What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JUniors Moors gone

Hurriflatch

Referee
Normally I'd agree with you but with the lack of retention of the bigger names there is no excuse to lose a single junior

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Normally I'd agree with you but with the lack of retention of the bigger names there is no excuse to lose a single junior

:lol: You'd think we'd lost Brett Kenny or Peter Sterling the way some of you carry on. John is a very good WINGER.......who at this stage hasn't confirmed he is leaving or not.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I'm talking about the likes of Cordoba, Taia, Hauraki, Mateo, Green etc who have been retained by the club.

Mateo is staying? I thought he was a sure thing to leave.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I wasn't really refering to Joh himself

if John had been signed but Green had been the player unsigned or Weller or Delaney or Kris Keating etc

I would've said the same thing, it's just that the other players are all confirmed either staying or going.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
I wasn't really refering to Joh himself

if John had been signed but Green had been the player unsigned or Weller or Delaney or Kris Keating etc

I would've said the same thing, it's just that the other players are all confirmed either staying or going.

Given who is in front of John at this stage he could well be better off in another club where he has more chance of playing firsts. Given who we have kept to who may or may not be going we aren't doing too badly. 2007 may not be the year that we want but it could be the year we need..... ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
What is in front of him tho

If the backline is

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Ben Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe

Then you have
Luke Burt, Kris Inu and John Williams next in line and who's to say John isn't 1st in line

Hurriflatch

Referee
John's played a few games this year and next year Delaney, McKinnon, Petersen and O'Dwyer are all going so thats 4 less players ahead of him and only 1 (Inu) who might get ahead of him from this year

Kornstar

Coach
If we can get super fit in the off-season and play like the Tigers did last year, we have the talent to really give the comp a shake......

But we must be fit and enthusiastic, both of which being youthful will help!!

damo72

Juniors
No chance on Simpson now that he has resigned with the Knights for 4 years

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au

Simpson Signs

Friday, July 14, 2006 - Newcastle Knights

The Newcastle Knights are proud to announce Australian and New South Wales back rower, Steve Simpson, has agreed to terms for another four years.

A Singleton junior, the 27-year-old has taken another step towards playing out a one club career, set to wear the blue and red until at least the end of the 2010 season.

“Steve Simpson epitomises everything the club is about and is arguably one of the toughest players to ever pull on a Knights jersey,” said Knights Operations Manager, Stephen Crowe.

“His leadership and the strength he brings to our team is a huge asset and we’re extremely happy he’s decided his future is in Newcastle.”

Simpson made his First Grade debut in 1999 against Parramatta, he’s since played for Australia on six occasions. His representative career to date also includes nine State of Origin appearances and three caps for New South Wales Country.

“Simpson is one of the best local success stories this club has ever produced and his signature is a major boost for the Knights future,” said Knights CEO, Ken Conway.

“His retention was a major priority and I think we’re all breathing a collective sigh of relief over the deal being finalised.”

Phillips

Referee
<UPtheEELS> said:
PLAYER CLEANOUT! We needed it badly...

last yr we won the minor premiership, why would we need a cleanout

plus we have 'cleaned out' the wrong players...vella, wagon & burt are still with the club

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Then you have
Luke Burt, Kris Inu and John Williams next in line and who's to say John isn't 1st in line
Maybe he doesn't want to wait. He could get a starting spot straight off at a few clubs next year. He has been "first" in line for a while here.

cardinal

Juniors
Phillips said:

plus we have 'cleaned out' the wrong players...vella, wagon & burt are still with the club

Maybe you have not seen wagon play this year , I am glad he is playing for us next year has been one of our best forwards lately. Old habits die hard I guess you guys have been bashing him for years.

Phillips

Referee
cardinal said:
Maybe you have not seen wagon play this year , I am glad he is playing for us next year has been one of our best forwards lately. Old habits die hard I guess you guys have been bashing him for years.

im a wagon fan.

Utey

Coach
Phillips said:

we needed to do it badly imo. I cant find the word to say it though.

Phillips

Referee
i just dont see how the club that won the minor prem and was 1 game away from the GF needed a cleanout..

MrT

Juniors
Your on the money Phillips. It's an absolute joke this crap about needing a cleanout. I've never heard any club say, we need to lose a lot of players to weaken ourswelves. This is exactly what we have done.

A lot has been said about Morris and that he would never win us a premiership, but who did we replace him with?

Saying Widders is too expensive, but how much would he of resigned for?

One thing though, I will support the club as I do each year, but right now they are really frustrating me, going through dramas which were self inflicted

Latest posts