What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

Pazza

First Grade
Nathan Cayless, Jason Cayless and Paul Stringer would be a awesome front row rotation. Such hars workers, they would ensure that we get ontop of most packs.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's been mentioned in other threads but according to todays papers it's rumoured Parra are after Jason Stevens.

Suitman

Post Whore
bartman said:
Noooo! What for??

The club feels that they need a virgin to help their moral cause.

If Stevens signs, and I was Hindy, I'd make sure I didn't show any more crack.

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
Clinton is fat and soft

seriously, when he came on in the 2nd half at about the 55th min mark he needed to come off like 5 mins later cause he was stuffed.

bartman

Immortal
I'm not sure we need to chase any props, unless someone is retiring or a younger prospect (Cordoba, Jack Afa) is leaving? If we do sign one it should be a guy with his career still in front of him, not someone who is fading away...

Phillips

Referee
Steven Bell, this bloke is off contract and is one of the most under-rated players in the game, unlucky not too play Origin, I reckon we should go all out for him.

2006 [-o<

1. Wade McKinnon 2. Jamaal Lolesi 3. Steven Bell 4. Timana Tahu 5. Eric Grothe 6. John Morris 7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless 9. Mark Riddell 10. Paul Stringer 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Glenn Morrison 13. Henry Perenara
14. Aaron Cannings 15. Chad Robinson 16. Dean Widders 17. PJ Marsh

Reserves: Justin Tsoulos, Fuifui Moimoi, Peter Lewis, Jack Afamasaga,
Joel Reddy, Ben Smith, Marcus Perenara, Ian Henderson etc etc.

Macca_

Coach
Yeah I'm a fan of Steve Bell. Always had him in my VNRL teams :D

Would like to see him at Parra.

But really its hard to fit guys in when you look at what we got and what we have coming through the ranks too.

Macca_

bartman

Immortal
Jodeci said:
Brett Anderson is off contract end of this yr and the club will not be re-signing him

Backo, McGougan will be looking at signing with the Gold Coast in 2007

Feleti will not be returning next yr

Add to that, O'Dwyer and Mucket could be Gold Coast possibilities

The Feleti thing would not surprise me at all. London is a long way to go just to play 15 games and then come back to Parra next year. That's why I was saying to "watch this space" despite the clubs confirming it is a "loan".

Pazza

First Grade
My Idea of 2006

1.Mckinnon
2.Petersen
3.Tahu
4.Smith
5.Grothe
6.Peneara/Green
7.Smith
8.N Cayless
9.Riddell
10.J Cayless
11.Hindmarsh
12.Morrison
13.Morris

14.Marsh
15.Widders
16.Stringer
17.Cannings

Stagger eel

Staff member
Phillips said:
did Jason Cayless leave under bad terms?

I don't really know! all I know is that he felt he wasn't getting the look in at first grade that he thought he should of. And other sources strongly suggest he will never come back to the club under Smith.

Avenger

Immortal
If Vella and Morris leave we will have more then enough to sign Bailey. If Morris stays then Cannings should be released to accomodate Bailey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
If Vella and Morris leave we will have more then enough to sign Bailey. If Morris stays then Cannings should be released to accomodate Bailey.

our problem with Az is that there has to be another who's willing to pay somewhere around what his currently on to make it worthwhile, I also keep hearing that Bailey is a tug of war between Tigers and the Sharks.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Will need to find a club to take Cannings cause whatever the payout is will still come under Parra's salary cap also if he does go to another club the difference will be under Parra's cap also.

Lets say Cannings in on $200,000

and he signs with say the Knights for $120,000 then the remaining $80,000 will appear under Parra's cap.

Parra are actually paying Dykes to play for the Sharks and from memory it's about $100,000 maybe more that will disappear from the cap at the end of this year meaning Parra will get more to spend.

The only times it doesn't happen is when the other club picks up the entire contract which is one of the reasons why players are released to English clubs mid contract more so then NRL clubs.

Vaealiki's entire contract was picked up by Wigan as was Solomona's when he left for Warrington a couple of years ago.

Then cases like Lyon's are completely different due to it being a breach of contract on Jamie's part as opposed to a release from the club.

If Cannings walks then it could be a similar case.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Jason Cayless is last year's news. Nathan is the Cayless for 2005 and beyond.

(still wouldn't complain if we had Jason as well though)

Latest posts