What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hunt

Willow

Assistant Moderator
15 games for Souths, 1 game for Parramatta.

1 game for us.

You're right Coast, he is no kid. But he did put his body on the line for us tonight.

His last game was a shocker but he played well and could snag a wing spot and honestly whoes in front of him no one of note.

ellskimore

Juniors
I was looking forward to seeing him play tonight and he can hold his head up high. A very admirable performance replacing a world class fullback. Loved how he returned the ball with no self-preservation. Just picked it up and ran hard. He took plenty of hit ups too and was busy at the back organising the defence.
Combining with Widdop and Benji in that midfield linebreak was great to see but his try saving cruncher on Ben Hannant was highlight reel stuff.
I will not be uncomfortable seeing his name on the team sheet in the future.

possm

Coach
I've been saying for a few weeks now that Mary should select him on the left wing. In my opinion he should be there for the rest of the season.

Tonight he showed a turn of speed, a fearless kick return and the guts to take on forwards in defence. He is more experienced and seems quicker than Nabuli and is a very good back up for Dugan.

Dugan is on the big bucks and so should stay at fullback. Justin hunt at left centre may prove to be a great move.

Walpole

Juniors
Excellent display from Hunt tonight, I would certainly be picking him ahead of Nabuli or Farrell on that showing.

Looking at the NRL project, of his previous 14 NRL games 11 have been on the wing. Definitely good enough to earn a wing sport for mine.

giboz71

First Grade
Dugan will stay at fullback and and I'm sure he'll be great. But we will still struggle to score. Until we get a hooker and fullback who can actually combine with others, we'll continue to keep banging away with Benji and Widdop doing their thing.

Thing is, teams have worked Benji and Widdop out and the moves that worked earlier in the year, teams can defend now. Things aren't going to change unless there is a plan b the coaches can work out.

TheRev

Coach
imo Mata'utai needs some time to rest his ankle anyway... so perhaps Runciman takes that spot temporarily, or Farrell.. and take ur pick for left wing.. problem is we have so many injuries in the backline, Mary has been reluctant to rest anyone (understandable).

Cagey Mac

Bench
Hunt on the wing gives us a genuine fullback when Duges needs a rest and is also an option to drop back when we're undertaking high risk last tackle plays that involve Duges.
I'd say he's earned a wing spot for sure.

kit66

Bench
He showed some good signs Hunt and it's probably worth giving him some more exposure to 1st grade but I can't help but thinking The Duges would have got closer to stopping Linnett's second and the Granville's tries.
Maybe a run on the wing but I wouldn't even contemplate moving Duges, not for a second.

Twenty10

Juniors
Hunt definitely better option than Nabuli. He's faster, safer hands and runs harder!! I know he's small, but his effectiveness craps all over Nabuli.

The Nick

Bench
Hunt took his opportunity and grabbed it by the scruff of the neck. He played out of his skin last night, but the question is can he replicate that form week after week like Dugan does?

FlameThrower

Bench
Hunt style of kick return reminds me of Karmichael Hunt when he was at the Broncos, absolutely fearless!!! both are 6 ft 90 kilo...out on the wing replaces Nabuli and can cover Dugan if needed...easy!

stevejay

Juniors
I've never seen this guy play until ladt night. If this is his regular effort then he must stay in fg

possm

Coach
Hunt style of kick return reminds me of Karmichael Hunt when he was at the Broncos, absolutely fearless!!! both are 6 ft 90 kilo...out on the wing replaces Nabuli and can cover Dugan if needed...easy!

Should have happened weeks ago. For some reason we have been obsessed with keeping Farrell in the 17, even to the extent of switching Nightingale to the left wing.

Let's hope this was not just a one off performance by Hunt. If he can come close to this form on the left wing each game till the end of this season, I believe he would solve our left wing problem while at the same time provide good cover for Dugan.

The Nick

Bench
I think at most Justin Hunt did enough to say he deserves the left wing spot. Whether or not he keeps it is up to him. But to consider shifting Dugan to accommodate this kid after just one game is ridiculous! Yes he stood out in what was virtually a reserve grade game, but does he actually bring anything to the table that Dugan doesn't already? Does he strengthen that position at all? The answer is no.

Some great kick returns, a nice try saver and a nice line break off a Marshall inside ball - but as someone already pointed out his positional play at times was awful (and let in a try to Linnett off a grubber that he should have covered easily).

Latest posts