What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

BLM01

First Grade
Who says the media dont run the NRL or there is no trial by media.
All and sundry (different senior media sources are all on the same page) are saying Barnett will miss between 6-8 wks before he even gets to the judiciary and if it is any less the NRL will be a farce
Now they are not involved in the process, so how do they know the punishment and why is no one else allowed to comment on the judiciary out come etc
Wonder what he will get.?

Gareth67

First Grade
The judiciary’s penalties against players - other than Dragons - seems to be fines only .

Our frustration and anger is well justified , as it is not a case of we do not understand that a penalty should be imposed , but as said by so many it is that the judiciary is plainly not being impartial when it comes to the grading of the individual charges .

So what rule book are the fools in the bunker and judiciary reading from , one for the team playing in the Big Red V and another for the other 15 teams ? 🤔

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Who says the media dont run the NRL or there is no trial by media.
All and sundry (different senior media sources are all on the same page) are saying Barnett will miss between 6-8 wks before he even gets to the judiciary and if it is any less the NRL will be a farce
Now they are not involved in the process, so how do they know the punishment and why is no one else allowed to comment on the judiciary out come etc
Wonder what he will get.?
Certainly is trial by media. The media should be canned for being able to voice these matters. It's like the alleged man is guilty of the offence before all the facts are tabled.

Barnett's elbow to me was deliberate and his sending off was warranted. He will be outed for a lengthy period but for how long, I will leave that up to the judiciary to pronounce.

Gareth67

First Grade
Nelson from storm gets a fne
That's a fckn joke.Could have caused more damage.
Ans Sua gets a sin bin.
F%%% off judiciary and nrl.
Yes indeed , so the ‘ Butcher of Bali ‘ gets away with it again . The dopey big sod should had received at least 5 weeks for that cowardly hit from behind .

Surely the judiciary has the power to adjust the charge itself so the penalty fits the crime ?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Nelson from storm gets a fne
That's a fckn joke.Could have caused more damage.
Ans Sua gets a sin bin.
F%%% off judiciary and nrl.
Its a wonder we are able to sign up players when blind Freddy knows that we are NOT getting a fair go. If we were getting a fair go and the off field instances do not happen, we might get some "decent" players wanting to join us. I'm sure that many other players from the other clubs know this.

Maybe Fitzgibbon might have had more interest to being the head coach of our club but for the problems we have gone through and the knowledge that we get unfair treatment - meaning he would be behind the 8 ball and that is a tough assignment when the club isn't loved so to speak. The Sharks had more appeal even though they had that peptide problem.
I'm just clutching at straws for something to say - I'm sorry.

Trifili13

Juniors
These fines are a joke. Either Asofa clobbered the bloke in the back if his head and should be suspended or no charge to answer and free to play. I would love the NRL 360 jokers to really go to town on the NRL on Monday and say how the hell did Asofa merely warrant a fine. Let's see if they have the balls to do it. Yet Su'a who had a split second to make his tackle will miss a week.

Dragsters

First Grade
So…the Broncos half just came in with a swinging arm on a cowboys player. He went on report and got a penalty. No sin bin. The tackle was worse than Sua’s. so how the f**k does that work? Is anyone from the dragons asking questions about this sort of thing?

I have seen at least 4 others the same this round.

My theory is that the refs have their meetings early in the week and determine what they are targeting the following round, the teams playing Thursday and Friday games cop the wrath of these refs on a mission, outrage from fans and ridicule from the press ensues in the Friday and Saturday papers, then they back off and remaining games are reffed with less intent and softened rulings like no sin bins for the same or arguably worse incidents than earlier in the round.

There were 2 incidents in last night's game that the same ref we had on Thursday, Chris Sutton ruled penalty, on report, no sin bin.

Just my take on it...

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
So…the Broncos half just came in with a swinging arm on a cowboys player. He went on report and got a penalty. No sin bin. The tackle was worse than Sua’s. so how the f**k does that work? Is anyone from the dragons asking questions about this sort of thing?

Agree, but did the Cowboys guy go off for a HIA ?

jak

Bench
The judiciary’s penalties against players - other than Dragons - seems to be fines only .

Our frustration and anger is well justified , as it is not a case of we do not understand that a penalty should be imposed , but as said by so many it is that the judiciary is plainly not being impartial when it comes to the grading of the individual charges .

So what rule book are the fools in the bunker and judiciary reading from , one for the team playing in the Big Red V and another for the other 15 teams ? 🤔
by the end of the season 15 clubs will be offered fines 1 club will be offered a wall and a blindfold.

Trifili13

Juniors
If I were the Dragon's CEO, I'd be calling a press conference and showing all the incidents where other teams players have infringed worse than the Dragon's and either did not get sin binned, no suspension or simply a fine and embarrass the NRL administration. What can they do to us? Get the refs to shaft us during games, they already do that, suspend our players, they already do that.

We might have a laugh when we bring up Toovey's "there needs to be an investigation" but he was right.

Iron Mike

Juniors

Agreed Gareth,
You only need to look at the Nelson

Agreed Gareth,
The comparison between the NSS hit and the Sua tackle on Finucane clearly shows there is corrupt officials within both the NRL and on field referees and MRC . How on earth Fuimono and McGuire can receive 5 weeks each for hip drop tackles that seem no different to every other waist high tackles also confirms this.
Griffen and Webb seems reluctant to want to fight against any suspension or poor on field referee decisions. This lack of fight may be the reason the MRC and referees choose Saints as the NRL whipping boy ?
I feel other clubs would be heavily scrutinising these decisions if in our position.

Iron Mike

Juniors
If I were the Dragon's CEO, I'd be calling a press conference and showing all the incidents where other teams players have infringed worse than the Dragon's and either did not get sin binned, no suspension or simply a fine and embarrass the NRL administration. What can they do to us? Get the refs to shaft us during games, they already do that, suspend our players, they already do that.

We might have a laugh when we bring up Toovey's "there needs to be an investigation" but he was right.
I like your thinking Trif,
This would show some level of fight , instead of just rolling over like Webb and Griffen seem to do with every bad decision. Griffen , Webb and Craig Young need to lead by example and show the fight we want to see from our players

BLM01

First Grade
These fines are a joke. Either Asofa clobbered the bloke in the back if his head and should be suspended or no charge to answer and free to play. I would love the NRL 360 jokers to really go to town on the NRL on Monday and say how the hell did Asofa merely warrant a fine. Let's see if they have the balls to do it. Yet Su'a who had a split second to make his tackle will miss a week.
Its a Melb player. Silence!

Gareth67

First Grade
A mere 25 me, unfortunately I got Covid the other day, been a struggle but I'm about 80% now.
I reckon I got it at Paddy's Day at the Rocks.
CC
I hope that it had nothing to do with the green ale ?
May you be on the mend as quickly as possible .

Last edited:

Latest posts