What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Vaivai stood down after assault conviction

Bazal

Post Whore
Joel Thompson had NO case to answer. As ruled by the DPP...NONE..
The charge against him was dropped and is not even recorded against him...
If you knew the circumstances you would agree with the DPP.....

You've heard one tale of events, I've heard another....I trust the impartiality bloke I heard it from more than the one you'll say you heard it from. Staggers point is more than valid too, given your wailing when he was charged about how he was a so called "lovely bloke". He most certainly isn't, and that's personal experience and all I'll say in public. I laugh every time you rage on the likes of Tim Smith and defend this bloke. I'm sure you know how small Canberra is, pete...

parra pete

Referee
You've heard one tale of events, I've heard another....I trust the impartiality bloke I heard it from more than the one you'll say you heard it from. Staggers point is more than valid too, given your wailing when he was charged about how he was a so called "lovely bloke". He most certainly isn't, and that's personal experience and all I'll say in public. I laugh every time you rage on the likes of Tim Smith and defend this bloke. I'm sure you know how small Canberra is, pete...

You should raise the matter again with the DPP IF you think you know the circumstances better than them, and IF you think there has been a travesty of justice.
Write letters to the Canberra Times and spell it out, but make sure you put your name to it, otherwise they won't print it..Go on, spill the beans, as you know them...
I do admire your stand on this and Junior's case.
One bloke convicted and put on a 2 year good behaviour bond, the other bloke has all charges dropped by the DPP because he did not have a case to answer..Are you for real?
Someone involved with the Raiders Club has hurt you real bad...Did you miss out on a trial/contract/or something? Who was it?
Let me know and I'll see if I can get them to send you a letter, a voucher, a signed poster, or something!!!!!
You know a different Joel than I know.....

Bazal

Post Whore
You should raise the matter again with the DPP IF you think you know the circumstances better than them, and IF you think there has been a travesty of justice.
Write letters to the Canberra Times and spell it out, but make sure you put your name to it, otherwise they won't print it..Go on, spill the beans, as you know them...
I do admire your stand on this and Junior's case.
One bloke convicted and put on a 2 year good behaviour bond, the other bloke has all charges dropped by the DPP because he did not have a case to answer..Are you for real?
Someone involved with the Raiders Club has hurt you real bad...Did you miss out on a trial/contract/or something? Who was it?
Let me know and I'll see if I can get them to send you a letter, a voucher, a signed poster, or something!!!!!
You know a different Joel than I know.....

I never said I know the details better than the DPP. I just know what I was told, pete, and I'm not going to discuss any of this on a public forum past what I said. Even if I did, it'd get deleted. Happy for you to contact me using the private message function to talk about this further.

Suitman

Post Whore
I never said I know the details better than the DPP. I just know what I was told, pete, and I'm not going to discuss any of this on a public forum past what I said. Even if I did, it'd get deleted. Happy for you to contact me using the private message function to talk about this further.

PM?

If you're lucky you'll only hear half his life story.

Suity

sportive cupid

Referee
hmmmmm...personal experience of what one impartial bloke says about another....I thought that would get the attention of Twizz or someone like that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hmmmmm...personal experience of what one impartial bloke says about another....I thought that would get the attention of Twizz or someone like that.

parra pete

Referee

Not interested. It's over, nothing more can be achieved. Joel was found by the DPP not to have a charge to answer, nor a charge to be recorded against him.
That is it as far as I am concerned, and any further suggestions are 'scurrilous'.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar nar

monkey-coloring-page-08.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
Not interested. It's over, nothing more can be achieved. Joel was found by the DPP not to have a charge to answer, nor a charge to be recorded against him.
That is it as far as I am concerned, and any further suggestions are 'scurrilous'.

To take a leaf of your guide to posting, pete...."There are none so blind as those who simply refuse to see".

parra pete

Referee
To take a leaf of your guide to posting, pete...."There are none so blind as those who simply refuse to see".

I know the whole story...and as I posted at the time, he had no case to answer and that is how it panned out. FULL STOP.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sounds like you're a chauvenist as well then.

That's bull mate.

It's chauvinistic to tolerate blokes bashing up girls. There's little to no doubt that men are the physically stronger sex - you won't find many arguments on that front.
[of course many women (most?) are stronger than ME - but that's another point]

For a bloke to bash a woman is cowardice and a low act. It IS worse than him bashing a guy - and that's not chauvinism, that's something that most people agree upon.

I could get into the 'why' of it all, but that'd bore a lot of people...

If VaiVai ends up coming to the club, I'll probably boo him. Not at all a fan of cowardly men who bash women!
I also think that guys who bash girls tend to do it because they're scared of other men - so for mine that's a black mark against VaiVai in a FOOTY sense (why sign up a chicken?)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's bull mate.

It's chauvinistic to tolerate blokes bashing up girls.

No, it's chauvenistic to think women are inferior.

If you tolerate men bashing women because you think women are inferior then yes, that's chauvenism. But if you don't tolerate men bashing women for the same reason - because you think women are inferior - then you're still a chauvenist.

There's little to no doubt that men are the physically stronger sex - you won't find many arguments on that front.
[of course many women (most?) are stronger than ME - but that's another point]

Well it's not another point at all. The only reason anybody bashes someone else is because they can - because they're stronger or more aggressive or have specific training that makes them better at fighting. Or because they know their victim won't fight back for whatever reason.

The point is, you won't bash anyone if you're unable to. This is not to say that just because you can bash someone you will. Just in case you try to put those words in my mouth.

So again, you've made the point that some women can bash some men. By your logic that should change the dynamic - whether or not it's acceptable for these particular men to raise a hand against these particular women.

But this still misses the point that not all men are equal. Junior Vaivai is a huge, strong, aggressive bloke. He can beat most men in a fight. Why is it any more acceptable for him to bash other blokes than it is for him to bash women?

Where's the f**king logic there?

And if it's not acceptable for him to bash other men then why do we need to make blanket statements about it being wrong to bash women? It's statements like this that are directly responsible for the vast majority of assault victims being men.

But we make a song and dance about violence against women as though violence against men is acceptable.

Wilson Duque was a victim of 'acceptable' violence and now his wife is a widow, and her baby is going to grow up without a dad.

Further to that, when men are victims of violence they are far more likely to be knifed or hit with an object, and are far more likely to suffer death or serious injury than women.

But violence against men is somehow more acceptable?

For a bloke to bash a woman is cowardice and a low act. It IS worse than him bashing a guy - and that's not chauvinism, that's something that most people agree upon.

Most people agree on it because society still values men's lives much less than it values women. Look at the top of society and you'll see a small amount of men with all the money, all the fame, and all the power.

But how often do we look at the bottom of society? Down there it's all men too. But nobody gives a f**k.

You'll find that the vast majority of men who use violence - against anybody - are these guys at the bottom of society. And the reason they use violence is because it's the only thing they've got.

I could get into the 'why' of it all, but that'd bore a lot of people...

As you can see, I've got no problem with boring a lot of people.

If VaiVai ends up coming to the club, I'll probably boo him. Not at all a fan of cowardly men who bash women!

I also think that guys who bash girls tend to do it because they're scared of other men - so for mine that's a black mark against VaiVai in a FOOTY sense (why sign up a chicken?)

In my experience, men who bash women are prepared to use violence against anybody. Likewise, men who readily fight other men seem to have no issue with using violence against women, though usually it doesn't come to that because intimidation is enough.

In a society where men and women are equal, if we're going to heap adulation onto violent men, it's insane not to expect women to also become victims.

And I bet you wouldn't call Junior Vaivai a coward to his face.