What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

yy_cheng

Coach
eelavation said:
Mate, he's got no idea, Ben Creigh would be a God at our club, compared to we already have there.

Our 2nd row could be like Mars and Jupiter.

2 GODS.

11. God - H
12. God - C

As they say, 2 gods are better than 1

pazzaeel

Juniors
talkin sport, there could be something in it as Richard Freedman host the program, brother of trainer, Lee

i thought she had a couple of campaigns left in her. would love to see her going round again. most likely taking the piss though.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
i thought she had a couple of campaigns left in her. would love to see her going round again. most likely taking the piss though.

tbh, I don't think it'll happen and I actually hope it doesn't.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
tbh, I don't think it'll happen and I actually hope it doesn't.
yeah hope she doesn't make a comeback shes got nothing left to prove plus she'll be carrying the grandstand.santic has enough money as well

Gronk

Staff member
The market is open as transfer merry-go-round swings into action

Brad Walter
June 24, 2006

MORE than 10 representative stars head one of the biggest lists of players available to join rival clubs in what will be the NRL's final post-June 30 transfer period beginning next weekend.

Despite the flurry of players already having signed with other clubs or given permission to negotiate - prompting NRL chief executive David Gallop to this week advise of plans to scrap the anti-tampering rule - up to 70 footballers will wait until Saturday to test their value on the open market.

Among those still unsigned are Kiwi Test stars Roy Asotasi, Brent Webb and Jake Webster, Queensland Origin forwards Nate Myles and Jacob Lillyman, Kangaroos fullback Karmichael Hunt, former Maroons stars Clinton Schifcofske, Josh Hannay and Chris Walker and ex-Australia internationals Craig Fitzgibbon, Adam MacDougall and Richard Villasanti.

They would have been joined by Sydney Roosters fullback Anthony Minichiello, St George Illawarra halfback Mathew Head and Bulldogs fullback Luke Patten but the big-name trio re-signed yesterday with their respective clubs.

Minichiello, who hopes to return from a back injury within the next six weeks, agreed to a contract extension which will see the Golden Boot winner stay at the Roosters for another three years, while Head and Patten each re-signed until 2008.

Dragons prop Michael Henderson is set to be announced as Gold Coast Titans' latest recruit, while a number of other deals are believed to be near completion.

Apart from Patten, the Bulldogs this week retained former Test centre Willie Tonga and are still in the hunt for Dragons rookie Daryl Millard, as are Canberra, Cronulla, the Roosters and North Queensland. Myles has been linked to Brisbane as well as the Roosters, who have lost Great Britain prop Adrian Morley to Warrington and City Origin centre Ryan Cross to rugby union.

Fitzgibbon is expected to accept a one-year deal to remain at the Bondi-based club he captains, and the Roosters have also been heavily linked to St George Illawarra forward Ashton Sims.

The Sharks expect to re-sign second-rower Lance Thompson and goalkicking winger Luke Covell but are in the market for a centre after losing Nigel Vagana to Souths and Phil Bailey to Wigan, while failing to reach agreement with Beau Scott.

Penrith's focus is also on outside backs and they are expected to weigh in heavily for former Parramatta and Australia centre Jamie Lyon, back from St Helens.

Newcastle international Matt Gidley is set to be released to replace Lyon at St Helens and a straight swap has been mooted. The Knights are also believed to be considering the Eels' Brett Delaney and ex-Sharks centre Ryan McGoldrick, now at Castleford.

Wakefield playmaker Ben Jeffries is also planning to return to Australia after previous stints with the Dragons and Wests Tigers. His agent Mark Rowan has sent tapes of his performances in Super League to the Rabbitohs and Broncos.

The Tigers hope to learn by Monday whether Eels utility John Morris will join them as a replacement for Gold Coast-bound halfback Scott Prince, with Manly's Travis Burns looming as another option in a possible indication that the Sea Eagles believe they will land Lyon.

The Rabbitohs are also expected to table a formal offer to Canberra five-eighth Jason Smith on Monday and Schifcofske has not ruled out exercising a get-out clause two years before his contract with the Raiders expires, despite negotiations with rugby union failing to yield a suitable offer.

