What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Reps Grand Final's this Saturday @ St Marys Leagues

http://www.parraeels.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25344

Parraeels.com.au said:
Watch Junior Reps Grand Final Preview!

5/05/2010 6:00:54 PM

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels will feature in both junior representative Grand Finals this weekend for the first time since 2007 after the Eels’ Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides qualified last weekend.

Coaches Chris Bradbury and Greg Boulous have named strong sides for the Grand Final, with Harold Matthews to kick off the big day at St Marys Leagues Stadium at 12.00pm against fellow Western Sydney powerhouse Penrith Panthers. SG Ball will play the Sydney Roosters at 2.00pm.

Both Grand Finals will exhibit the rising local talent to come from the Parramatta region, with 22 out of 23 players in the Harold Matthews squad coming directly from local clubs, while in SG Ball 19 out of 23 players are local.

Parramatta Eels Development and Elite Programs Manager Gareth Holmes believes Saturday’s Grand Final Day will showcase the effort and time the club has put into developing local talent.

“It is a pleasing result to have both teams in the Grand Final this year and this is a direct result of the efforts and resources that the club puts into developing our local juniors. I wish them all the very best for the weekend,” Mr Holmes said.

It has been more than 10 years since the Parramatta Eels have won the trophy in both grades, back in 1999, but overall SG Ball has won 11 times and Harold Matthews are 17-time Premiers.

The Harold Matthews side came first in their grade after going through undefeated, while SG Ball have come from third to make the decider. Parramatta Eels CEO Paul Osborne is excited about the future talent that will be on show this weekend.

“Our staff have developed local players like Jarryd Hayne, Kris and Matt Keating and Tim Mannah from the junior representative level in recent years and now the next crop of players will show the potential they hold for the future of this club,” Mr Osborne said.

“It’s very exciting to see our junior sides continue a proud tradition of successful development at the Eels.”

HAROLD MATTHEWS v Penrith Panthers, Saturday May 8, St Marys Stadium, 12.00pm
1. Corey Makelim
2. Jeremy King
3. Carlos Lopa
4. Danny Fualalo
5. Ben Fiso
6. Robbie Kamoto
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Frazer Masinamua (C)
9. Kaysa Pritchard
10. Pauli Pauli
11. Kalausa Leha
12. Kelepi Tanginoa
13. Chad McGill
INTERCHANGE
14. Zach Clay
15. Jordan Latham
16. Lomio Mafi
17. Christian Kagiassis
18. Tepai Moeroa
19. Nicholas Galatoulas
20. Jack Delaney
21. Nathan Rumsby
22. Jordie Hedges
23. Tepai Tepu-Smith
COACH: Chris Bradbury

SG BALL v Sydney Roosters, Saturday May 8, St Marys Stadium, 2.00pm
1. Chris Ulugia
2. Vai Toutai
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Wehbe
7. Jason Seage
8. Junior Paulo
9. Dean Blackman
10. Michael Inskip
11. Matthew Eisenhuth
12. Joseph Ualesi
13. Jake Lewis
INTERCHANGE
14. Troy Errington
15. Luke Fishburn
16. Josh Batalibasi
17. Josh Neale
18. Stefano Takafa
19. Cameron Picker
20. Sione Hehepoto
21. James Tuitahi
22. Jarrod Azar
23. Zacc Douglas
COACH: Greg Boulous

Looking forward to this, if anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon, they are more then welcome. It will be a good day at St Mary's Weather permitting.

If you follow the link there is a nice 4 minute interview with Gareth Holmes about our Junior Reps programs and comparing these boys to the 2003 2004 Harold Matthews side that featured the likes of Jarryd Hayne, Kris Inu, Trent Hodgkinson, Matt Keating and Tony Williams.

TheRam

Coach
Thanks MITS, great to see our juniors are continuing to do well. Any standouts in your opinion?

parra pete

Referee
How come the games start at 12 noon?
Good luck to both sides, and I look forward to reading and following MITS and parrachilean's match report and updates.
What ever happened to the Forum Member who had such a great insight into happenings in the juniors last year.
I used to really enjoy and appreciate his input.
I can't recall his forum name, but boy, he was a great source of information.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll be looking forward to this...I don't think we've ever done the double in junior reps.

parra pete

Referee
How come the games start at 12 noon?
Good luck to both sides, and I look forward to reading and following MITS and parrachilean's match report and updates.
What ever happened to the Forum Member who had such a great insight into happenings in the juniors last year.
I used to really enjoy and appreciate his input.
I can't recall his forum name, but boy, he was a great source of information.

Hang on, I'll be at Flemington Races on Saturday....have to follow up the results on Tuesday....when I'm back home...

