What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone free to play in 2023

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The reason provided by the NRL doesn’t cut it.

He almost killed someone.

No limits apparently. Do what you want.

Another reason why the public think us footy fans following our guys are dickheads.

Excuses for this kind of thing, pathetic.
You and the NRL didnt witness the incident, you don't have all the facts of the incident, the NRL is acting upon what is available currently to it and has allowed Amone to continue to play, you need to let it go until the court case is over. He is innocent until proven guilty, just because you don't like that, bad luck, let it go.

You and the NRL didnt witness the incident, you don't have all the facts of the incident, the NRL is acting upon what is available currently to it and has allowed Amone to continue to play, you need to let it go until the court case is over. He is innocent until proven guilty, just because you don't like that, bad luck, let it go.

He’s on bail which I think he shouldn’t be, he’s way too dangerous.

He’s facing very serious charges, up to 5 years full time custody. He flipped and he could flip again.

The roofie was lucky he wasn’t killed.

Do you think the car smashed its own windscreen in?

Do you think the NRL doesn’t make mistakes?

Just because you think he’s innocent,it doesn’t make you right.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
He’s on bail which I think he shouldn’t be, he’s way too dangerous.

He’s facing very serious charges, up to 5 years full time custody. He flipped and he could flip again.

The roofie was lucky he wasn’t killed.

Do you think the car smashed its own windscreen in?

Do you think the NRL doesn’t make mistakes?

Just because you think he’s innocent,it doesn’t make you right.

"He is way too dangerous", what a tool you are..
I never said he was innocent (as he didnt do it) or guilty, i said he is innocent until proven guilty and the NRL is acting according to it's own policy, you have had a hard on for Amone since the incident and won't let go, you found this thread and replied 10 days after the last comment, you need to let it go and let it run its course via the courts..

"He is way too dangerous", what a tool you are..
I never said he was innocent (as he didnt do it) or guilty, i said he is innocent until proven guilty and the NRL is acting according to it's own policy, you have had a hard on for Amone since the incident and won't let go, you found this thread and replied 10 days after the last comment, you need to let it go and let it run its course via the courts..

I’m entitled to share my views with the forum under the rules.

If a mod or hq have an issue, they will delete my posts.

Abusing me doesn’t help your argument.

If the law treated everyone as practically innocent before their court case, we would have alleged murderers and rapists walking the street.

Police are confident of a conviction or they wouldn’t have charged him.

Everyone has seen the ute and him running down the street with his mate. He wasn’t running there to shake his hand or sign an autograph.

At the moment, he’s not the calibre of person you need at sgi.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I’m entitled to share my views with the forum under the rules.

If a mod or hq have an issue, they will delete my posts.

Abusing me doesn’t help your argument.

If the law treated everyone as practically innocent before their court case, we would have alleged murderers and rapists walking the street.

Police are confident of a conviction or they wouldn’t have charged him.

Everyone has seen the ute and him running down the street with his mate. He wasn’t running there to shake his hand or sign an autograph.

At the moment, he’s not the calibre of person you need at sgi.
Police also charged TSailor and JDB, guess what..
"Everyone has seen the ute and him running down the street with his mate"
I didnt see it, im betting you didnt see it either, so let it go and IF he is convicted go for your life

Police also charged TSailor and JDB, guess what..
"Everyone has seen the ute and him running down the street with his mate"
I didnt see it, im betting you didnt see it either, so let it go and IF he is convicted go for your life

Not at all.

These are very different circumstances.

I’m not sure when you bought the forum and decided who can post and who can’t.

And what we can discuss and what we can’t,

Oh different circumstances, sorry my bad, i thought both charged by Police who were confident of a conviction and both "acquitted"....

AF063B62-FECF-46F5-ACFF-4FD19533918D.jpeg

I don’t see Tristan or JBD above?

F0E2A9C8-66EA-4583-AC0D-DB5E992A8988.jpeg

And I’m not sure if roofie agreed to having his ute smashed up?

You really think he’s the right fit for Sgi or the nrl?

He’s not the full quid.

Last edited:

hewi

Bench
Photos show Amone running, doesnt show him committing a crime, if you want to get technical on the matter, like i said courts will decide and after that you can bitch about it as much as you want, he is innocent until proven guilty that's how it is in this country.
innocent until proven guilty that's how it is in this country.

Unfortunately that is not the reality thou.

hewi

Bench
He has spent serious money on his barrister, John Korn is one of the best.

registered-breach-pixel

NRL star Junior Amone faces hearing over alleged tradie hammer attack​

A panicked call made during an alleged chaotic incident involving NRL playmaker Junior Amone and his father has been heard in court, with a man heard saying: [They have] f***ing hammers, f***ing knives, everything”.
Dylan Arvela Dylan Arvela
@dylanarvela

2 min read
August 17, 2023 - 12:41PM
Illawarra Star
Junior Amone has been named to start against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday. (Inset) Junior in front of his father Talatau Amone outside Wollongong courthouse.

