What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges

OVP

Coach
BY FAR, he is the best centre in the world right now. WOW !!

When he was at the Roosters in 2002, he single-handedly inspired the team to go on and keep winning until well into 2003. He had the most dominant and destructive game from ANYONE that i've seen since. He was truly brilliant that game, the Roosters had lost heaps in a row and were looking like we would miss the final 8. Then Hodgo played the greatest individual game i've ever seen ... from centre. From that moment on, noone could beat us.

(Btw, if anyone has a copy of this game on either VHS or DVD or whatever i'd pay all costs if you made me a copy ... would love to see that brilliant performance again :) )

He always had the talent when he was only a kid at the Roosters. Brisbane now are finally reaping all his experiences so far ... he is miles ahead of any centre atm, its not funny.

Agree ? Disagree ?

Raider_69

Post Whore
I rate him big time, great all round player
can attack and defend just as comfortably... he was the first outside back i picked for my fantasy team.
and i agree. He's the #1 centre in the game and has been for a few years now imo

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont tell the Channel Narne commentary team. Its Gasnier all the way.
I wouldnt swap Hodges for both Gasnier and Cooper

phonetic

Juniors
Here we go again.

Hodges is class, so is Gasnier. I'd take Gasnier in a heartbeat.. hang on, we've already got him.

Big Pete

Referee
Hayne? :lol:

Hodges is a superb player and is without a doubt up there with Inglis and Gasnier as one of the best centres in the world.

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne has played 2 games at centre, Just wait until he has played 50. Come back to this thread and the best centre in the world will be revealed.

twopac

OVP said:
BY FAR, he is the best centre in the world right now. WOW !!

When he was at the Roosters in 2002, he single-handedly inspired the team to go on and keep winning until well into 2003. He had the most dominant and destructive game from ANYONE that i've seen since. He was truly brilliant that game, the Roosters had lost heaps in a row and were looking like we would miss the final 8. Then Hodgo played the greatest individual game i've ever seen ... from centre. From that moment on, noone could beat us.

(Btw, if anyone has a copy of this game on either VHS or DVD or whatever i'd pay all costs if you made me a copy ... would love to see that brilliant performance again :) )

He always had the talent when he was only a kid at the Roosters. Brisbane now are finally reaping all his experiences so far ... he is miles ahead of any centre atm, its not funny.

Agree ? Disagree ?

He was a junior Bronco. Broncos always knew he was talented but he was a brat back then.
Bennett set him straight now though.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly he's only played 2 games. Way too soon to call even then though he's not up there with Hodges.

Avenger

Immortal
Hodges and Hayne are similar in that they are deceptively quick, with a straight and high running action similar to Michael Johnson the 200 metre sprinter

Avenger

Immortal
twopac said:
Hodges
Daylight
Gasnier
Folou/Hayne

Inglis doesn't even play centre much.

you kidding ? at the moment, Gasnier is better then Hodges. However Hodges is number 2.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hodges is awesome. Comfortably the best outside back in the game right now.

Even though he did the dirty on the Roosters i'll never forget some of the amazing performances he put in between, as OVP said, mid-2002 and his ACL in 2003.

Such a complete footballer and he's well and truly at the peak of his powers right now. Not just the best centre, but arguably one of the top 3 players in the NRL right now.

twopac

Avenger said:
you kidding ? at the moment, Gasnier is better then Hodges. However Hodges is number 2.

Get the f**k out.
Hodges has been the most consistent back for the past 2 years.
Ask any good judge like me.

Gasnier vs Hodges I'd still take Gasnier I think.

But that said Hodges is amazing, one of the rare players that seems to be moving in slow motion when he gets the ball, he always seems to have so much time. Jason Smith had a similar ability.

Latest posts