What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, not that the Gold Coast is official gotta get some of these players signed

Gold Coast will be on the look out for any players off contract come June 30th.

Even better now that Tim Smith and PJ Marsh have been signed early to keep them well away from any Gold Coast management.

Widders and Morris are the next two.

This could make life very interesting for Vella and Wagon both players don't need to be re-signed by Parra and could get a little more from the Gold Coast then they could from Parramatta.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think there'll be a spate of 1 year deals all round because not it's just the Gold Coast who would be after players it's other clubs that lose players to the GC, will also be on the market to replace them.

very interesting indeed.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just one question

are the Gold Coast also bound to the June 30th thing?

even though in reality no teams actually wait till JUne 30th to talk

Wagonator

Juniors
NO NOT WAGON lol. I think Wags will get a 1 year deal and then see out his career on the Gold Coast, not to far from Yamba right?

Sign Widders, Morris, Grothe now!

Jason Cayless would be nice.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Just one question

you'd think that they'd have to be bound to June 30, 2006

but i'm sure they'll find a way of getting an indication to some players

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Just one question

yes they should be, every other club were including Souths when they were reinstated in 01.

The Colonel

Immortal
They are bopund by the June 30 deadline like every other club. I can see a dfew signings being made come June 30 with those players looking for a 12 month deal then as well.

Joel Reddy, Brett Anderson, Daniel Backo, Kurt Sorensen would be potential targets next year.

Luke O'Dwyer, Marcus Perenara, Wagon, Vella, Morris, Widders - very much potential targets this year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eloquentEEL said:
you'd think that they'd have to be bound to June 30, 2006

but i'm sure they'll find a way of getting an indication to some players

To be honest that would be stupid

You can see teams signing all their good players to long term deals if that is the case.

and then you have players who would struggle to make the bench in reggies for other teams being the star players for the Gold Coast.

One of the big arguments as to when to bring a new side into the comp was to allow time for them to assemble a decent side.

I'm expecting Luke O'Dwyer to be one of the 1st signings for ther Gold Coast team he is a local boy and off contract.

Might hang around Parra for 2006 but I'd say it is all but confirmed he is going home in 2007.

I'd love to see the G.C sign Lyon just to stick it up the Manly people.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Colonel said:
They are bopund by the June 30 deadline like every other club. I can see a dfew signings being made come June 30 with those players looking for a 12 month deal then as well.

Joel Reddy, Brett Anderson, Daniel Backo, Kurt Sorensen would be potential targets next year.

Luke O'Dwyer, Marcus Perenara, Wagon, Vella, Morris, Widders - very much potential targets this year.

Are you sure Reddy, Ando, Backo and Sorensen are all off contract next year?

The Colonel

Immortal
Backo signed a two year deal. Unsure of Sorensen however he was a Burleigh junior.

Didn't realise Joel had signed for that long.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I don't konw how Reddy is a Queenslander

played for Yarrawarra (Cronulla Juniors) then moved to Adelaide and the AIS before coming to Parra.

Might have been born there but that would be about it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Backo signed a two year deal. Unsure of Sorensen however he was a Burleigh junior.

Didn't realise Joel had signed for that long.

yeah! it was announced in rugby league review last year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
I don't konw how Reddy is a Queenslander

played for Yarrawarra (Cronulla Juniors) then moved to Adelaide and the AIS before coming to Parra.

Might have been born there but that would be about it.

I thought he declared his allegiance not long ago.

Ash Graham could be another potential target - off contract next year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Very good news tho that both Reddy and Hayne are signed to long term deals.

looks like the club has learnt to keep the best of the youngsters under long term deal before they make it big and get hounded by other clubs.

Now lets hope Backo, Inu, J.Williams and at least one of Green (currently signed till end of 2006) and Perenara.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Colonel said:
I thought he declared his allegiance not long ago.

Ash Graham could be another potential target - off contract next year.

Reddy would be one of those players who basically gets to pick who he plays for due to the unusal nature of his junior career.

He may well have picked Queensland cuase of his old man but that doesn't mean he is a Queenslander in the true sense of the word. (ie gay and stupid :lol: )

Jodeci

Bench
Brett Anderson is off contract end of this yr and the club will not be re-signing him

Backo, McGougan will be looking at signing with the Gold Coast in 2007

Feleti will not be returning next yr

Add to that, O'Dwyer and Mucket could be Gold Coast possibilities

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Muckert is almost a certainty I think for the Coast. Might hang around for one more year though but he'll want a fresh start.

I don't think Mateo will be back either, he'll end up at another club or stay in the ESL. But Ando? I thought he was supposed to be bloody good?

Latest posts