What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

Iamback

Coach
It has NEVER been a requirement for a tackle to be more than one on one to be a hip drop. There were a number of one on one tackles suspended earlier in the season (and at least on in preseason) that were one on one.

Graham Annesley had identified a couple of things that are typical of hip drop tackles:
- Player has hold of player from waist and above.
- Tackler “leaves his feet”. The Tatola example was not suspended or charged because his feet were on the ground.
-Tackler turns their hips and drops their weight.

So why was Croker suspended? Look at what he does with his feet and hips - he turns and leaves his feet. Before he leaves his feet, both of them are turned and on the one side, which doesn’t make sense unless he is making a hip drop tackle. A normal tackle from the side/behind (even if missed and falling) would see him fall frontside down.

He leaves his feet cause he is being dragged by a huge strong human.

We have seen players slide down and injure themselves making tackles. Someone with strong legs will always kick out

mozza91

Coach
Utterly ridiculous. It’s only the Knights so let’s throw the book at him.
Let’s see what happens when a Roosters or Rabbitohs players does the same thing.

Frailty

First Grade
He leaves his feet cause he is being dragged by a huge strong human.

We have seen players slide down and injure themselves making tackles. Someone with strong legs will always kick out
Look at the first and third pics. He doesn’t leave his feet because he is being dragged - his feet actually go forward ffs.

So he got 3 weeks for a high tackle then?
No he got it for a hip drop.
Tell me how he has tackled him “around the waist”?

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers better not bring him back in for the grand final if they win week 3. He was terrible and doesn't deserve a chance to be as stupid as his brother if Panthers go back to back

Let Staines leave Panthers with a premiership.

SDM

First Grade
It's funny how these things work out, the NRL dudded him, would have had his 2 games out of the way this year.

Vee

First Grade
I wonder if May would have been sinbinned if he hadn't been in the news all week. The shoulder to the head by one of the Panthers props (Leota?) was much worse imo but no sinbin, probably would have been if May had not already been binned.

Munted

Bench
Panthers better not bring him back in for the grand final if they win week 3. He was terrible and doesn't deserve a chance to be as stupid as his brother if Panthers go back to back

Let Staines leave Panthers with a premiership.
Was his worst performance of the season to be fair, doesn't usually put a stinker in like that but the week probably got to him. Didn't look comfortable at all.
Pretty standard high shot these days too, not like the guy went out and took somebodies head off.
Spencer's was about the same, I don't understand the grading difference.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Was his worst performance of the season to be fair, doesn't usually put a stinker in like that but the week probably got to him. Didn't look comfortable at all.
Pretty standard high shot these days too, not like the guy went out and took somebodies head off.
Spencer's was about the same, I don't understand the grading difference.
In my view they got them the wrong way around. Still, Tiny is probably scraping for dosh at the moment with fines from all directions and lawyers into him, so bettter to get the suspension, with him being injured anyway. Both mainstream and social media have the attention span of a gnat, so it'll all be forgotten by the GF, as long as he doesn't keep it going himself which can't be ruled out, and that's when they'll be looking at bringing him back, hammy permitting.

SDM

First Grade
I wonder if May would have been sinbinned if he hadn't been in the news all week. The shoulder to the head by one of the Panthers props (Leota?) was much worse imo but no sinbin, probably would have been if May had not already been binned.
I think he was binned because they had to call the game back a couple of plays and it was the only way to justify it. Also agree the Leota hit was worse, he just hit a bloke with a far harder head.

soc123_au

Staff member
The other one was Spencer Lenui not Leota. I thought it looked worse than the May one, but Taylan was always going to cop heat after the delayed suspension call. Sucks for him a bit as the dumb call was the NRL's decision not his. Still a bit of poetic justice should shut the hand wringers up somewhat.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
The other one was Spencer Lenui not Leota. I thought it looked worse than the May one, but Taylan was always going to cop heat after the delayed suspension call. Sucks for him a bit as the dumb call was the NRL's decision not his. Still a bit of poetic justice should shut the hand wringers up somewhat.
Meh, deserves a week.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Did Guffo get the same suspension as May? His hit was just as bad but Fish didn't milk it like a bitch, was a clear 8 point try really