Leeds, who have lost England international Richard Mathers to Gold Coast and missed out on Patten, are in the market for a fullback and may target the Canberra captain or Webb.

PLAYERS ON THE MARKET

FULLBACKS

Shaun Foley (Roosters), Clint Greenshields (Dragons), Karmichael Hunt (Broncos), Wade McKinnon (Eels), Todd Polglase (Souths), Clinton Schifcofske (Raiders), David Seage (Knights), Brent Webb (Warriors).

WINGERS

Colin Best (Dragons), Leon Bott (Broncos), Marshall Chalk (Raiders), Luke Covell (Sharks), Trent Cutler (Bulldogs), Daniel Fitzhenry (Tigers), Michael Gordon (Panthers), Luke MacDougall (Souths), Vince Mellars (Roosters), Chris Walker (Storm).

CENTRES

Gavin Cooper (Cowboys), Brett Delaney (Eels), Shane Elford (Tigers), Andrew Emelio (Bulldogs), Danny Galea (Panthers), Josh Hannay (Cowboys), Adam MacDougall (Souths), Daryl Millard (Dragons), Beau Scott (Sharks), Jake Webster (Storm).

HALVES

Travis Burns (Manly), John Morris (Eels), Ben Reynolds (Tigers), Chris Sheppard (Dragons), Jason Smith (Raiders), Ben Walker (Souths), Joe Williams (Souths).

BACK-ROWERS

Matt Bickerstaff (Dragons), Ben Creagh (Dragons), Awen Guttenbeil (Warriors), Sam Isemonger (Dragons), Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters), Matt Hilder (Sharks), Jacob Lillyman (Cowboys), Todd Lowrie (Knights), Terry Martin (Raiders), Dallas McIlwain (Bulldogs), Mark Minichiello (Souths), Brad Morrin (Bulldogs), Nate Myles (Bulldogs), Nigel Plum (Roosters), Shane Rigon (Souths), Alan Rothery (Raiders), Ashton Sims (Dragons), David Stagg (Broncos), Lance Thompson (Sharks).

PROPS

Roy Asotasi (Bulldogs), Mark Bryant (Manly), Aaron Cannings (Eels), Michael Henderson (Dragons), Hutch Maiava (Sharks), Manase Manuokafoa (Souths), Adam Peek (Eels), Justin Poore (Dragons), Craig Stapleton (Panthers), James Stosic (Sharks), Richard Villasanti (Sharks).

HOOKERS

John Doyle (Roosters), Aaron Gorrell (Dragons), George Ndaira (Dragons), Shane Walker (Souths).

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/t...1150845382617.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Parra Guru

Coach
Greenshields is one I would have thought they would keep. Switching Hornby to #6 instead of Gasnier.

I honestly think any of the Dragons forwards mentioned above would be great, in particular Creagh, Poore and Bickerstaff.

Would anyone be interested in Trav Burns at #6?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
very interested might be a chance if judas is going to manly also depends what happens with green

Hurriflatch

Referee
Burns is the best of a poor selection of avaliable halves

tbh, based on that list I'd prefer to throw a bit more money Morris' way and keep him

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Burns is the best of a poor selection of avaliable halves

tbh, based on that list I'd prefer to throw a bit more money Morris' way and keep him

I actualy think that Burns is a better option than Morris. however, I really believe we should keep Blake.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Burns has more unfilled potential then Morris

Morris won't get any better then his 2005 season
Burns ahould get better then he has gone this year and that could well mean he goes better then Morris did last year

however

next year will be Burns 2nd year and well we all know what happens in you're 2nd year

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Burns has more unfilled potential then Morris

Morris won't get any better then his 2005 season
Burns ahould get better then he has gone this year and that could well mean he goes better then Morris did last year

however

next year will be Burns 2nd year and well we all know what happens in you're 2nd year

I don't believe in second year Hokus-pokus!!

I just think he's more naturaly gifted in that area than Johnny who's quite an acomplished hooker, Johnny and Tims for last year was due to a forward pack that dominated constantly last year, so i believe we should get that area fixed first.

scottyeel

Bench
I don't mind Burns as a player, would like to see him play for us. He has a bit of talent and a lot of heart, seems to give his all every game. Go after him I reckon.