What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Vaivai stood down after assault conviction

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't agree with what he has done, however if he doesn't have a history of violence or performing stupid acts like, I believe he deserves a second chance.

The kid is still young and everyone does stupid things in their life. Kearney and Osbourne should read him the riot act, and if he steps out of line again then his contract will be terminated.

Eels Dude

Coach
Probably thought he'd get a reduced sentence for an early plea.

Or hoping for a non conviction. Either way, if he pleads guilty to the charges layed before him then under the court of law he is guilty of those crimes. He must have had some bad legal advice, or was undoubtadly guilty to plead so just days after the incident occured.

sportive cupid

Referee
Mick I didnt know anything about the court case.I think I read the post wrong.I should have said

Was it the judge who said he smashed he gfs head into a metal bed post?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if he pleads guilty to the charges layed before him then under the court of law he is guilty of those crimes.

No, he has been found guilty of those crimes. He's legally guilty but it doesn't mean he did the crime.

The only people who know the truth of that are him and his girlfriend.

For the record, I'm sure he did it. But none of us can know for certain - a conviction literally doesn't prove anything.

sportive cupid

Referee
well it seems like someone did it .

Who was there at the time who could have done it?

Guess it's a 50/50 chance either way ehh?

Eels Dude

Coach
No, he has been found guilty of those crimes. He's legally guilty but it doesn't mean he did the crime.

The only people who know the truth of that are him and his girlfriend.

For the record, I'm sure he did it. But none of us can know for certain - a conviction literally doesn't prove anything.

It proves it under the eyes of the law, which is the only opinion that matters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon Vaivai was framed.

Let's think who would benefit from Vaivai being convicted of a crime... I'd look very closely at any off contract centres at his new club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To any organisations that refuse employment to people convicted of serious crimes. Or obtaining a work visa to the UK for the same reasons among other things.

Well mate, most footy fans are none of those things.

Sponsors might care though; I guess we'll find out how much.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sounds like you're a chauvenist as well then.

And I take it you'll be looking for a new club to follow if Vaivai is retained.

Latest posts