What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges

OVP

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
Even though he did the dirty on the Roosters i'll never forget some of the amazing performances he put in between, as OVP said, mid-2002 and his ACL in 2003.

Such a complete footballer and he's well and truly at the peak of his powers right now. Not just the best centre, but arguably one of the top 3 players in the NRL right now.

Just remember mate, Hodges was only a kid from Qld living in Sydney with a model girlfriend at the time. His whole life started to crumble away, and craved to go back home with his family. Its only natural to do that. His performance in the 2004 GF was atrocious though, so maybe thats what u meant, and not his actual leaving ?

EDIT : Actually i wouldnt be surprised if the selection of Hodges in the 2004 GF led to our overall demise.... Thats when Ricky gained total control, and thats when we started to lose.

scuzzi

Juniors
ATM Hodges is the best centre in the game. Gasnier is great in attack but cant match it in defence. Id put Hodges just above Gasnier.

Tommy Smith said:
Even though he did the dirty on the Roosters i'll never forget some of the amazing performances he put in between, as OVP said, mid-2002 and his ACL in 2003.

i dont think he did the dirty on us. he was young living in a foreign city ... a long way from home with his girl and when things went pear shaped he needed his family and he didn't have them ... he became homesick and obviously on a young man that's going to take his toll. i never have and never will feel dirty hodges left us ... although in his final season it was pretty obvious his heart and mind wasn't on the job ... we should of dumped him to premier league midway through 04 and we basically survived on minichiello and fittler out the back ...

it's still gasnier and hodges as the best centres in the world imo. nobody else comes close

salivor

First Grade
We wouldn't have won the comp in 2006 without Hodges IMO and I don't think he's had a bad game for us since the start of that season, even his average games are few and far between. He's the most consistant performer in the game and has been the best centre for the last 2 years now, Gasnier only get's that title from the Sydney media.

Big Mick

Referee
lmao...Gasnier is so freaking over-rated its not even funny.

He is by far the most over-rated centre in the game.

He isn't that great at all...he has good footwork, but thats it...any decent defensive centre who can read footwork shuts him down 8/10.

Hodges however has everything, can hurt you in defence and hurt you in attack through brut force, footwork and speed off the mark. A far superior player and if he was playing for a NSW club, he would be recognised as that.

shiznit

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
Hodges is awesome. Comfortably the best outside back in the game right now.

Such a complete footballer and he's well and truly at the peak of his powers right now. Not just the best centre, but arguably one of the top 3 players in the NRL right now.

did the dirty on the roosters??? i think you need to go back to when he first started playing first grade for the broncos. he did the dirty more on the bronco's than anyone.

looking at him now.... hes the best. Gasnier is up there but after last season yoy have to go with Hodges. he was pretty much the last star left in the broncos after all the injuries and he did enough to get them to the finals.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I have to rate Hodges the best centre in the game based on the past couple of seasons where he has been outstanding.

I think Gasnier is potentially a better player but I need to see consistent dominating on field performances.

Hopefully Bennett can wave his magic wand over Gasnier like he did to Hodges and we will see his full potential.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Dont tell the Channel Narne commentary team. Its Gasnier all the way.
I wouldnt swap Hodges for both Gasnier and Cooper

Wow what a surprise, saab manages to turn what was a thread about how Hodges is the best centre in the world atm, which he is. Into a nsw v wld, or bronc v stg thing. Grow up tosser. I am pretty sure the channel 9 commentators did not mention gaz or coops once last night. Try and fix that massive chip on your shoulder saab.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
shiznit said:
did the dirty on the roosters??? i think you need to go back to when he first started playing first grade for the broncos. he did the dirty more on the bronco's than anyone.

looking at him now.... hes the best. Gasnier is up there but after last season yoy have to go with Hodges. he was pretty much the last star left in the broncos after all the injuries and he did enough to get them to the finals.

I heard Ricketson did the dirty with Hodges girlfriend and afterwards the team put sh*t on him constantly.

Do you blame him for wanting to leave that environment?

Fatdog

Juniors
Hodges is playing that good he is probably doing harm to his chances at getting a centre spot for Australia. The aussie selectors often choose more than two centres and put one on the wing. And Hodges form out of dummy half on the second and third tackles after a kick return and his ability to read defence may make him an option on the wing.

But honestly I rate him head and shoulders above gasnier and cooper atm.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hodges is a better all-round player than Gasnier. I think anyone who says othjerwise is in denial. But I'd still take Gasnier as an attacking centre. Easily the best one-on-one attacking player in the game.

And to be fair, Hodges plays in a far better team. Gasnier plays better than Hodges in the Australian team, for example.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Tbh, the Cooper bashing annoys the sh*t out of me. I don't think he ever has been a flashy player, but for some reason people expect him to be.

Saints are gonna miss him when he leaves. He's one of the best defensive centres in the game, if not the best, I can't remember him ever f*cking up. He never tries to be a hero, just sits in his position & does his job. And the not passing thing... :lol: That myth started back in Origin 2004 when he should have passed it once so every genius who doesn't watch Saints games think he doesn't pass.

He rated just right, & it'll be a joke when Lyon takes his Origin spot.

Billythekid

First Grade
I hope your not basing it on last nights performance. I have rated Hodges ahead of Gasnier for sometime, but last night wasn't exactly his greatest performance.

I also think watching Jared Hayne that he may be able to challenge both of them as well.

Garts

Bench
Hodges is the best atm, has the all round game. Not as big a d!ckhead anymore either.

Latest posts