What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

Valheru

Coach
It’s his 4th charge so I thought it was meant to be a suspension? Dunno. I gave up after Minichiello got off for his flying Karate chop after he was "accidentally" charged with the wrong offence, allowing him to play his milestone match.

Maybe it is 3 fines for the same charge?

EDIT:

Yep this reads as it only being relevant to the same charge and it is his 2nd contrary conduct charge.

Sonny83

Juniors
Collins tackle doesn't look that bad but unlucky the storms player got injured. There was plenty of similar tackles in the game that went unnoticed. The charges is quite excessive, I think 2 games ban is sufficient

EDIT:

Yep this reads as it only being relevant to the same charge and it is his 2nd contrary conduct charge.

I thought it was an charge; that’s why Cleary got the second charge penalty for his spear tackle, despite his earlier charge for the year being for something different.

Looks like JWH has only two previous charges this year; someone else mentioned 3, but maybe he fought one at the judiciary?

Collins tackle doesn't look that bad but unlucky the storms player got injured. There was plenty of similar tackles in the game that went unnoticed. The charges is quite excessive, I think 2 games ban is sufficient
I thought it look reasonably bad (guy wasn’t going anywhere and Collins completely lost his feet and pit all his weight across the kids legs); that is the tackle they are trying to outlaw from the game.

I agree though about the 4-5 weeks; I was shocked.

Big Pete

Referee
Says its a fine but I also thought he had too many?
It's not the same charge, Carrigan was referred straight to the judiciary.

Collins has form and should have had been sat down after the pre-season. Hopefully he learns his lesson this time.

Maximus

Coach

I'm sure you can bring up a few examples then if it happened plenty of times?

The charge would only be 2 games. He's on his 3rd offence though hence the 4 games. He's a repeat offender for these types of tackles, so deserves a long stint on the sideline to fix his tackling technique.

gerg

Juniors

EDIT:

No. I'm a petty, petty man and went to the effort of trawling through this thread and he had his second contrary conduct charge a few months ago.

Maximus

Coach
I thought it was an charge; that’s why Cleary got the second charge penalty for his spear tackle, despite his earlier charge for the year being for something different.

Looks like JWH has only two previous charges this year; someone else mentioned 3, but maybe he fought one at the judiciary?

Definitely per charge. Collins is 3rd offence all different. Sims got extra weeks for 3rd offence despite different charges as well.

According to this it's JWH's 4th and NASs 5th, so looks like they've just decided to ignore the rules for those 2.

beave

Coach
I posted this in the game day thread

I don't have a problem with Hess getting a week, he shot out of the line and put on a clumsy hit that has whacked Graham (and himself) in the head.

But tell me what's worse, Hess's hit that results in a week off or that utter rubbish elbow drop NAS put on Sualili that resulted in a $3k fine or the one on Egan that resulted in nothing?????

Luke Patten is a spud.

I don't have a problem with Hess getting a week, he shot out of the line and put on a clumsy hit that has whacked Graham (and himself) in the head.

But tell me what's worse, Hess's hit that results in a week off or that utter rubbish elbow drop NAS put on Sualili that resulted in a $3k fine or the one on Egan that resulted in nothing?????

Luke Patten is a spud.

We won't mention Cameron Munster dropping his forearm into Sam Walker's head either.

Maximus

Coach

Luke Patten is a spud.

The problem that the NRL have created for themselves is that the 5th offence results in the same punishment as the 3rd offence, so serial grubs like NAS can continue committing grade 1 offences as many times as he wants and he will never get anything more than a fine.

The 3 charges that have the 3rd offence reducing to a fine for an early plea should be changed to be consistent with everything else and have the early plea reducing the suspension by a week.

mave

Coach
Gotta say. I'm pretty sick of serial offending grubs like JWH and NAS continually getting a bullshit fine, for their serial grubiness.....while cleanskins like Lawton and now Kelly will sit down for a month, or more, for one tackle gone wrong.

And I get that a spear tackle can end up with disastrous consequences......but so can a forearm/elbow drop to the face, which these two aforementioned grubs have turned into an artform.

Latest posts