tackle"

What's next - "it's not a hip drop, it's more of a sharpshooter".

Iamback

Coach
"It's not a hip drop because it's one on one"
"it's not a hip drop its more of a trip"
"It's not a hip drop, its more of a slinging tackle"

What's next - "it's not a hip drop, it's more of a sharpshooter".

You haven't defined a hip drop tackle though, So it is just down to interpretion which is how the MRC gets the inconsistencies

This is the only one I can find

made a hip-drop tackle, which involves a player dropping his full body weight on to the back of the attacking player's legs.

In which case neither of those individual tackles met that

If the NRL allowed a classic legs tackle to be considered dominant and gave some leeway to allow players to slow down the ruck if they did a classic tackle, then some of this would be removed from the game.

Iamback

Coach
If the NRL allowed a classic legs tackle to be considered dominant and gave some leeway to allow players to slow down the ruck if they did a classic tackle, then some of this would be removed from the game.

Not sure you can with how strong players are. Take Sam Walker, I don't see him being able to stop To'o around the legs

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 man tackles are a blight on the game. I'm very confused what a hip drop tackle is tbh. You cant tackle below the knees third man in and you cant tackle around the waist and pull the man down. How did our simple game get so complicated??

Iamback

Coach
3 man tackles are a blight on the game. I'm very confused what a hip drop tackle is tbh. You cant tackle below the knees third man in and you cant tackle around the waist and pull the man down. How did our simple game get so complicated??

There lies the problem with this topic

skeepe

Immortal
Turpin will be out for a while. He wasn't running as fast as Dale was but more blood was spilt.
sam winchester yawn GIF

Someguy

First Grade
Surely the people defending Carrigan tonight just walk in with the footage of what Nathan Cleary did to Billy Walters

He got a fine for that, that's all he got. Just because Hastings has a broken leg as a result of the tackle shouldn't be what determines the punishment, it will be though, sadly

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fe410bb47-876e-46bf-8ad3-3cd9ab2d2b2b

What's the difference? if anything Nathan's was worse as he was the only person in the tackle and had full control over where Billy could end up

that is one ugly photo! You got one where he shoulders Ponga in the head in origin. If I recall everyone giggled that he got penalised for tackling too hard and as a result pongas brain is mush and any slight bump and he is out.

Smug Panther

First Grade

lockyno1

Post Whore

fourplay

Juniors
Smith should absolutely have been suspended. If you think it was just momentum in the tackle then he's fooled you. It was a choice Smith made in the moment to pull his hips directly onto the lower legs of Tino to complete the tackle.

Latest posts