Junior Amone has been named to start against the Melbourne Storm on Saturday. (Inset) Junior in front of his father Talatau Amone outside Wollongong courthouse.
The legal team of rising NRL playmaker Junior Amone has told the court police “got the wrong person” during a hearing into an alleged hammer attack in the Illawarra region.
The Dragons five-eighth, at the behest of his father Talatau Amone, allegedly swung a hammer at tradesman Jai King who tried to flee before falling off a roof.
However, Junior’s barrister John Korn told the Wollongong Local Court on Thursday “we accept he was there” but at “the time of the relevant events, he was not the person on the roof”.
The alleged incident kicked off on November 15 when Junior’s father – who was referred to as “Talatau” and “Senior” throughout proceedings – allegedly took umbrage with a Nissan Navara parked on a nature strip near the Amone family home on Vermont Rd, Warrawong.
The court heard distressed triple-0 calls made by Mr King during and after the alleged incident where he said “There’s 10 people jumping on the car, damaging it”.
Dragons player Junior Amone entering Wollongong Local Court on Thursday alongside his solicitor Elias Tabchouri. Picture: Dylan Arvela

Dragons player Junior Amone entering Wollongong Local Court on Thursday alongside his solicitor Elias Tabchouri. Picture: Dylan Arvela
“[They have] f***ing hammers, f***ing knives, everything,” he said before going silent.
The court heard Junior’s Dragons teammate Moses Suli gave a statement to police in relation to the incident. He has not been charged and is not accused of any wrongdoing.
Junior, 21, is defending charges of destroy or damage property, intimidation and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
Senior, 47, is defending charges of destroy or damage property, intimidation and entering a building or land with the intent to commit an indictable offence.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Anna Comer outlined the case against the father and son, alleging the pair along with a third person – with Junior holding onto a hammer – approached Mr King’s vehicle, climbed on top and repeatedly jumped on its roof, causing significant damage.
Mr King contacted triple-0 as the men allegedly climbed on top and threatened two tradies.
Junior Amone with his father Talatau Amone. Picture: Facebook

Junior Amone with his father Talatau Amone. Picture: Facebook
Junior allegedly swung the hammer towards Mr King, before chasing after him and ultimately causing him to fall off the two-storey building.
Junior was allegedly overheard telling the two co-accused “get the f--king c--t” as Mr King lay on the ground. Mr King hid in a nearby house and contacted emergency services again.
After being taken to hospital for treatment, Mr King allegedly told police Junior was the “main aggressor” during the incident.
Sgt Comer said his fingerprints were found on the victim’s vehicle as well as CCTV footage from Sydney Airport and Services NSW on the same day where he was wearing identical clothing.
The hearing before Magistrate Gabriel Fleming is expected to last at least two days

Local Court, downgraded

“Not the person on the roof” Id issue?

None of it very good.

If found guilty, I’d say he’s still gaol bound and probably would deserve it too.

Have to punish and deter this kind of thing, it’s pretty serious.

Mr King is lucky to be alive.

Haynsey had a good lawyer too.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Trying to decipher the article, today was Day 1? and its taking atleast 2 Days i.e. Tomorrow?

If they are disputing the very facts of the case, sounds like there is a lot to cover.. must be super distracting for Amone, but god knows who else we would play if he sat out.

Trying to decipher the article, today was Day 1? and its taking atleast 2 Days i.e. Tomorrow?

If they are disputing the very facts of the case, sounds like there is a lot to cover.. must be super distracting for Amone, but god knows who else we would play if he sat out.
Yes, the wrong guy is a very big factual difference.

Sounds like Plan B.

Will Amone “rat” on a friend then?

Will Amone go into evidence?

I suppose it may be wise if he does, unless of course he’s guilty.

hewi

Bench
Guilty beyond reasonable doubt means thru enough crap against wall and hope enough sticks. That’s what I think they r trying to do.

Guilty beyond reasonable doubt means thru enough crap against wall and hope enough sticks. That’s what I think they r trying to do.
Yeah, I get your point.

Roofs are not normally packed full of strangers to confuse a victim.

I don’t think Junior and co were wearing the same clothes etc.

It’s a big bold defence.

We saw the footage of Amone running to the scene. Did he pull up and his twin look a like, wearing exactly the same clothes, appear from nowhere grab the hammer and climb the ladder, chase and swing?

Happens all the time!

And if he hasn’t done it, could have broken the code too- inferring a mate did it.

A snitch?

If he has done it and is blaming a mate, that’s worse isn’t it?

Oh dear.

Last edited:

Latest posts