What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

murraymob

Coach
if parra are to re build they need to look at second tier players looking for a chance players like shane blackett and joel orton from penrith who can not get past waterhouse pritchard petro lewis

Pazza

First Grade
sika manu and john mannah would do wonders for this team!

- develop mortimer
- keating to 5/8
- mateo to lock
- inu onto the wing
- reddy to right centre, where he is his most dangerous!

thats a damn good team i recon

Parraren

Bench
Like The Ram has mentioned, there are still some good players available but I don't know whether we are chasing them or have the cash to do so.

By the sounds of it Poore & Shackleton will be staying put.

Sika Manu & Matt Scott should be at the top of our list and to be honest I think they are the better buys.

StEely Matt

Juniors
Just watched Shackleton get dominated by Manly... not sure if I'm a fan of him tbh... plays like the players we already have!

TheRam

Coach
Like The Ram has mentioned, there are still some good players available but I don't know whether we are chasing them or have the cash to do so.

By the sounds of it Poore & Shackleton will be staying put.

Sika Manu & Matt Scott should be at the top of our list and to be honest I think they are the better buys.

Yes of the established players both Sika Manu & Matt Scott are the best options all things considered, but I doubt that we will move either of them from their respective clubs. We just are not appealing enough at the moment for players to move from one Sydney club to another let alone from one state to another, unless we pay massive overs, which I don't think is wise.

caylo

Bench
the only way we will be getting players is buy paying overs for them.....

would pay over tbh, no one on the current market is actually worth overs. I would get who is willing to come at an resonable price, maybe look at some smaller signnings if need be. I'm still confident we can get shackelton atleast and probably OMealy or Myles. The roosters arn't going crash hot and it would probably be a small upgrade. After 2010 Cayless will be looking at a massive down grade (if he is still playing) and we would have more money to target other players with alot of quality coming on the market.

Delboy

First Grade
The contacts I have , mentioned that they will not pay overs for any players and that includes our own juniors. 2010 will be a year for continuing to review our own roster, as due to supercoach we have no major cash to spend.

For 2011 it is a different matter and we can expect to see some decent movement, at least that is the intention as the cap will have worked itself out a little, do not underestimate the situation that DA was left in.

Expect to see a more juniors etc given an opportunity as decisions are being assessed.

caylo

Bench
The contacts I have , mentioned that they will not pay overs for any players and that includes our own juniors. 2010 will be a year for continuing to review our own roster, as due to supercoach we have no major cash to spend.

For 2011 it is a different matter and we can expect to see some decent movement, at least that is the intention as the cap will have worked itself out a little, do not underestimate the situation that DA was left in.

Expect to see a more juniors etc given an opportunity as decisions are being assessed.

That is probably the best way to approach the current situation esp with good jnrs comming through like Johnston and Allgood. With a few solid signning we can turn it around and then assess the situation and move forward for there, With Hayne, Inu, Mateo, KK we atleast have the ability to score points but we need a solid platform.

strider

Post Whore
yeah - broncos seem to have a selective code of conduct :lol: ... must have clauses about the name of the player and the magnitude of the matches involved :lol:

Pazza

First Grade
i doubt clinton will get dumped for the club for this lol! but he would be a great pickup

Pazza

First Grade
matt scott made 21 rungs for 205 metres while sika manu made 146 metres off 17 runs this week. wish we could pick them both up lol.

strider

Post Whore
matt scott made 21 rungs for 205 metres while sika manu made 146 metres off 17 runs this week. wish we could pick them both up lol.
Manu would be fantastic ... did u see the way he bounced back up after being hammered vs the broncos - most of our forward pack would have taken a week to get back up