What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

eloquentEEL

First Grade
No, but it might say something like $200,000 the year after his 1st grade debut, or $120,000 if he makes junior rep teams

True EEL

Bench
Morris for 2-3 years would be very wise and make him the 5/8th and just settle on that

apart from other re-signings such as with Timmy!!! and PJ......can we not go down the June 30 road????? i think Parra has great playing talent at the moment and great depth in the lower grades.....even if this season peters out and we don't go as well as we had hoped (and pray to god it doesn't and we go in the opposite direction) i don't think we honestly need to go after any players or certainly not many.....

i think we need consolidation of what we have got and stability in the club and off-season for the first time in many years............

The Colonel

Immortal
Re-sign those that we need and look after the junior talent and work on maintaining our depth. With last season's buys we don't need any players of first grade quality IMO. If we manage to pick up some kids with potential like we did last year..... all the better.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
we need at least 1 new centre

by then end of the June deadline we may not need a new centre, Give Benny Smith a go!!

Also, don't rule out Brett Delaney who's in great form in PL as well as Luke O'Dwyer, Ben Farrer and if we're really desperate Ash Graham.

hindy_fan

Juniors
i say let vella go,sure he is a good player but he wants to much money if we let him go it will free up some money in the salary cap, we have alot of young guns coming through that can replace vella with ease and would play for half as much as vella, and as for peterson im not to certain on him, he is an average player at best.

Stagger eel

Staff member
hindy_fan said:
i say let vella go,sure he is a good player but he wants to much money if we let him go it will free up some money in the salary cap, we have alot of young guns coming through that can replace vella with ease and would play for half as much as vella, and as for peterson im not to certain on him, he is an average player at best.

as with most players coming off contract, an offer will be made and depending on what direction the club want to take depends on the size of contract, the club don't want to insult insult Mick by giving him a contract he'd be embarresed by so it would be interesting to see what happens there.

Suitman

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Vella, but he is holding out for more money. I say let him leave unless he settles for about $150,000 per year max.

Thats still more than twice as much as most of us make and for what? Playing Rugby League.
Vella should make the most of his quickly diminishing opportunites.
If that means more money somewhere else, then so be it.

Suity

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Vella has done nothin since signing his Million dollar contract 3-4 years ago. And now he wants MORE!!!! Hahahahahaha. He cant even make City-Country little own anything else. Id offer him $120,000. Take it or go somewhere else.

Redback71

First Grade
jason cayless is another id go for his the type of player we need and his not happy with the offer from the roosters

eelusive

Juniors
Redback71 said:
jason cayless is another id go for his the type of player we need and his not happy with the offer from the roosters
yeah heard that on the footy show.. maybe brother nathan can lure him back

Hurriflatch

Referee
_mUSASHI_ said:
Vella has done nothin since signing his Million dollar contract 3-4 years ago. And now he wants MORE!!!! Hahahahahaha. He cant even make City-Country little own anything else. Id offer him $120,000. Take it or go somewhere else.

More and holding out are two different things

Vella lets say is on $250,000 this year.

He may well have been offered $100,000 this year but is holding out for $150,000.

bartman

Immortal
I was going to ask if anyone knew if he was holding out for more than he is currently on, or more than the first offer made. Despite everything, if Vella is looking for more than he is currently on, the only place he'd get it is England, taking advantage of a favourable exchange rate...

The Colonel

Immortal
Redback71 said:
players that i may go for if available r king from the storm and bailey from the sharks

Bailey from the Dragons would be a better pick up personally however he is after big bickies. (Phil Bailey is still on contract for a while yet) I think we may have our own King in Benny Smith personally.

_mUSASHI_ said:
Vella has done nothin since signing his Million dollar contract 3-4 years ago. And now he wants MORE!!!! Hahahahahaha. He cant even make City-Country little own anything else. Id offer him $120,000. Take it or go somewhere else

True but what is he holding out for? No one in their right mind would offer him the money he got four years ago and rightly so. If he was offered $100k and is holding out for a bit more than I don't see the harm.

The Colonel

Immortal
Redback71 said:

As many others have said - he won't come back. He'll end up in England....

Phillips said:
we need at least 1 new centre

Surely you can be suggesting that Wagon be left out???:shock: :D

If he hasnt been mentioned in this thread, does that mean he is GORNSKIIIIIII????

(I have my fingers crossed:) )

The Colonel

Immortal
NorthShoreEel said:
Surely you can be suggesting that Wagon be left out???:shock: :D

If he hasnt been mentioned in this thread, does that mean he is GORNSKIIIIIII????

(I have my fingers crossed:) )
No - he'll be playing lock....;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
The next few weeks will be very interesting for any of our players off contract. Any juniors that are looking for a start and that have shown promise will be keenly sort after by the Coast.

Morris, Widders and our first graders will be chased so it will be imperative they are signed before June 30.

Latest posts