What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Do you think he is that good eela?

well, I may of been over board with that statement considering that we did sign Cronin, Sterling and Price once..but I see him as the sort of bloke who you could mould a team around.

Gronk

Staff member
Matthew Head has re-signed with Dragons for 2 years.

Source: 2GB news.

the_eel

Juniors
Look i'm not getting worried just yet but there doesn't appear to me to be that many decent players left on the open market. I was thinking maybe Fielden may have been a smokey but he signed with wigan. Oh well only 8 days until we find out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the_eel said:
Look i'm not getting worried just yet but there doesn't appear to me to be that many decent players left on the open market. I was thinking maybe Fielden may have been a smokey but he signed with wigan. Oh well only 8 days until we find out.

that's the thing, we won't find out in 8 days, we may however find out later in July.

we're definitely talking to players no risk about it.

the_eel

Juniors
Phillips said:
hope we can get Todd Lowrie, wouldnt be a bad signing

Really?? I must admit i haven't watched much of him this year but what i have seen, he didn't seem anything to write home about.

the_eel

Juniors
Parraren said:
Sims & Poore.

Thats all i can say at this stage.

No complaints from me. Two young and up and coming forwards would be fine. Theres no doubt that the front row is definitely the area that we will be lacking in for next season at this stage....without any signings of course.

it appears matty head is now off the market....

Email this report
Print this report</SPAN>
Subscribe to Sportsmail
Dragons re-sign halfback
June 23, 2006

ST George Illawarra today re-signed halfback Mathew Head for a further two years, keeping him at the club until the end of 2008.

Head, 24, joined the Dragons in 2000 and has been a pivotal member of the team despite an injury-crippled past couple of seasons. "I'm very happy to be staying at the Dragons and to have my future sorted for the next two years," he said.
"The club has been great to me, especially in recent times when I have been sidelined for extended periods through injury.
"I am looking forward to repaying the club's confidence in me and am excited about the prospects of success with St George Illawarra."
Dragons boss Peter Doust said he is pleased to retain such a key player.
"We all know how important a halfback is to a team's success and Mathew has all the right credentials," said Doust.
Dragons coach Nathan Brown is equally as excited and relieved that the club has finalised negotiations.
"Heady is a really talented player and my confidence in his ability has always been there," he said.

"He reads the game very well and makes the people around him look good."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19562607-23214,00.html