What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30 Deadline - Re-signings and new signings, rumours and discussion

Pazza

First Grade
we got Cannings for one more season. Let stick with him, if he fires then great if he doesnt then he goes.

We need to sign a prop if Vella, Peek and Moimoi are off contract. I dont know who is off contract, Bailey and JC seem to be the best on the market. I wouldnt mind signing Stevens for 1 season. To pass on experiance to young forwards at the club just like Gary Larson in 2000.

Morris is a must sign, i couldn't believe that they would consider letting him leave.

The Colonel

Immortal
IMO Peek and Moi Moi will stay. Vella may go for more money if reports he wants more are true - probably the Tigers or to England.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
IMO Peek and Moi Moi will stay. Vella may go for more money if reports he wants more are true - probably the Tigers or to England.

I hear the Tigers could be the first club to announce a major signing in Luke Bailey pretty soon.

Avenger

Immortal
Last year pre June 30 Tahu was set to go to Manly, Riddell to the Sharks, Stringer to the Dogs and Morrison to the Tigers/UK. Come July 2004 Parra flew under the radar and signed them all. I think the same will happen this year but not to that magnitude.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Last year pre June 30 Tahu was set to go to Manly, Riddell to the Sharks, Stringer to the Dogs and Morrison to the Tigers/UK. Come July 2004 Parra flew under the radar and signed them all. I think the same will happen this year but not to that magnitude.

definetly not to that magnitude, but alot will depend on the retention of all our off contract players especially our 3 big guns Morris, Widders and Grothe, I can give or take the rest of them.

The Colonel

Immortal
Sounds about right. Hopefully he accepts that year......just for his influence on the younger players alone.

The Colonel

Immortal
According to RLW he is in talks and is keen to stay...... Hopefully we'll hear something before June 30

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
What about widders?? We can't let this bloke go, I am anticipating the day that he resigns!! Also must keeps, Fui fui, grothe, morris..vella I can deal with, our young forwards are coming good, atleast, thats what you guys tell us all?

Utey

Coach
You could tell Fui was worried after he hit Maiava. I think he will be very lucky to be resigned. I dont think other clubs will be crazy to chase him so that may be his saviour but his now a target and his been controlled well by opposition since the Cowboys game.

The Colonel said:
Sort of....... his manager has been having a chat apparently.
He has no choice - nobody else wants him.

Question is, why do we? He is overpriced and past his prime. Time to make some more room under the salary cap.

Latest posts