What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

Bukowski

Juniors
Imagine complaining about not having a team for 30 years and you say you love rugby league, then you get offered a team that plays 10-11 games a year and you still f**king whinge about it because they used to be a Sydney team 30 years ago, hopefully they attract a whole new audience not you old whinging pricks
Lol, attract a new audience by bringing back a club that died 25 years ago at the top level.
Onya Frank

Frank Burge

Juniors
Lol, attract a new audience by bringing back a club that died 25 years ago at the top level.
Onya Frank
I see bear’s jersey everywhere in Sydney, swans have a higher average then any team bar broncos. What would stop you from supporting them ? You hate the bears , you don’t want north Sydney backing or you don’t like rugby league ,you like to support Perth teams in any sport? I would be devastated if my team were kicked out but I would still love the game an follow it
And Perth would be the new audience

Bukowski

Juniors
I see bear’s jersey everywhere in Sydney, swans have a higher average then any team bar broncos. What would stop you from supporting them ? You hate the bears , you don’t want north Sydney backing or you don’t like rugby league ,you like to support Perth teams in any sport? I would be devastated if my team were kicked out but I would still love the game an follow it
And Perth would be the new audience
Who cares if you see bears jerseys in Sydney. I see western reds jerseys in perth. We are talking about expansion arnt we? To Perth?
The bears offer nothing and mean nothing to people over here.

Bukowski

Juniors
They offer financial backing and a junior base already set up ( small ) to go with the junior base Perth will bring. As long as Vlandys is in charge it looks like that is the 2 options.
Cummins said that they've been unofficially told they need $30mill to be considered for the license. If they can fulfil that then there's no need at all for the bears. 1800 juniors isn't a deal breaker.
Pathways can be set up.

docbrown

Coach
Imagine complaining about not having a team for 30 years and you say you love rugby league, then you get offered a team that plays 10-11 games a year and you still f**king whinge about it because they used to be a Sydney team 30 years ago, hopefully they attract a whole new audience not you old whinging pricks
I believe the term is being a choosing beggar.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wb do you want to admit you’ve lost our bet now or wait lol?
tell me again what was the forfeit you said you’d do if png aren’t in before 2027?

“We’re looking at an 18th team for 2027 or 2028. It won’t be 2026, it will be either 2027 or 2028, but that date we have to finalise.”

Centy Coast

Juniors
Onya Frank
And you want to bring back a team that existed 27 years ago and survived for only three years.
How would a local Perth Reds/Pirates team survive ?, no NSW Cup or QLD Cup team will be involved with them unless they hold atleast some majority part in it, will a five team local first grade competition that relies on fifo players be able to support a NRL team, please.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah maybe. I don't know anyone surveyed or heard of any survey. Interested if anyone else on here from perth did
Nope, nor did any of the 2500 on the Perth expansion fcpb group lol
the overwhelming feeling on that page is they don’t want the bears.

im less disagreeable to it as long as it meets the criteria to be a genuine perth club

based ft in perth
owned by perth people not ns fc
Brand has Perth or WA represented in it
no more than one game away from perth

if it’s that I can live with it. I’d rather see the reds or pirates perth owned brands but if there is advantages to a ns link up that wil l make the club succesful from day 1 then I can live with it.

if it’s owned by ns and called the bears they can get fcked, I’ll go to 2 or 3 games a year against opposition I’m interested in seeing.

Bukowski

Juniors
And you want to bring back a team that existed 27 years ago and survived for only three years.
How would a local Perth Reds/Pirates team survive ?, no NSW Cup or QLD Cup team will be involved with them unless they hold atleast some majority part in it, will a five team local first grade competition that relies on fifo players be able to support a NRL team, please.
Again with the FIFO? What the f**k you on about that?? You didn't explain last time.
They'll set up a Flegg , ball side Etc like other clubs.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Again with the FIFO? What the f**k you on about that?? You didn't explain last time.
They'll set up a Flegg , ball side Etc like other clubs.
Look at this weekends local sides, Fremantle lost both of their centres for the top of the table clash with Rockingham due to fifo work commitments.
North Beach couldn’t even name a full line up against Joondalup until before kick off for the same reason.
That’s what I mean by fifo commitments.
Obviously local Perth players don’t earn much coin to opt for work over playing.

Bukowski

Juniors
Look at this weekends local sides, Fremantle lost both of their centres for the top of the table clash with Rockingham due to fifo work commitments.
North Beach couldn’t even name a full line up against Joondalup until before kick off for the same reason.
That’s what I mean by fifo commitments.
Obviously local Perth players don’t earn much coin to opt for work over playing.
That would effect every amateur sport. Somehow they survive.