What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 2007 - signings and departures

Angry_eel

First Grade
lucablight said:
A forward who doesn't go forward! Exactly the signing we need because we don't have enough of those types of players right now.
he isn't the kind of forward we are looking for but he is a hindy type meaning he can also be a tacking machine and take some pressure off hindy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes. Yes he is. Allow me to rephrase:

A player in the style of Ben Kennedy (ie: hard-running and a good offloader) would be of great benefit to us.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Yes. Yes he is. Allow me to rephrase:

A player in the style of Ben Kennedy (ie: hard-running and a good offloader) would be of great benefit to us.
i doubt many players like kennedy come everyday and they especially don't knock on people' s doors for a contract usually they are hot property.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, we have to think outside the square!

People have said Creagh...What about this youngster, Jacob Selmes?

He's about 190cm and 114kg or something...Mason-esque height and weight...He could be our very own Mason IF we sign him...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Angry_eel said:
he isn't the kind of forward we are looking for but he is a hindy type meaning he can also be a tacking machine and take some pressure off hindy.

Flopzgibbon doesn't take pressure off anyone, in fact I think he'd be putting a fair bit of pressure on when he is lying on his own team mates backs in every tackle he makes.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Well, we have to think outside the square!

People have said Creagh...What about this youngster, Jacob Selmes?

He's about 190cm and 114kg or something...Mason-esque height and weight...He could be our very own Mason IF we sign him...
lol Eele you might be a little bit late. i searched for the name and apparantely he is an eel as one of the poster says in the Sharks Forum. Anyway, the guy is massive but he also has a bad behaviour towards fellow players. see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Selmes

but can he play FG next year. Bythway, the other player in the altercation Maeva is massive though.

Angry_eel

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Flopzgibbon doesn't take pressure off anyone, in fact I think he'd be putting a fair bit of pressure on when he is lying on his own team mates backs in every tackle he makes.
Maybe my memory is going bad but wasn't he the second best tackler after hindy in origin a couple of years ago. BytheWay, i didn't say we should sign him, i was only saying if we don't get anyone looking at him might not be too bad.

jason taylor

Bench
Selmes is not a play that has had bad behaviour Hutch punched him so who would want a player taht punches other players i think he would be a good buy

Eelementary

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
lol Eele you might be a little bit late. i searched for the name and apparantely he is an eel as one of the poster says in the Sharks Forum. Anyway, the guy is massive but he also has a bad behaviour towards fellow players. see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Selmes

but can he play FG next year. Bythway, the other player in the altercation Maeva is massive though.

Yeah, that's where I heard it from lol.

To me, the behavioural issue isn't that much of a problem - we always seems to be able to sort those things out at Parramatta, you know?

I mean, Jeremy Smith himself was involved in a bit of boff with then-teammate Jason Williams.

Angry_eel

First Grade
jason taylor said:
Selmes is not a play that has had bad behaviour Hutch punched him so who would want a player taht punches other players i think he would be a good buy
Noone punches a teammate without a good reason.

Eelementary

Post Whore
From what I recall, Maiava dared Selmes to bench press as much as he could, Selmes said no and they got stuck into it.

It may not be 100% accurate, but I remember that it was a fight over the stupidest thing. And Hutch got suspended, not Selmes - because I think Hutch started it lol.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Eelementary said:
From what I recall, Maiava dared Selmes to bench press as much as he could, Selmes said no and they got stuck into it.

It may not be 100% accurate, but I remember that it was a fight over the stupidest thing. And Hutch got suspended, not Selmes - because I think Hutch started it lol.
oh well. anyway Eele any other propes in other clubs. dragons have a fair few.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
from what i can remember, selmes was the "victim" in that dispute, correct me if im wrong though.

he was touted as the next big thing out shire way this year or last, but luke douglas has pushed him back in the pecking order

number8

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Moran gets released from bottom of the table Wigan, but he's good enough for us? Riddell a second rower? And McGuire is nothing more than a lethal support player, he has no kicking game and his passing is sub standard. Sinfield is a good lock but in no way a five-eighth, he doesn't have the skills or vision.

Can't argue too much with the rest but I can tell you, Thompson and Solomona wouldn't come to us to play off the bench, and I think you'd need at least one prop on the bench. I don't know why you'd want Ali either, he is struggling with form and fitness in the ESL and I can't see a move to the NRL changing that.

My post had you read all of it, mentioned that Solomona & Thompson would be in the Front Row rotation. Both have played plenty of front row & well. It's not a position that is foreign to them by any stretch & I think the way they play suits what we need here.

Moran I also said has had a bad year, but prior to Wigan & every year since he left here, he had been killing it over there. Good players don't turn to sh*t in that short a time even if the team is up to sh*t. Thats like saying McKinnon, Morris or Morrison would be bad buys because they play for Parramatta.

Lauititi won a game for Leeds the other week coming from behind. He turned the game for them & got the momentum to switch. He is a very capable game breaker & is every bit the player Solomona is.

As for your thoughts on Sinfield & McGuire I couldn't disagree more but that's your opinion & thats fine.

I just picked my team, that I think would be a realistic proposition under cap, & one that I'd like to see. I wasn't looking to please anyone but myself. You mightn't, but I'd love to see that team go around.

Latest posts