What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

James_Hardie

Juniors
I would go for Michael Henderson and Tuimavave for the pack.

Travis Burns for 5/8. Hard running and good defender. Just needs to improve his kicking game.

I think you would get all three for pretty good value.

Bigfella

Coach
I suspect that players such as Head and Weyman who have missed an enormous amount of football will give their current clubs first option; they will feel that they owe them something.

Freak2

Juniors
Year 2007 = The year Nathan Hindmarsh moves to the front row!!

1. Mckinnon
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. B. Green
7. T. Smith / J. Smith
13. Delaney
12. Robinson
11. Wagon
10. Hindmarsh
9. Morris
8. Cayless

14. Riddell
15. Moimoi
16. Ben Creagh
17. Tsoulos

We have talked and talked and talked about developing our juniors who have been so dominating for seasons. No real need to change real much IMO.

Y2Eel

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
I would go for Michael Henderson and Tuimavave for the pack.

Travis Burns for 5/8. Hard running and good defender. Just needs to improve his kicking game.

I think you would get all three for pretty good value.

just resign m witt atleast he doesnt give 100 penalties agame away

James_Hardie

Juniors
Y2Eel said:

He does give away the odd penalty, that is a fair comment. But when you are brought up through the ill-disciplined ranks of Manly, it would be hard not to. But to be fair most of the penalties he gives away are for the odd high tackle (slap in the face variety). He doesn't give away penalties through poor dicipline or brain explosions so to speak.

I think he has a good future.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:

I have a feeling that Witt will ever be welcomed back at the club. and I'm not talking about fans either.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
number8 said:
Ideal team round 1 2007
1. Hayne
2. Inu
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Kevin Sinfield
7. Danny McGuire
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Fuifui
11. Hindmarsh
12. Riddell
13. Nigel Plum

14. Denis Moran
15. Dean Widders
16. Lance Thompson
17. David Solomona

Moran gets released from bottom of the table Wigan, but he's good enough for us? Riddell a second rower? And McGuire is nothing more than a lethal support player, he has no kicking game and his passing is sub standard. Sinfield is a good lock but in no way a five-eighth, he doesn't have the skills or vision.

Can't argue too much with the rest but I can tell you, Thompson and Solomona wouldn't come to us to play off the bench, and I think you'd need at least one prop on the bench. I don't know why you'd want Ali either, he is struggling with form and fitness in the ESL and I can't see a move to the NRL changing that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Panthers_God said:
Does anybody know whats going to happen to Minicheillo. Is he going to stay at the Roosters?

you're asking us???? :? ...not sure mate, we also don't know who shot JFK.

stuke

Bench
Fitzgibbon would be fantastic for our pack, replacing morrison and giving the young guys some time to come through. i would guess he would command some serious $$ though.

Roosters seem to be clearing the decks and making some cash available....

lucablight

First Grade
stuke said:
Fitzgibbon would be fantastic for our pack, replacing morrison and giving the young guys some time to come through. i would guess he would command some serious $$ though.

Roosters seem to be clearing the decks and making some cash available....

A forward who doesn't go forward! Exactly the signing we need because we don't have enough of those types of players right now.

Latest posts