Thanks MITS, great to see our juniors are continuing to do well. Any standouts in your opinion?

Mate, that is a huge ask.

HAROLD MATTHEWS

1. Corey Makelim - Strong from the back
6. Robbie Kamoto - Crafty
7. Mitchell Moses - Newphew of Ben Elias, good Player.
8. Frazer Masinamua (C) - Big and strong great leader.
10. Pauli Pauli - Follows Frazer quite well.
12. Kelepi Tanginoa - Speed and Skill.
14. Zach Clay - Dynamic.
18. Tepai Moeroa -Not as good as the other Tepai but still quite good.
23. Tepai Tepu-Smith - AWESOME!

SG BALL.

1. Chris Ulugia
2. Vai Toutai
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Wehbe
The Entire Back 6 will play first grade ball somewhere, I believe Gagan is a year young and prefers fullback. Wehbe played in this grade last year.

7. Jason Seage - Still looking for his first try, good kid.
8. Junior Paulo - Huge man
11. Matthew Eisenhuth - Strong Wide Runner.
INTERCHANGE
15. Luke Fishburn - Normally captain and a lock, good player.
20. Sione Hehepoto - Always get a try he is big and strong, want to see him take it to open age football after 2 years in the 20s.
22. Jarrod Azar - I rate this kid highly. Played up a year last year and was a stand out, this year has had an injury and is rested will be with the 20s squad for the rest of the year and the next 2.

I'll be looking forward to this...I don't think we've ever done the double in junior reps.

Twice, 1999 and 1988

HM Premierships
1970 Parramatta
1971 Parramatta
1972 Parramatta
1975 Parramatta
1976 Parramatta
1981 Parramatta
1982 Parramatta
1986 Parramatta
1988 Parramatta
1990 Parramatta
1994 Parramatta
1997 Parramatta
1998 Parramatta
1999 Parramatta
2003 Parramatta
2004 Parramatta
2008 Parramatta

SG Premierships

1966 Parramatta
1967 Parramatta
1968 Parramatta
1973 Parramatta
1983 Parramatta
1987 Parramatta
1988 Parramatta
1991 Parramatta
1993 Parramatta
1999 Parramatta
2007 Parramatta

Stagger eel

Staff member
well seeing it's been 10 years since our ast double than we must be due for another one..

parra pete

Referee

HAROLD MATTHEWS

14. Zach Clay - Dynamic.

SG BALL.

1. Chris Ulugia
2. Vai Toutai
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Wehbe
The Entire Back 6 will play first grade ball somewhere, I believe Gagan is a year young and prefers fullback. Wehbe played in this grade last year.

INTERCHANGE
20. Sione Hehepoto - Always get a try he is big and strong, want to see him take it to open age football after 2 years in the 20s.
22. Jarrod Azar - I rate this kid highly. Played up a year last year and was a stand out, this year has had an injury and is rested will be with the 20s squad for the rest of the year and the next 2.

Mark, you are unbelievable...:clap: :clap:

HAROLD MATTHEWS

14. Zach Clay - Dynamic.

SG BALL.

1. Chris Ulugia
2. Vai Toutai
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Wehbe

INTERCHANGE

Wow, we have some talent coming through, thanks MITS.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go this Saturday. It's a good little Stadium out St.Marys way.

TheRam

Coach

HAROLD MATTHEWS

14. Zach Clay - Dynamic.

SG BALL.

1. Chris Ulugia
2. Vai Toutai
3. Trent Jennings
4. Jacob Loko
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Wehbe

INTERCHANGE

Sorry MITS, I didn't mean to hassle you, but thanks for the info. Just tell me to rack off next time. Cheers.

TheRam

Coach
Mate he loves it...and his Eels. Truly Parra's No 1 FAN...without a doubt....

Well he really went the extra mile, all I expected was a couple of names to look out for. Much appreciated Mark, I really mean it, and yes he's a top line Parra fan no doubt.

parrachilean31

Juniors
Hey mits see on the weekend I'm sorry didn't do last weeks game bit nervous great effort for all that included from players to officials mits and I have been to every game from trials to all competition and it's been great . Onya mits for the job on telling parra fans of our boys in the juniors. Hope we can celebrate the wins on the weekend and maintain our dominance in the juniors

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Saw Parra HM last week and look a very good team. Massive kids across the park and will be very hard to beat.

Penrith have a few quality players in HM also. With the best being captain Bryce Cartwright, remember this name for the future.

Saw Parra HM last week and look a very good team. Massive kids across the park and will be very hard to beat.

Penrith have a few quality players in HM also. With the best being captain Bryce Cartwright, remember this name for the future.

Is he a family connection at the club Daz?

Latest posts