What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
well it wont be makaybe diva ;-)

actually without getting off the subject too much, it is rumoured that she could be making a return in spring carnival ;-)

I guess that's a rumour. :D

yy_cheng

Coach
MAJOR ROOSTERS SIGNING
by Matthew O'Neill (Senior Editor)

The Sydney Roosters will be making a major player signing announcement this afternoon at Easts League Club.

It is expected that fullback Anthony Minichiello will be re-signing with the Bondi club after weeks of negotiations between the Roosters and the star fullback. Minichiello yesterday said he wanted to discuss his new offer with his parents before making a final decision.

Minichiello has been out for the majority of this season with a back injury but between 2003-05 established himself as the No.1 fullback in the game since Darren Lockyer's move from fullback to five-eighth in 2005.

The Roosters will yet again be active in the market place this year and are favourites to sign Bulldogs International prop Roy Asotasi and have been heavily linked to Dragons youngsters Ashton Sims and Justin Poore and Bulldogs State of Origin forward Nate Myles. Asotasi however is currently in Melbourne for tonight's game.

Great Britain prop Stuart Fielden has long been in the Roosters sights but he has inked a deal with embattled English club Wigan until the end of 2010 and Willie Tonga who was linked with a switch to the Roosters if he didn't switch to another 'sport' re-signed with the Bulldogs earlier this week.

Please hope it is not asotasi

Can anyone find out more? I've searched the web but to no avail.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=25690

Phillips

Referee
Parra Guru said:
He is an excellent player. Would fill Morrison's shoes EASILY

he's not good enough to even wear Morrisons shoes:crazy:

i would have liked to get Shayne Rodney but he has already re-signed :(

The Colonel

Immortal
Your player comparisons confuse me sometimes Phillips. You are quite happy to see a fringe player like Todd Lowrie join the club yet dismiss an up and coming player like Ben Creagh.

Ben Creagh, if signed, would be a very good long term signing by our club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
would be an awesome signing for parra would complament hindy perfectly look at the break he made against the broncs has any forward busted the line this yr for us. maybe fui

Phillips

Referee
The Colonel said:
Your player comparisons confuse me sometimes Phillips. You are quite happy to see a fringe player like Todd Lowrie join the club yet dismiss an up and coming player like Ben Creagh.

Ben Creagh, if signed, would be a very good long term signing by our club.

Lowrie would be cheap and be a decent backup

Creagh would be on a fairly good pay packet and is extremely over-rated

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
How many decent back ups do we need though if we don't have the quality players in the first place?
right on we need to sign some quality and this guy can only improve and we have some bucks to spend. sims and poore would be handy as well. not asking for to much am i :)

Parra Guru

Coach
Creagh has more under his belt and is argueably better than Hindy was at that age.

He would be a signing for the future

Parra Guru

Coach
Phillips, I'm not trying to be a smart arse when I ask how often do you watch Creagh play?

Only asking because (by force) I watch the Dragons every week and have found that he has been one of their best this season. Along with Dean Young, he has really stepped up for the Dragons through their injury/suspension dramas, which is something we DESPARATELY need.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parra Guru said:
Phillips, I'm not trying to be a smart arse when I ask how often do you watch Creagh play?

Only asking because (by force) I watch the Dragons every week and have found that he has been one of their best this season. Along with Dean Young, he has really stepped up for the Dragons through their injury/suspension dramas, which is something we DESPARATELY need.

Mate, he's got no idea, Ben Creigh would be a God at our club, compared to we already have there.

Latest posts